shape
carat
color
clarity

Favorite antique jewelry dealers in London

kdbug

Rough_Rock
Any great antique buying shops people have found in London? Particular dealers in grays market?

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like window shopping in Burlington Arcade for jewellery.

They used to have a lot more jewellery shops with gorgeous pre-owned pieces before Covid.

There is a big antique jewellery store nearby in Piccadilly, Bentley and Skinner, that loaned some of the jewellery as featured in Downton Abbey.

I also like to trawl Hatton Garden too.

Sorry, however, I do not know Grays Market that you mentioned.

DK :))

lala646

Brilliant_Rock
Any great antique buying shops people have found in London? Particular dealers in grays market?

I visited Grays this summer, and had a wonderful time!! I bought pieces from two vendors: Deco and Vintage, and Miwa. D&V was on the main level, Miwa was on the lower level.

I also really enjoyed Charlotte Sayers and DBGEMS Daryl Gigg, who were both on the main level. There were a few stalls where I had wonderful chats with the vendors, but forgot to get cards. I spent a few hours there, and loved every minute.

Mrsz1ppy

Brilliant_Rock
Christies is having a jewelry jaunt in London this April for a week that I would love to attend, The one in NYC was fabulous. You would meet a lot of good sources.

summerxdream

Rough_Rock
Christies is having a jewelry jaunt in London this April for a week that I would love to attend, The one in NYC was fabulous. You would meet a lot of good sources.

I couldn’t find the link for this, any chance you could share it?? Thank you :)

Mrsz1ppy

Brilliant_Rock
I couldn’t find the link for this, any chance you could share it?? Thank you :)

I can’t either! Here is a copy of the email from Bella, who is leading the course. She can get you the flyer.

On Jan 19, 2024, at 1:12 PM, Bella Neyman <[email protected]> wrote:
Hello & Happy New Year.

I hope this email finds you well and starting off the year in good health and good spirits.

I am thrilled to announce that from April 15-19th I will be leading a jewelry course in London as part of Christie's Education.

The itinerary is currently being developed but I have outlined for you some things in the attached flyer. On a personal note, this is a dream trip for me too. I think that London is one of the world's top jewelry capitals. To be able to spend a week visiting leading jewelry galleries, designers' studios and ateliers, historic sites and museums without interruption and with ample time to soak it all in is super inspiring to me. I hope that you will join me on this journey. Availability is very limited. We only have a few spots left and are trying to keep the group small and our visits intimate per the request of our hosts.

I promise that this will be a trip you won't forget anytime soon and, please, bring comfortable walking shoes!

If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to me. And if you have designers who you'd like to visit, drop me a note, maybe it's not too late to add them to our itinerary.

Link to register is on the flyer as well.

Hope to see you in April,
Bella

--
Bella Neyman
Writer & Curator, Contemporary Jewelry
@bellaneyman

NYCJW, co-founder
November 18-24, 2024
www.nycjewelryweek.com
@nycjewelryweek

<London Jewels Flyer.pdf>

--
Bella Neyman
@bellaneyman

NYCJW, co-founder
November 18-24, 2024
www.nycjewelryweek.com
@nycjewelryweek

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Have always wanted to go to Berganza. Almost all antique or vintage. All corundum is untreated and with a report (although most are a UK lab). Their photos seem pretty conservative online so would love to compare some things side-by-side in person some day!

summerxdream

Rough_Rock
I can’t either! Here is a copy of the email from Bella, who is leading the course. She can get you the flyer.

--
Bella Neyman
@bellaneyman

NYCJW, co-founder
November 18-24, 2024
www.nycjewelryweek.com
@nycjewelryweek

Thank you!!

ExpatBride

Rough_Rock
I've bought many pieces from Mark and Liam at Farringdons in Hatton Garden.

oldcutclubmember

Brilliant_Rock
Tagging @RosieR as I believe she has had a lot of experience at grays market.

RosieR

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

--
Bella Neyman
@bellaneyman

NYCJW, co-founder
November 18-24, 2024
www.nycjewelryweek.com
@nycjewelryweek

Thanks I’ve sent her a instagram DM and an email. Hopefully I’ll get a ticket!

RosieR

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Tagging @RosieR as I believe she has had a lot of experience at grays market.

Hi yes!
I would say it all depends on what you’re looking for. I’d stay away from getting an engagement type ring or larger solitaire diamond piece of jewellery if you are expecting a GIA certified stone. Guy will have those at Hancocks jewellery in Burlington arcade as will Jessica McCormack at Carlos place - with the price to match!

Daryl at DGgems on the ground floor is good, but I’m yet to make a purchase with him. I’ve bought a pair of antique cluster studs of OEC’s from John Joseph, I think he has beautiful taste in jewellery. He has great historical knowledge, but little to no certification on larger stones.
Anthea Gesua on the lower level is great for vintage Hermes, Tiffany and co, kuchinsky, cartier, and van cleef amongst others (I think she’s even had a pair of JAR ear clips when I visited once!)

I know someone above mentioned Liam at Farringdon’s, but please proceed with caution! I originally bought a pair of antique cluster studs from him which he advertised at platinum ( I double checked with him as I have allergies) when my ears got infected I went to a pawn shop to get them tested. They were 9 carat white gold!!! It took months of angry emails and threats of legal action to get my money back.

diamond-heart

Rough_Rock

Hi there,

I really like The Antique Jewellery Company:

I have ordered a couple items from them online.

I think they are on 49 Maddox St. It looks like it’s a 6 min. walk from Grays Antique Market.

My experience with them is always positive. They are professional and reliable. Their pieces are accurately represented; in my experience, what I see is exactly what I am going to receive.

Let me know what you think, if you visit.

Rare_Swan

Rough_Rock
Following as I am going in April. =)2

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results