shape
carat
color
clarity

Feedback on Whiteflash you may be interested in

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
[quote...Wow..I'm speechless and shocked. :o Agree with Slg47.

Everyone has different ideas how to propose. Who are we to be judging what is an epic fail or success?
Come on now - we are all individual people with various likes and dislikes.

Tim - I'm so sorry to hear about this. Whiteflash made a huge error here. It is very inappropriate and unprofessional.
I'm very glad to hear the proposal went well. All the best with the wedding planning! :)[/quote]

I'm with diva and slg. This was shameful on their part and the fact that they wouldn't even pull the post off of FB for a day or so is even worse. I'm so sorry that this happened Tim, but know that it can't take away from your happiness over the gorgeous ring and your new fiancee! Many congrats!

sparklypoodle

Rough_Rock
Tim, I am in shock and horror over what happened to you. This is beyond unacceptable. You developed a relationship with the company, and they betrayed you. There is no excuse. Even if you receive an apology at this point (especially once they realize how much business they have lost due to their faux pas), it is too late, the damage is done.

Contact Lesley, they will treat you like you deserve to be treated. In my experience, their after care service is impeccable. You will be happy. Maybe ask if they could do the diamond upgrade in the future? It never hurts to ask.

WF will never see my business. Thank you for sharing your experience, it helps many people choose where not to spend money.

I wish you and your fiance a lifetime of happiness.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tim, I am just shocked over this. I thought your story was one of the very best I have ever read on PS. I just saw the thread on FB and it is unbelievable it is still there. I said this before, but all you have gone through to show your total commitment to your future wife is amazing to me, and a FB proposal from a man on the other side of the world sounds very wonderful to me. My problem is, let's hypothetically say this was a complete coincidence to be posted yesterday. I still say there is absolutely NO excuse for it not to be taken down considering the insult it could be to a good customer. Why have any posts on there that would potentially hurt business???

I will tell you if you are running out of people to work with that Jonathan at Good Old Gold has integrity and is a very fine person aside from having great diamonds. I wish you could speak to him directly.

Just focus on the fact that you DID get a great set of rings from WF, and I really cannot wait to see the proposal thread!!!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a slap in the face to someone who is fighting for our freedoms. I have purchased from Whiteflash and had nothing but a stellar experience. This really surprises me that, them, of all vendors would choose such poor taste in posting on FB your situation and there comments/opinions about it!! :-o I did not read through all of the posts but I certainly hope that they got back with you, took the post/comments down off of FB and although you did not request this, I would give you back the $$ you spent on their so called "independent appraisal". I would also consider that the ball is still in your court since you ordered earrings and can cancel that purchase with them. They have got to do something to make this right!!! I think the proposal idea is wonderful and unique to your situation! Good luck and Congratulations to you both on your impending engagement/future together! :appl:

TimMD

Shiny_Rock
I will tell you if you are running out of people to work with that Jonathan at Good Old Gold has integrity and is a very fine person aside from having great diamonds. I wish you could speak to him directly.

Just focus on the fact that you DID get a great set of rings from WF, and I really cannot wait to see the proposal thread!!![/quote]

Funny you mention that, I contacted GoodOldGold during my search. They actually had the center stone I liked the most and i REALLY wanted to go with them but they didnt really do custom work and i had my heart set on something I made (their discussions about custom was changing heads, etc) But they were very responsive and they had a 1.38 G VVS1 stone that was 0.12 mm bigger than my 1.31 G VVS2 stone that was the same price as what whiteflash charged but, but I thought Joseph from whiteflash was their strength and I appreciated him talking me through the design so much, it was worth the extra money. i wanted the stone/setting from the same place. Yesterday (1 more left in my return of stone time) i actually considered returning the stone, keeping the setting and sending it to GOG for that stone but that ring means something to me and I love it, not trying to push negative energy on it I just hope someone from whiteflash cares as all of their customers on pricescope seem too. And in the end that would delay what my fiance deserves and I wasnt letting this ignorance on their part affect her. I really appreciate everyones support.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tim, I too am so sorry about all of this.

