shape
carat
color
clarity

Faux euro shank

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

teheteha

Rough_Rock

Hi everyone ... I''m new to posting on the forum but have a question about my engagement ring (just got it two weeks ago -- yay!). The original ring given to me by my fiance was a euro shank so when we took it back in to pick out a new band (we got platinum instead of white gold), I picked out a ring that was not a euro shank but we asked if they could make it one while resizing it. They said yes, we went back in a few days to get it ... and, well, it''s not exactly a euro shank. It''s just completely flat on the bottom. I''m attching a picture so you can see what I mean.

Has anyone ever seen this before? I''m trying to decide whether we should take it back and get it made round again. I''m also wondering if we take it back again if it will warp the ring too much. The flat part on the bottom already looks thinner than the rest of the ring but of course I don''t remember if it was originally that way or not. Please let me know what you think! Thank you!!

Engagement!_060_small.jpg

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
I have a euro-shank, and am a euro-shank lover...so, in the spirit of honesty, I''m going to tell you that the bottom of your ring looks more bent than anything. It could be just the lighting in the picture, but the bottom does not look like a true euro-shank whatsoever. That''s my observation from just that *one* picture, so if I were you, I would take a few more pictures in better lighting and from different angles so that we can truthfully see the shape...try standing the ring up...doing a close up shot....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results