shape
carat
color
clarity

Favorite Etsy Artisan?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lovebaubles

Rough_Rock
Trade
So, Etsy has become really popular these days, and I have found quite a few unusual pieces on there.

Who are some of your favorite artisans on Etsy?

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sally from Hearts of Water!

Of all my jewelery pieces, my favorite ones are from her :)

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/7/2010 12:57:22 PM
Author: MakingTheGrade

Absolutely 100% ditto from me.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
This is tough. If pressed to a wall, I'd say Julia Kay Taylor. But Sally is really close behind, and so is Kyle Anne metals.

jewelz617

Brilliant_Rock
Sally from Hearts of Water and her beautiful lotus rings and Laurie Sarah who is very lovely and gracious to work with.

Lovebaubles

Rough_Rock
Trade
Yes, I saw the lotus rings, very pretty. I especially like the Moonstone in 18k.

Burberrygirl

Brilliant_Rock
Julia Kay Taylor! I''ve never worked with Sally but I do look at her Etsy store often and she has some beautiful designs.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''ve never worked with any Etsy vendors but when I''m ready, Sally will be my first choice based on the designs I''ve seen her make.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Patrick Irla.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sally for me-I adore my new ring!

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
Sally and Julia, definitely. I go to Sally for intricate, delicate and poetic designs, to Julia for one of a kind crazy artistic genius designs or sleek and classic.

Oh, I wanted to add that both are the greatest people!

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
Sally-I am dying for a pair of her mistral earrings!!!!
11.gif

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
None yet, I'm still drooling over things. But planning on buying soon.

Does anyone have Kyle Anne's birch setting? I was thinking of pairing a Birch setting (distressed band) with the Bubbles rings from Pandora.

Too much going on with that stack?

Edited for spelling
20.gif

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
SH, my blue tourmaline from Michael E is set in a birch setting. For some reason my computer isn''t letting me copy the picture into this thread, but it''s the first one on this page. If you scroll a few more posts down, you can see that I wear it with a few plain bands and a twisted rope band. I''m not sure what the Pandora bubble ring looks like, but I certainly don''t think the birch texture looks too busy against my other rings. It''s actually quite subtle.

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
Julia Kay Taylor is my favorite! I love her designs, she''s in the US, and she''s one of the sweetest ladies! All around perfect package in my opinion.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/10/2010 1:17:59 PM
Author: jstarfireb
SH, my blue tourmaline from Michael E is set in a birch setting. For some reason my computer isn't letting me copy the picture into this thread, but it's the first one on this page. If you scroll a few more posts down, you can see that I wear it with a few plain bands and a twisted rope band. I'm not sure what the Pandora bubble ring looks like, but I certainly don't think the birch texture looks too busy against my other rings. It's actually quite subtle.
Oh thanks for the link!! I didn't realize how subtle it would be. Almost changed to the facet texture. Hmmm.

Do you prefer kyle anne or sally of heart of water? Or are they just different?
4.gif

ETA: I just LOVE all the green stones in that thread. Great Dematoid, has me second guessing Peridot!

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
Pal at Pmgart made a ring for me and the quality is top notch.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/10/2010 2:55:55 PM
Author: Stone Hunter
Date: 2/10/2010 1:17:59 PM

Author: jstarfireb

SH, my blue tourmaline from Michael E is set in a birch setting. For some reason my computer isn't letting me copy the picture into this thread, but it's the first one on this page. If you scroll a few more posts down, you can see that I wear it with a few plain bands and a twisted rope band. I'm not sure what the Pandora bubble ring looks like, but I certainly don't think the birch texture looks too busy against my other rings. It's actually quite subtle.

Oh thanks for the link!! I didn't realize how subtle it would be. Almost changed to the facet texture. Hmmm.

Do you prefer kyle anne or sally of heart of water? Or are they just different?
4.gif

ETA: I just LOVE all the green stones in that thread. Great Dematoid, has me second guessing Peridot!

Thanks! You're right, Sally's and Kyle's designs are completely different...Sally's are delicate and intricate, while Kyle's are simple and clean. I guess if you really pushed me to choose, I'd say I prefer Sally's, but I work with Kyle a lot more because (1) she's in the US, (2) she's unbelievably inexpensive, and (3) she's fast.

Zzz

Rough_Rock
Trade
pmgart @ etsy made a ''cage'' for my chalcedony ball and earrings (earwires) for me.
very happy with them
1.gif
1.gif

For the earwires, he made them with textured gold blobs that had a sparkly stone set in the middle - it''s really pretty! The pictures aren''t very good, they look much better irl.
(the dangly charms are mine)

catseye earring.JPG

Zzz

Rough_Rock
Trade

chalcedony1.JPG

Zzz

Rough_Rock
Trade

chalcedony2.JPG

orbaya

Brilliant_Rock

I tried to find her store, but couldn''t. Can you give a link? Thanks!

karpouzi

Shiny_Rock
Zzz, those pieces are beautiful!

For anyone who has worked with Kyle Anne, I notice her shop doesn''t have any earrings at all--do you happen to know if she will make earrings (studs)?

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/22/2010 12:13:24 PM
Author: orbaya

I tried to find her store, but couldn''t. Can you give a link? Thanks!
Link to Heart of Water

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/22/2010 12:17:32 PM
Author: karpouzi
Zzz, those pieces are beautiful!

For anyone who has worked with Kyle Anne, I notice her shop doesn''t have any earrings at all--do you happen to know if she will make earrings (studs)?

Yes, she made simple tube bezel studs for me for my 4mm faceted rainbow moonstones (but mentioned she had never made earrings before):

Resize%20of%20moonstone-earrings.jpg

karpouzi

Shiny_Rock
Thank you jstarfireb! Those are really beautiful. I''m going to ask her if she''s interested in my earring project!

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
another vote for Sally

anne_h

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
onegarnetgirl has always been great to work with...

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/7/2010 5:15:09 PM
Author: FrekeChild
Patrick Irla.

He makes beautiful stuff!

ilovegemstones

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sally Sally Sally! I love my rings more every day!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results