First of all, I question the wisdom of having this kind of chit-chat and "shooting the breeze" type of behavior on a company website. Who cares about the personal opinions of Whiteflash employees with regard to proposals? And why on Earth would a company who sells engagement rings discourage any kind of proposal? Don't these employees realize proposals are good for business? I'm very confused by this behavior. It sounds very unprofessional to me.

I can't fathom why your sales rep, knowing about your proposal, would post a negative comment about the exact way you planned on proposing. It makes me question her intelligence level.

At the very least, you deserved a sincere apology for this mishap, and it's reprehensible that you didn't receive one. It sounds like a heartfelt apology would have gone a long way with you. I don't blame you for being tempted to take your business elsewhere.

I'm glad the proposal went well, I wish you and your fiance all the happiness in the world!

edited for spelling

sparkie

Rough_Rock
Concerning the diamonds you had purchased, it could be a system error. I had a diamond on reserve for about 4 weeks because it took time about a week to return the diamond I had earlier and another 2-3 weeks for the diamond to be inspected by AGS labs. Throughout those 4 weeks, the status of the diamond became "available" twice. I informed them when I noticed it and it was rectified immediately. I don't think they intentionally "released" the diamond while we were in the process of concluding our transaction.

As for the post on FB, I have read it and have to say that it was in poor taste.. but I don't think it was directed specifically at you or your proposal. Since you have attempted to contact Traci for an explanation, give her a few days to reply you. She's my salesperson as well and when I tried contacting her earlier today, I was informed by her colleague that she's away for the weekend. She may not have internet access and be privy to what is unfolding at this moment. If I was in your position, I would be very upset as well but I would give her the benefit of doubt and allow her the chance to properly explain herself. :rolleyes:

TimMD

Shiny_Rock
sparkie|1295722964|2829796 said:
Concerning the diamonds you had purchased, it could be a system error. I had a diamond on reserve for about 4 weeks because it took time about a week to return the diamond I had earlier and another 2-3 weeks for the diamond to be inspected by AGS labs. Throughout those 4 weeks, the status of the diamond became "available" twice. I informed them when I noticed it and it was rectified immediately. I don't think they intentionally "released" the diamond while we were in the process of concluding our transaction.

As for the post on FB, I have read it and have to say that it was in poor taste.. but I don't think it was directed specifically at you or your proposal. Since you have attempted to contact Traci for an explanation, give her a few days to reply you. She's my salesperson as well and when I tried contacting her earlier today, I was informed by her colleague that she's away for the weekend. She may not have internet access and be privy to what is unfolding at this moment. If I was in your position, I would be very upset as well but I would give her the benefit of doubt and allow her the chance to properly explain herself. :rolleyes:

I emailed Traci nearly daily since the end of November. I know she never works the weekends, this all happened Friday after we chatted through there website. She knows my IP address and thus always asks when I would chat. She was there yesterday because I confirmed it. Acutally if you notice, she responded not once but twice to the facebook feed. It is a moot point, I want to believe in them too, but I am not interested in what she has to say anymore. I am waiting for contact from the COO and would love to hear from Mrs Wexler herself.

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tim:
First the ring and proposal story are both very beautiful and both very thought out and you can tell a lot of love/energy went into both of them. Personally I'd rather a well thought out LONG distance proposal with as much love as you put into it than many of the other ones that weren't as well thought out with as much care, love and effort you put into yours. I'm horrified that WF had posted that (and good for you posting right on the post too!) and I agree with the above poster that the WF site should probably not be used for "personal opinions" on certain subjects. No matter what the topic you run the risk of offending someone, etc and in the business world, especially one as PERSONAL and not to mention EXPENSIVE as jewelery/engagement ring...well I just think that wasn't a very well thought out idea on their part. Hopefully they hadn't considered it before and now are taking the time to realize that just because it's now common to have a social networking site doesn't mean you can throw etiquette and common curiosity out the window (which is becoming more and more common it seems ;( )

I've noticed they did remove the thread from their FB page, I hope you get an apology as well.

I think you've handled this very well considering what happened. Your not allowing it to affect/taint your engagement and ring (and you shouldn't either) but there are many people who would have let it get to them more than just that.

Thank you for your service and I wish you and your fiance all the happiness in the world! :appl:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tim, I see that WF has removed the FB post now. Good decision. Sort of illustrates the power of PS in keeping accountability with vendors.

