shape
carat
color
clarity

Feedback on gemshoppe (Michael E) please?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

haagen_dazs

Brilliant_Rock
searching through the forums, i do not find many (few here and there) feedback / recommendation posts about gemshoppe michael E
anyone have anything to say?

why are his posts deleted?
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/michael_e.107719/

ETA is gemshoppe michael e the same Michael E on this forum?
haha if so, thats great that he contributes and posts
except why were his old posts deleted??

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Not sure about the thread you posted, about the previous posts being deleted. I hadn''t been here very long at the time so I''m no help with that! He posts here now, tho.

I can say tho, that in my spinel search, Michael E was one of the vendors I contacted and he was SO wonderful! His emails always had so much helpful info in them, and he really explained why he could or couldn''t do something, and gave me things to look for if I happened to find one that needed recutting. I ended up taking a chance and finding my spinel on my own, but Michael was nothing but helpful to me in my search! (As were ALL the vendors I contacted..which was a LOT!)

Are you looking at/for something in particular?

shimmer

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I''m pretty sure I bought a pink tourmaline from him, it''s gorgeous and arrived quickly to Canada. I''m very happy with my experience! Now I just have to set it...

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Can't help with the post issue except for speculation, but he's a fantastic gem cutter, very educated regarding the technical stuff that I can't even begin to understand, and a very friendly and professional person to work with. I bought a tourmaline from him.

I wonder if his posts may have referred to another forum and were deleted because of that? I think there's a rule here that says you can't discuss other forums. And Michael's online stones are listed on another forum's classified section...

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This was from a time way in the past. I''m so happy to see Michael posting these days. It''s great to have him back. I''ve recieved several stones from Michael and each one is lovely. I''ve never had to send one back. He is very professional and his customer service is wonderful but I''m sure that''s because he is such a nice man!

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
I''ve purchased several stones from Michael E and have been very happy with the stones and the customer service-highly recommend, only wish he posted more of his lovely inventory :)

PinkTower

Brilliant_Rock
There is another series of posts and multiple threads, from the last six months, which were very active about a beautiful colored stone. I noticed this week they have been deleted. I realized this when I wanted to ask that person a question about a stone of the same type that I have under consideration. Perhaps people request to be removed from PS, and they also request that all their postings be deleted.

Ali

Shiny_Rock
Threads/topics are removed for various reasons, however, discussions about removals should not be discussed on the forum for any reason.

Policy #7 states:

Moderator Action:
  1. Use the button for any questions related to thread/post removal, policies clarification, etc.
  2. Please do not post assumptions about moderator actions, this creates confusion, use "Report Post" button so that the moderator may clarify it appropriately. We are more than happy to do so.
  3. Some actions are subject to judgment calls for the integrity of the forum and should be respected as that.
  4. Out of respect for members/moderators and to avoid confusion any public discussions of moderator actions or policies will be removed.
  5. We reserve the rights to change policies at any time, therefore, please do not discuss policies publicly as they may change.

Please make sure you follow the forum policies when using the forums. The link to forum policies can always be found at the bottom of every forum page. http://www.pricescope.com/idealbb/faq.asp?mode=policy

RockHugger

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I have used gemshoppe on MANY of my stones. They always come back real, and exactly as pictured. No photoshopping. Very happy with them!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I too have purchased from Michael E. He is such a nice guy to deal with. Very honest and he has a no questions asked return policy. I bought a lovely "peridot" colored green tourmaline from him that he cut. It is one of my favorite gemstones that I have yet to set....
3.gif

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yup, he''s a great guy to do business with and a fantastic source of information on these boards!!

I bought a sapphire from him that I wear everyday
9.gif

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would highly recommend working with Michael, I had him cut a fabulous Color change spinel princess cut that I had put in Sally''s Lotus setting. He is a super great guy to work with, and knows his stuff.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I bought something from Michael E about 3 years ago. He was GREAT to work with!

y2kitty

Brilliant_Rock
Bought an opal from his a few weeks ago. Was exactly as described and arrived quickly with instructions for the setter. Positive experience.

haagen_dazs

Brilliant_Rock
thank you all for giving him such great feedback
that is great to know since i don''t see his website listed as much.

i had a great conversation with him on ring designs this past weekend.
he is very friendly and very knowledgeable. i learnt quite a bit from him.

i think he plans to revamp his website so that''s something nice to look forward to
36.gif
36.gif

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Michael is great, he made a ring for me and he has cut several sapphires for me, all with great results.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Are you working with him to make the mens ring you were talking about? Can''t wait to see what you''re working on!

haagen_dazs

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/25/2009 7:43:16 AM
Author: autumngems
Michael is great, he made a ring for me and he has cut several sapphires for me, all with great results.
did he cut australian sapphires for you?
do you have any photos to show?

haagen_dazs

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/25/2009 10:29:38 AM
Author: MakingTheGrade
Are you working with him to make the mens ring you were talking about? Can''t wait to see what you''re working on!
no
we were just chatting on designs
he was sharing with me what kind of inventory he could source for.

i have to propose first then start looking at my stuff
25.gif
25.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results