shape
carat
color
clarity

Favorite Photos DH Took

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

portia

Brilliant_Rock
Nebe''s thread on cameras inspired me to post some of my favorite photos DH took over the past few years. I think he has an great eye and I think if he spent more time practicing he could be *really* good. These were taken using a Nikon D80 and either an 18-200mm or 90mm macro lens. Resizing photos to under 100k always gives me fits, but I think I fixed them all. Unfortunately, it takes away from some of the detail, but you get picture.
2.gif

cominginforalanding.jpg

portia

Brilliant_Rock
We were waiting for some food at a local neighborhood bar and hubby snapped this picture of the backlit bar.

TwistedSpokeLiquor.jpg

portia

Brilliant_Rock
Some flowers in my mom''s garden.

Lazy-eyed-susan-patch.jpg

portia

Brilliant_Rock
Ooops, resizing and dropping the quality level was not good to the last photo. It actually looks like it''s photoshopped, but it isn''t.

Downtown Chicago after a storm from a park in our neighborhood...

Erie-Park-after-storm.jpg

portia

Brilliant_Rock
Dragonfly...

dragonfly_sm.jpg

portia

Brilliant_Rock
Wait, there''s more...
2.gif

This photo was taken several years ago in Telluride, CO on the 4th of July. It was a year when they had a drought and the fire threat was extremely high so no fireworks were planned. That evening a huge storm rolled in and this incredible rainbow stretched across the valley. That was our fireworks that year. It was so beautiful.

Telluride.jpg

portia

Brilliant_Rock
Ok, only two more... I promise!
1.gif

Moon shot using Sigma 50-500mm lens at 500mm.

moon004.jpg

portia

Brilliant_Rock
Last one...

Chicago skyline shot from DH''s old condo roof deck.

Night-D70-008.jpg

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Another Illini here (University and Chicagoan) and I LOVE these photos! You''re right, Portia, your hubby does have a great eye. I would encourage him to snap away!

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Tell him to quit his day job...or at least shoot us more...kay?

DKS

portia

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks SDL, Haven and DKS! I''m reading your comments to him and he has a big smile on his face!
9.gif

I started organizing our photos when I was looking for some family photos and realized that the directory names had NOTHING to do with the photos in them! LOL! So I started organizing and put the ones I posted here in a favorites folder. I''m still working on the organizing (we must have a thousand photos) so maybe I''ll find more to post. OMG, I found a directory named ''New Chairs'' (for our dining room) and it contained only pictures of our cats!
23.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Boy oh Boy, does he take GREAT pictures or what??? Those are beautiful. LOVE the Dragonfly!!!!!

Linda

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/15/2007 11:08:25 PM
Author: Haven
Another Illini here (University and Chicagoan) and I LOVE these photos! You're right, Portia, your hubby does have a great eye. I would encourage him to snap away!
Illini as in "the fighting"??? UIUC? That's my hometown!

labbielove

Brilliant_Rock
Portia,
those are amazing!
I am so excited to see these because I just gave hubby a NikonD80 with an 18-200 lens for a wedding gift (with a little help choosing from a photog friend of ours)
He is just learning all the functions so really just uses auto settings and even so the photos we''ve gotten so far are incredible-
can''t wait to see more

oshinbreez

Brilliant_Rock
Great pictures. Thanks for sharing.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh my gosh, he really IS good!!

The first one is my favorite. Just perfect!

But they are all great.
36.gif

Erin

Ideal_Rock
He has a great eye for lighting!!!
emphoto.gif
36.gif

His compositions are really good, too!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Grea pics Portia! I especially love to see Chicago photos--even though I live here (and really very close to you based on the pic taken from the park--we should meet at that Caribou some day for a quick cup of joe!) it''s always refreshing to see the city from someone else''s eyes.

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/16/2007 1:26:31 AM
Author: door knob solitaire
Don''t sit on your cats.

DKS

Heee!!! Just caught that!
9.gif

Wow, they are all great photos, but I love the detail you can see in the dragonfly''s wings! THanks for posting!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, those are amazing! Thank you for sharing; those pics make me want to go to Chicago.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
He sure does have a great eye, these pics are gorgeous!! Thanks for sharing them with us portia!!!

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous! That moon shot... wow!

portia

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks everyone for the great comments! We''re both working from home today so as soon as he gets off his conf. call I''m going to show him all your comments. Hopefully he''ll get inspired to take some more city shots.

portia

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/16/2007 1:26:31 AM
Author: door knob solitaire
Don''t sit on your cats.

DKS
LOL!! Hmmm... maybe my husband is trying to tell me something?
23.gif
No cat sitting!

portia

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/16/2007 10:25:44 AM
Author: Dee*Jay
Grea pics Portia! I especially love to see Chicago photos--even though I live here (and really very close to you based on the pic taken from the park--we should meet at that Caribou some day for a quick cup of joe!) it''s always refreshing to see the city from someone else''s eyes.
Thanks DeeJay! I love the one of the park. Sometimes we see the news reporters filming there for the evening news because it makes such a beautiful backdrop. If I find any more city shots I''ll be sure to post them. And anytime you want to meet for coffee just let me know.... but only if you promise to wear that *fabulous* ring of yours!
30.gif
3.gif

portia

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/16/2007 7:37:36 AM
Author: labbielove
Portia,
those are amazing!
I am so excited to see these because I just gave hubby a NikonD80 with an 18-200 lens for a wedding gift (with a little help choosing from a photog friend of ours)
He is just learning all the functions so really just uses auto settings and even so the photos we''ve gotten so far are incredible-
can''t wait to see more
Thanks Labbielove! Wow.. that''s a really nice wedding gift! Your hubby is going to love that camera, especially with that lens.

lili

Ideal_Rock
Wow Portia, those photos are amazing. Looks so professional.

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
He is great at it.Maybe he ought to do it more often..I especially like the moon pic.., but they are all great.You did a good job also..

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very cool photos!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results