I know the exact diamond you are talking about at GOG! Honestly, that is my ideal stone! I actually have a 1.6 H VS1 from them and really would have preferred a little smaller stone (yeah, I know I am an anomaly for PS, but...). That 1.38 G is exactly the stone I told Jonathan that I wish I had. Still considering it but it isn't probably a wise financial decision to trade for a smaller stone that would require a new setting!

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
Wow. I don't really know what to say. I would be totally offended, by so many things -- the FB post, the lack of response by your saleswoman, releasing your stones, etc. I am just stunned at the lack of respect you have received. I would not give WF any more of your business and I know I will definitely not be giving them any of MY business. :evil: I agree with giving BGD another chance. I have been working with them and have had nothing but positive experiences so far.

Again, I'm so sorry this happened to you, but a big CONGRATS on your engagement! Can't wait to see the video.

TimMD

Shiny_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1295723411|2829806 said:
Tim, I see that WF has removed the FB post now. Good decision. Sort of illustrates the power of PS in keeping accountability with vendors.

I know the exact diamond you are talking about at GOG! Honestly, that is my ideal stone! I actually have a 1.6 H VS1 from them and really would have preferred a little smaller stone (yeah, I know I am an anomaly for PS, but...). That 1.38 G is exactly the stone I told Jonathan that I wish I had. Still considering it but it isn't probably a wise financial decision to trade for a smaller stone that would require a new setting!

Yea, it is a great stone, I think i studied it for at least 2 days!! hahaha It would be a tough move to trade down in size, I still debate if I should have went with a H/VS1 i saw at both BGD and whiteflash. I have trouble getting to the phone and never actually spoke to Jonathon, although I wanted to because I read such great things about him on here. The person that answers their emails (my easiest comms) Sarah is who I was directed to when i called. I think there is a good chance if I would have that stone right now if I spoke with Jonathon from what I hear about him. Great stone though, I still "wonder if" about it daily and actualy just looked at the certs again today. It is funny, my girlfriend just called Whiteflash and asked to speak to Mr Eber (the COO) but Traci answered and now the post is erased literally a minute after that call. Thanks for letting me know! :)

TimMD

Shiny_Rock
Lil Misfit|1295723686|2829814 said:
Can't wait to see the video.

I actually uploaded it under Show me the bling thread about my proposal but didn't know you couldnt post links to video (even though it is just a slide show). I enjoy all these posts so much and everyones advice and feedback I really wanted to share but I don't know how. Oh well, I tried....but I am still bugging her about handshots so those should be coming soon :)

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, you still got a great stone and great setting! I've had earring stones from WF as well and they are equally beautiful, of course! I think someone just wasn't thinking when they made that post on FB because it wasn't a very good idea when at least one person knew they had a customer who was proposing via FB, and for VERY good reason!!! I think it is GREAT that you didn't make her wait until you came back to propose! I am always scratching my head when guys post that they have the ring but are waiting MONTHS for some special event to propose! Gosh, make a special event soon after the ring arrives!

Allison D.

Ideal_Rock
Tim, as the WF rep on this board, please accept my most sincere apologies for the unfortunate timing of the FB post.

I've spoken with Renee today and confirmed that she had no idea about your pending proposal when she initiated the FB topic. That doesn't mitigate your discomfort, though, and I'd like to personally apologize for the unfortunate timing of the post and for any dismay it may have caused you. I've had the entire post taken down, and I hope this bring you comfort.

I agree that the topic matter wasn't really appropriate for us, and we'll be having internal discussions to make sure we are sensitive to our clients with the content going forward. We should be in a role supporting our clients however they want to propose and helping to make it special.

If there is anything more I can do to help, please feel free to get in touch with me personally. Given your deployment, I'm guessing email might be easiest for you. The office can provide you with my email contact info, but please know that I'm a bit off the grid this weekend and won't have anything other than sporadic access throughout this weekend.

With deepest apologies,
Allison Dewey
Consumer Relations, WF

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good response, Allison! We sometimes have to learn from our mistakes.

