shape
carat
color
clarity

Favorite Christmas movies

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving yesterday! Christmas movies are bound to be found on TV somewhere now. What are your favorites?

I love Christmas in Connecticut, which is an older movie, probably considered a classic. I also love A Christmas Story. TBS has a marathon of the movie every year, and I always check it out a few times.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s A Wonderful Life

A Christmas Story

National Lampoon''s Christmas Vacation
9.gif

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love:

It''s A Wonderful Life
Scrooge (with Albert Finney)
A Christmas Carol (the original one starring Alastair Sim)
and, of course, The Grinch.

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
The Bishop's Wife

White Christmas

Holiday Inn

It's a Wonderful Life

(the original) Miracle on 34th Street

And, it is not a movie, but I have it on DVD . . . A Charlie Brown Christmas. My hands down favorite. It isn't Christmas 'til I watch it. Of course, I have the music; you didn't even have to ask, did you?

I miss ALL the variety Christmas specials that were on when I grew up: Bing Crosby, Bob Hope, Perry Como, Andy Williams. *Sigh* You kids out there never got to enjoy the good stuff.

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
I''m a "Little House on the Prairie" junkie and I just LOVE "Christmas at Plum Creek." I don''t guess that is technicallly a "move" though. It''s still my favorite.

A Christmas Story is good, too.

It''s a Wonderful Life ROCKS and really makes me think, every single year!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love Home Alone. When I was a freshman in HS I remember that movie coming out. Ugh!!!!! heheee I also love Home Alone 2.

A Christmas Carol. When I was a young I remember being moved by this movie and the outcome.

I loved loved loved as a child the tv classic Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, A Year W/out Santa Clause and the others they played on CBS year after year.

Miracle on 24th Street, White Christmas w/ Bing Crosby, A Christmas Story, Elf

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/23/2007 9:57:28 AM
Author: Ellen

National Lampoon''s Christmas Vacation
9.gif

I love this movie! It never gets old.
21.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Scrooge (with Allister Sims).
Polar Express.
Elf.
Charlie Brown Christmas (TV). Honestly, I would be devistated if I missed seeing it once again.....

cheers--Sharon

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/23/2007 12:14:58 PM
Author: canuk-gal
HI:

Scrooge (with Allister Sims).
Polar Express.
Elf.
Charlie Brown Christmas (TV). Honestly, I would be devistated if I missed seeing it once again.....

cheers--Sharon

Saw Polar Express for the first time last Christmas. It was very cool.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
A Christmas Story is my favorite, hands down. My sister and I spend every Christmas at our parents'' house parked in front of the TV watching the A Christmas Story marathon on TBS in our pajamas, eating Chinese food, making friendship bracelets or whatever other crafty project is around.

"Fra-hee-lay"--it must be Italian."

We''ve been doing it since childhood--what else are a couple of Jewish girls to do on Christmas?

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love The Santa Clause with Tim Allen.

Here in the UK they always show The Sound Of Music, it wouldn''t be christmas without it! I love Mary Poppins too... maybe Julie Andrews is our favourite Christmas lady!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Santa and the Three Bears
A Christmas Story

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Superman (all of ''em! Especially where superman goes baaad)
Little Women

And any love story.

Sorry my list isn''t very witty
7.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Its A Wonderful Life, have to watch it every year. DH always says "Oh not not again" ha ha ha.

National Lampoons Christmas Vacation. Hey Ellen, we think alike
9.gif

Linda

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
P.S. Good Thread Zoe!!
36.gif

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
I LOVE
emlove.gif
the claymation Rudolf the Red Nosed Reindeer!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/23/2007 3:51:25 PM
Author: Linda W
Its A Wonderful Life, have to watch it every year. DH always says ''Oh not not again'' ha ha ha.

National Lampoons Christmas Vacation. Hey Ellen, we think alike
9.gif

Linda
Great minds yanno.
9.gif
2.gif

Luckystar, you''re right!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/23/2007 4:15:24 PM
Author: Sabine
I LOVE
emlove.gif
the claymation Rudolf the Red Nosed Reindeer!
Me too! I finally bought the box set because I love it!!!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/23/2007 2:43:19 PM
Author: Maisie
Here in the UK they always show The Sound Of Music, it wouldn't be christmas without it! I love Mary Poppins too... maybe Julie Andrews is our favourite Christmas lady!
HI:

I bought the anniversary edition a few years ago, and always watch SoM with my MOm! Perfect way to spend a quiet evening after Christmas Day having eaten yummy leftovers and with a glass or two of wine....

cheers--Sharon

glamourgirl

Rough_Rock
I love National Lampoon''s Christmas Vacation as well...especially the part when Clark''s fussing with the lights on the roof...too funny. I also like Ebbie starring Susan Lucci as the female Scrooge. You can catch the Lifetime channel playing it.

