shape
carat
color
clarity

Feel the warmth! Leon Mege calibrated French cuts + AVC!

ringabling

Brilliant_Rock
It's stunning!!! I love all the info you've detailed as well, interesting!

E B

Ideal_Rock
It is glorious. :love:

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
Oh. My. God. I am in awe. Your ring is simply stunning!!

Saw what you will about that man, but he makes an amazing ring.

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Damnit! Yet another thing that I'll put on my "when I win the lotto" list!! It's gorgeous!!! Droooooooooool

Love Street

Shiny_Rock
LoveJules, hoofbeats, ringabling, E B, Feb03Bride, Athenaworth, rhbgirl - thank you thank you thank you!!! It is so much fun to share here since I don't have many (any?) friends who have a PSer's enthusiasm for jewelry - I think DH now knows more about diamonds and settings than most of my girlfriends! :loopy:

Feb03Bride - I agree. I know Leon is a hot button topic (and I was as worried as anyone else beforehand), but I'm so happy with how the ring turned out and overall it was stress-free and I really do love all of his designs so I wasn't worried I'd open up the box to something I didn't like. He even milgrained the little bezel French cuts on the side, which I didn't even think to ask about but which I think is a nice complement.

Rhbgirl - haha, definitely show your DH this post. I started "planting_the_seed" for my upgrade three years ago! :Up_to_something:

The only thing is... my right hand now far outshines my left hand! I've been thinking of stacking options for my left hand (with the knowledge my shared prong will scratch and groove whatever's next to it) - but both DH and I are sentimental about the band so I want to wear it. Any thoughts? Keep it solo? Add one or two smaller bezeled stacks or a bigger blinger band?

ACK - excuse the terribly dry skin - this was still at Disney and it was cold and breezy and I don't want lotion near my ring yet! ::)

IMG_1141.JPG

IMG_1344.JPG

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love Street, your ring turned out so beautifully! The cushion is fabulous and I love the french cut stones and the millegrain! I keep coming back to look at the pictures-- congratulations!

AnaSpark

Rough_Rock
Love Street|1296571270|2839270 said:
Porridge, diamondrnglover, purple silk, LA Love, nadiamo, Tuckins1, herekittykitty, Miss Got Rocks, bright ice, Oranges, yenny, AnaSpark, stci, gemgirl, Luv2Sparkle - thank you all so much for your kind comments and for sharing my excitement!

The French cuts are really pretty IRL - I'm tempted to have an eternity band too! (Maybe for 10 year wedding nniversary :Up_to_something: )

AnaSpark|1296566620|2839202 said:
LoveStreet, this is so amazing! I am the one who spent some time with your stone at GoG and cannot believe how different it looks when set. This is one of the most beautiful rings I've ever seen (and one of the most beautiful stones)! Congratulations and wear it in good health!!!!

Ana Spark - I know exactly what you mean!! My stone definitely had a bit of a wonky outline - you can see it in the GOG link, and definitely on a black background it is noticeable (below is a pic that Leon sent of the K-colored French cuts - not calibrated, but rather just different sizes, that he was using for his wife's ring I think - you can see both the warmth and the wonkiness of my stone!)

I worried about its shape a little bit, but not much I could do. I was so thrilled when I opened the box - my awkward rock duckling had transformed into a swan - it was like that reality show! Amazing what some skilled "framing" will do.

Well, I wouldn't say "wonky", more unique! :love: I loved your stone and felt that it had so much personality. I was picturing it in a three or five stone setting (b/c that is what I plan to do to my AVC---though it may not work b/c my fingers are a little skinny) and am now thinking that french cuts are the way to go. They make your stone come alive! And the M+K colors work so well together. Would love to see more pics if you've got them. How thick is the band (in lieu of all the recent discussions in rockytalky over band width)? Congrats again! I was so excited to see this stone in its finished home because it is the only AVC I saw in person.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, that has to be one of my top 5 favorite rings ever posted here (tied with wintotty's since they are so similar). :love: :love: :love:

It's a combination of a perfect stone and perfect setting! :appl: :appl: :appl:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think you should stack something with the wedding ring to balance out the two hands a little. You could do plain bands on either side or just experiment with different diamond bands. But I think you'll have to try some on to know what will work best. Since you have a Tiffany band already, I'd go there to try some on just because they have a great variety of styles.

