shape
carat
color
clarity

Feedback on diamonds...please

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

hailey1963

Rough_Rock
I''m just starting the research phase of my diamond search. Can I get some advice regarding the following diamonds from James Allen. I''m looking at this company because I am in the vicinity and would like to be able to "see" the diamond...I don''t mind paying extra for the sales tax. This is just a preliminary phase for me. Any feedback on the company would be great too!!

#1 http://www.jamesallen.com/diamond.asp?cid=53&item=315331

#2 http://www.jamesallen.com/diamond.asp?cid=53&item=513511

Also, I know many of the diamonds listed on the PS database are virtual. Has anyone purchased a "virtual" stone and what is the overall consensus regarding these diamonds? Are the PS online vendors fairly helpful in weeding out stones that are not up to par or recommending stones that do look good and taking a look at them for you? I''m aware there are costs to the consumer to bring stones in to look at by the vendor.

Thank for any and all the help!

hailey1963

Rough_Rock
Just bumping myself so someone will reply....
emsmile.gif

Slykat12

Shiny_Rock
Wow, both those stones look lovely to me.
With regard to the vender JA is cool. I only read good things about them.

There is nothing wrong with a "virtual" stone. But you do want a vender who can call it in and check it out for you. Hopefully one that will weed out the dogs and be honest with you. Yes, you have to pay for this service but I guess it is better than having them mail you a stone site unseen by them.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm sure they're both beautiful. The numbers are little more "ideal" on the first linked stone, but the second stone is probably really pretty as well. The 2nd stone has a larger table. Some people don't like that, but I don't have issues with larger table stones. My own diamond has a larger table and it's really a stunning stone.

You should ask JA to call them in if they don't have them in-house and ask them to offer you their expert opinion side by side.

And welcome to PS
35.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/13/2006 3:59:22 PM
Author: Rod
I''m sure they''re both beautiful. The numbers are little more ''ideal'' on the first linked stone, but the second stone is probably really pretty as well. The 2nd stone has a larger table. Some people don''t like that, but I don''t have issues with larger table stones. My own diamond has a larger table and it''s really a stunning stone.

You should ask JA to call them in if they don''t have them in-house and ask them to offer you their expert opinion side by side.

And welcome to PS
35.gif
Ditto. Good luck. My stone has a larger table too and it''s beautiful.
2.gif

hailey1963

Rough_Rock
Thank you to those who replied. This is a much friendlier response than I got at another diamond website. I am an educated woman academically, just looking for more advice when it comes to "rocks".
emembarrassed.gif

kaleigh - your ring is beeoootiful from what I can see of your avatar. Is it a Tiffany? It looks like my mom''s Tiffany ring. (Also...as a newbie here, can someone tell me how I respond to an individual post?).

Thank you.

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
I, too, like number one. It looks like a lovely stone. I would not throw away #2 if somebody wanted to give it to me either.
2.gif
#1 is my preference of the two. Welcome, and I hope that we can help you.

BTW, Kaleigh''s ring is a Tiffany. Good call.

shay

Houseparty

Rough_Rock
Clear vote for #1, the AGS.

I just bought a diamond. Shopped online and LA Jewelry District. Bought online.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results