TimMD

Shiny_Rock
Allison thank you for the reply. I would have preferred Ms. Brinlee remove the post yesterday when she was alerted to the conflict it caused. Me informing the company, having someone I didn't know respond, apologize, defend, and then leave the post I think it when I was most offended, or maybe when the person that had all the knowledge posted on it twice most offends me. Anyways, it is all a moot point, I do appreciate at least someone acting like it matters today despite being a weekend. I appreciate the offer to contact you but I am waiting to hear from someone in charge and hopefully they can try to make better the situation for a guy that just wants to be a customer, that is all. I think the lack of responses to my emails yesterday was insulting and lack of response to the conflict THE DAY of the conflict is insulting so to me, the only person at this point that can fix it is someone in charge that just will show me they honor and respect my business. I don't want to feel like a fool for continuing a relationship just to be made a mockery out of, I guess that is the point. Again, I have nothing but great things to say about the quality of the work from WF and I realize it is a Saturday so I will wait for a response from an appropriate person on Monday. Thank you for your response and for removing the post, although at this point I was very ok with it because my proposal is done and I feel it was more removed now to reduce the backlash from everyone from PS going to FB reading EXACTLY what was wrote and agreeing it was RIDICULOUS.

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Congrats on your proposal Tim. As a veteran myself I sympathize with your post.

Regards,

ImpatientOne

Brilliant_Rock
DisneyBride828|1295711339|2829634 said:
I'm more of a lurker than a poster usually, but HOLY MOLEY!! I would be upset as well. I'm sorry, that can not be a coincidence!!! I will not be purchasing from them due to poor taste and immaturity towards someone who serves our country.

You know, WF was on my short list of recommendations for my daughter's bf (who is also deployed), will be proposing soon. But after reading your story, they are definitely off the list!

My are a military family and I truly can appreciate the difficulties you had to have gone through to pull your purchase and proposal off! My husband, too, is in Iraq at the moment and I know how lousy the internet connections are over there, lol.

At the least, WF should have immediately pulled their FB posting once you notified them of your concerns.

Lula

Ideal_Rock
TimMD|1295726261|2829866 said:
Allison thank you for the reply. I would have preferred Ms. Brinlee remove the post yesterday when she was alerted to the conflict it caused. Me informing the company, having someone I didn't know respond, apologize, defend, and then leave the post I think it when I was most offended, or maybe when the person that had all the knowledge posted on it twice most offends me. Anyways, it is all a moot point, I do appreciate at least someone acting like it matters today despite being a weekend. I appreciate the offer to contact you but I am waiting to hear from someone in charge and hopefully they can try to make better the situation for a guy that just wants to be a customer, that is all. I think the lack of responses to my emails yesterday was insulting and lack of response to the conflict THE DAY of the conflict is insulting so to me, the only person at this point that can fix it is someone in charge that just will show me they honor and respect my business. I don't want to feel like a fool for continuing a relationship just to be made a mockery out of, I guess that is the point. Again, I have nothing but great things to say about the quality of the work from WF and I realize it is a Saturday so I will wait for a response from an appropriate person on Monday. Thank you for your response and for removing the post, although at this point I was very ok with it because my proposal is done and I feel it was more removed now to reduce the backlash from everyone from PS going to FB reading EXACTLY what was wrote and agreeing it was RIDICULOUS.

First of all, congratulations on the proposal!!

Second, I totally agree with you when you say that it looks like the post was removed due to PS backlash and not any sincere effort on their part to address your concerns. I also agree with the poster who said that apologizing and then justifying their actions is not a real apology.

I would be really upset, too. So upset that I would return the ring, buy that gorgeous stone from GOG and start over. I thought I read in another post that GOG does do custom design -- maybe I'm remembering it wrong.

I would also cancel the order for the Valentine's Day present, and work with Lesley from BGD instead.

I have de-friended both Renee and WF on my FB account as a show of support for you and your situation.

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
While I'm sure the apology is appreciated, in my opinion, it is too little too late. I don't want to do business with a company as unprofessional as that FB post made WF seem. I don't have a lot of business to give, but they surely won't be getting any of it.

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My personal response to WF rep Alison' post? - too little, too late, too insincere, too CYA, too meaningless.