Venice

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
sigh, I lurve this ring. :love: It caught my eye that you have S&M engraved in your ring, as my husband and I have the same thing, plus our wedding date. ::)

Wear it in good health!

wintotty

Shiny_Rock
It came back SPECTACULAR!!! I love how you have french cuts in the gallary, the design makes the ring look more unique and antique looking! We got lucky since Leon made this design unavailable to the diamonds brought in, only for the stones sourced by Perry.

Post more pics!! I love looking at french cuts and we are for sure the ring sisters!! :appl: :appl:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love Street - :love: :love: :love:

The colours, the combination of stones.... beautiful!!

hellokitty6782

Shiny_Rock
Lovestreet, I'm so glad you finally posted pictures! The ring is beautiful, and I really love that stone. Way to go getting a rock! :appl: You're right, the french cuts flow really nicely with the AVC, which is gorgeous! :love:

Hospatogi

Brilliant_Rock
You ring is just stunning ! I will also be getting an engagement ring very similar to your design but until then I am going to drool over yours ! :)

slg47

Ideal_Rock
I will never get tired of seeing these beautiful french cut settings :) LoveStreet, thanks so much for sharing all of these great pictures! It is really a beautiful ring :)

tigian

Ideal_Rock
Your ring is amazing, simply amazing! Couldn't be more perfect.

katushka

Rough_Rock
To me, the proportions and flow on this ring are just perfect! I adore the 1:1 ratio and the "cohesive sparkle" you described (between side stones and center stone) is so rare and special!

Love Street

Shiny_Rock
AnaSpark|1296576407|2839382 said:
Well, I wouldn't say "wonky", more unique! :love: I loved your stone and felt that it had so much personality. I was picturing it in a three or five stone setting (b/c that is what I plan to do to my AVC---though it may not work b/c my fingers are a little skinny) and am now thinking that french cuts are the way to go. They make your stone come alive! And the M+K colors work so well together. Would love to see more pics if you've got them. How thick is the band (in lieu of all the recent discussions in rockytalky over band width)? Congrats again! I was so excited to see this stone in its finished home because it is the only AVC I saw in person.

AnaSpark - it is so cool that you got to "meet" my stone! I LOVED the idea of a 3 or 5-stone AVC (though since my first e-ring was a 3-stone I really wanted to a 5-stone. Leon had said that a 3-stone with baguetts could be ok - not stunning - with this one). Did you ever pick out an AVC? I'll definitely post more pix later when I'm home. I'm not sure how thick the band is, but I'd say 2.2-2.4mm at the narrowest point, just comparing with my 2.2 wedding band. Which I'm very glad about in light of the recent discussion (and I also came to the conclusion that super thin rings didn't look that great on my short, fleshy peasant fingers - especially my big old right hand!)

Diamondseeker - thank you! I'm very flattered since you have been here a while and seen tons of amazing bling! Good ideas re stacking experiments. I might buy some CZ bands with an ebay gift certif that expires soon so I can get a feel for how they might look. There are so many nice bands out there (though now I'm extra paranoid about thinner ones...).

TravelinGal - thanks! Do yo have the same initials? I think it's so special having initials and date engraved - it makes me much more sentimental about this ring than my first one (which we picked out after the engagement).

Wintotty - Yay! I am so honored to be ring sisters with you! Your ring is truly a masterpiece! (And yes, I guess we were lucky if Leon holds true to his statement about only allowing this layout with his stones?! Maybe he's just saying that and will ultimately do what best complements the stone, as he did with mine.). I cannot WAIT to see your RHR project evolve - I adore yellow diamonds too!

BabyNurse, Venice, Yssie, Hellokitty, Hospatogi (can't wait to see your French cuts in the future!!), slg, tigian, katushka - thank you all so, so much for your compliments! This is probably the only significant jewelry project for me for a while, and I'm grateful for all the help I've received here, so I really appreciate being able to share the excitement of the finished project. Thank you!