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Whoa, I just skimmed....but has no one said LOVE ACTUALLY?!?!?!

DH and I are thinking that this year, every Sunday evening,, we''re going to curl up and watch an Xmas movie together - starting a new holiday tradition. Love this thread for all the good ideas!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/23/2007 2:17:51 PM
Author: Haven
A Christmas Story is my favorite, hands down. My sister and I spend every Christmas at our parents' house parked in front of the TV watching the A Christmas Story marathon on TBS in our pajamas, eating Chinese food, making friendship bracelets or whatever other crafty project is around.

'Fra-hee-lay'--it must be Italian.'

We've been doing it since childhood--what else are a couple of Jewish girls to do on Christmas?
That's my favorite line ever! My dad, my sister, and I say it all the time around the holidays. We get a lot of strange looks but we crack up every time. I also love, "mommy's little piggy...*snort, snort*!"

That part of the movie apparently made such an impression with my dad (who's watched it with me countless times), that last year, he bought me a leg lamp night light. It's actually plugged in right now! If you go to this site, you'll see the wide variety of leg lamps that you, too, can own. Hilarious!
9.gif

http://www.redriderleglamps.com/?gclid=CKKn5Kis9I8CFQEcHgodiE_vFg

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I also like The Bells of St. Mary''s, which is another oldie but goodie.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Hands down favorite: White Christmas

Elf
National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation
Scrooged
How the Grinch Stole Christmas (animated and Jim Carrey version)
A Christmas Story
The Polar Express

And, of course, I also have all those old made for TV Christmas movies.

ETA- I also love Miracle on 34th Street (black and white)

And I HATE It's a Wonderful Life. It's my BFFs favorite movie and I absolutely cannot stand it! Whine, whine, whine.

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
My all-time favorite- Miracle on 34th Street (loved it more after living in NYC for a year)(and yes, both versions)...

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Its a Wonderful Life is my...script for life!! Yes I am a sap. And a nut. I LIVE THIS MOVIE. (don''t keep house as well as Mary...) Gowers story tops with me! And Martinis! It really is true how your life can touch so many others! Capra was brilliant...speaking of which...
Meet John Doe!!!!
Christmas in Connecticut
Bishops Wife
Lapoons....the sewage discharge is so perfect...dog food purchase cracks me up
Christmas Story...hubby will mention a major award is eminent when he finishes...yard work, etc. The duck scene I adore.
Miracle...you believe don''t you?
Home alone (me too Skippy!!) I used to sing in front of the mirror too...(shhh, still do!)
All that Heaven Allows!!!!
Beyond Christmas!!!!
Rudolph...his love for Clarisse is classic.
Grinch...Cindy Lou Who what a sweetie

Did any one see the Christmas Shoe movie? Is it worth a watch?
Oh this isn''t Christmas...and it isn''t a movie...but Mad about You Thanksgiving episode is utterly fabulous. Murray eats the bird. Yes you do...Yes you do...Yes you do...crack me up!

Popcorn balls, cider, cocoa and fluffy house shoes await you at my door...come on over!! You better love J J Jimmy Stewart!! Lets get this movie started!! Zoe you can have the best seat in the house...for starting this thread!
§

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks DKS! We can watch the movie(s) and then look for your door knob.
4.gif

Amandine

Brilliant_Rock
White Christmas. My sister and I had a tradition of watching it every year together, and now that she has been gone three years, I carry on in her memory. Especially the "Sisters" song.

BigDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
A Christmas Story hand''s down.

"You''ll poke your eye out!" It just applies to so many things...
2.gif

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Thanks DKS! We can watch the movie(s) and then look for your door knob

Zoe darling, you are so current and up on happenings...and you have me still chuckling as I type. Thanks...and yes...lets do, please.

§

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results