I also find her post insulting to my intelligence. Can it really be true that a customer representative working at a jewelry store has to admit "the topic matter wasn't really appropriate for us, and we'll be having internal discussions to make sure we are sensitive to our clients with the content going forward. We should be in a role supporting our clients however they want to propose and helping to make it special." Really? It never occurred to anyone at WF that this topic is singularly inappropriate for a business that creates engagement rings?!

Alison's post only confirms my disillusioned realization that WF is apparently staffed with people from top to bottom who don't hold respecting the client as a core principle, and company-wide is dismayingly lacking in any understanding of customer service and customer loyalty.

y2kitty

Brilliant_Rock
I just can't believe that a company struggling to retain market share like Whiteflash would make such an idiotic mistake. I am unfriending them on FB as well.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don't think anyone can place the blame on Allison. She corrected it as best she could after the fact. My problem is that , the FB post wasn't pulled immediately. And that his sales rep made not one but two comments in that posting.. Putting the idea down. :nono:

She knew he was proposing in this manner, she could have said, don't do this as a topic, that's not cool. My client is doing this... He's serving our country... But all she did was bash the idea, and no support to him was given. That's what has me shaking my head...

Allison got on the ball, and did the best she could from what I can see.

It's a most unfortunate situation.... WF must be learning a very big lesson from this..

afreebird

Shiny_Rock
How utterly classless. I'm sorry that such a moronic move tainted the "afterglow" of your proposal. Someone's head should roll, in my opinion, or at least be shipped off to work at a Zales Outlet.

I agree with the posters recommending Jonathan at GOG. Once upon a time, during my previous marriage, I worked with Jonathan when upgrading my ring. While I no longer have the ring (or that particular husband), I still remember the excellent customer service I received from everyone involved with my purchase. Jonathan was so much fun to speak with on the phone, and just a genuine class act. I highly recommend him for any future purchases.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Renee just got from a big trip, so I get that she didn't know. But the sales associate did, and could have X'd the topic. Did that happen NO. I blame the sales associate, she should have pulled the FB topic, she was there. Allison wasn't...

And how immature and unprofessional that was of WF to have such a topic on FB.... Doesn't the topic get OK'd by the higher ups?? If not you need to NOW...

YOU sell erings.. You know proposals will be forth coming. To put down the manner in which they happen??? :(sad

Explain why you thought this was a smart idea... :roll:

iugurl

Shiny_Rock
Wow. I am shocked. It does seem as though they did not care the post was up when PS was unaware, but now that PS'ers are upset - they care :nono: It makes me sad. I was interested in some of their jewelry for my upcoming anniversary, but now I don't know... The apology was a little too late, as one poster mentioned. Maybe if they offered a discount :naughty: to you :D

ETA: I still would be wary of them. But at least it would show that maybe they *gasp* care about customer satisfaction...

marls

Rough_Rock
Tim, first of all congratulations on your engagement and thank you for your service for our country.
I am also considering a purchase of a diamond engagement set. I am sorry to hear how callous WF was so I have crossed off WF as a potential company. There is NO excuse for what happened. It would be like a slap in the face and very poor taste for WF to even have such a topic in the first place. IMO, that "apology" was transparent and smelled of "corporate speak". I hope that whatever you want whether it be an apology, refund or concession, happens when you hear from the CEO. Consumer experience that exceeds expectations should be part of the mission statement of any company!

hoofbeats95

Brilliant_Rock
First, congrats on your engagement.

I'm so sorry for all the emotional stress caused on that day. Ya know, I saw that post briefly while at work that day, or maybe on my phone. I was in a hurry at the time and I thought "What? That's kind of an odd topic. . . " It just didn't make sense with everything I've seen posted on WF's FB previously. The two things I disagree with is your sales person posting on that thread and the thread not getting removed immediately. Those two things make absolutely no sense. I can say when I deal with a sales person as much as you have that I consider them a "friend" and would also feel betrayed.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sounds like BGD was very responsive to the OP, why are you worried about BGD Hoofbeats. The main issue seemed to be getting a last minute order placed in time for the Christmas rush, a problem you don't have, I don't think a company can be 100% all the time on everything. But if a mistake is made or something upsets the customer, it's how a company responds that I took toward. And it sounded like Lesley rocked... in the OP's own words.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results