Kasey3

Shiny_Rock
Wow!!! your ring is stunning. perfect in every way.

congratulations on your ten years together.

thanks for posting your pics

Ara Ann

Brilliant_Rock
AmAzInG!!! Absolute perfection! :appl: My new all time favorite PS ring! Thanks for sharing your pics, feel free to post more!! =) And congratulations on such a gorgeous ring! :wacko:

missydebby

Brilliant_Rock
Oh My Freekin Frackin Goodness! DAYUM!!! Thatr is outrageously beautiful. I am awestruck. It's PERFECTION :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
It is stunning, absolute perfection :love: :love: :love: :appl: :appl: :appl:

AnaSpark

Rough_Rock
Love Street|1296594074|2839704 said:
AnaSpark|1296576407|2839382 said:

AnaSpark - it is so cool that you got to "meet" my stone! I LOVED the idea of a 3 or 5-stone AVC (though since my first e-ring was a 3-stone I really wanted to a 5-stone. Leon had said that a 3-stone with baguetts could be ok - not stunning - with this one). Did you ever pick out an AVC? I'll definitely post more pix later when I'm home. I'm not sure how thick the band is, but I'd say 2.2-2.4mm at the narrowest point, just comparing with my 2.2 wedding band. Which I'm very glad about in light of the recent discussion (and I also came to the conclusion that super thin rings didn't look that great on my short, fleshy peasant fingers - especially my big old right hand!)

Diamondseeker - thank you! I'm very flattered since you have been here a while and seen tons of amazing bling! Good ideas re stacking experiments. I might buy some CZ bands with an ebay gift certif that expires soon so I can get a feel for how they might look. There are so many nice bands out there (though now I'm extra paranoid about thinner ones...).

TravelinGal - thanks! Do yo have the same initials? I think it's so special having initials and date engraved - it makes me much more sentimental about this ring than my first one (which we picked out after the engagement).

Wintotty - Yay! I am so honored to be ring sisters with you! Your ring is truly a masterpiece! (And yes, I guess we were lucky if Leon holds true to his statement about only allowing this layout with his stones?! Maybe he's just saying that and will ultimately do what best complements the stone, as he did with mine.). I cannot WAIT to see your RHR project evolve - I adore yellow diamonds too!

BabyNurse, Venice, Yssie, Hellokitty, Hospatogi (can't wait to see your French cuts in the future!!), slg, tigian, katushka - thank you all so, so much for your compliments! This is probably the only significant jewelry project for me for a while, and I'm grateful for all the help I've received here, so I really appreciate being able to share the excitement of the finished project. Thank you!

Yessss, more pictures, more pictures!!! I cannot get enough of your ring. We DID purchase an AVC for an e-ring (which led to my AVC earring craze), but I haven't posted details as it isn't officially mine just yet (though I believe we've been sharing a roof for some time now...). I am still trying to figure out what to do with it. It is pretty square (and also a warmer AVC---just looooove those creamy colors), so I am concerned that my five stone dream setting won't work. And now that I've seen your french cut beauty, I'm questioning whether I really want to stick it in a plain solitaire setting or jazz it up with some french friends!

Cachette

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! That is one splendid ring!!! :love:

I love everything about it. :appl:

Enjoy!

Cachette :))

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
What a beautiful ring, I love everything about it.

Farleysmom

Brilliant_Rock
LOVE IT! LOVE IT! LOVE IT! LOVE IT! LOVE IT! :cheeky: :love: :cheeky: :love: :cheeky: :love: Oh....did I say I love it? It is freaking fabulous. Definitely one of my new all-time favourites. STUNNING! sign!

portia

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous stone and ring, Lovestreet! I love the graduated french cuts. They look perfect with the style cushion you have. It's a truly stunning combination!! :love: :love: :love: :appl:

ZhenyaH

Rough_Rock
The ring is absolutely stunning! AVC+french cuts = PERFECTION!!!! :love: :love: :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results