shape
carat
color
clarity

Fathers Day is Sunday :-(

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/11/2007 10:47:10 AM
Author: AmandaPanda

Date: 6/11/2007 10:35:07 AM
Author: oshinbreez

Date: 6/10/2007 11:59:47 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring
So sorry for your loss. Maybe plant a tree or flowers (his favorite). I would get him a sympathy card for sure.

I hadn''t even thought about planting a tree or flowers. We have plenty of room. Do you really think I should get a sympathy card for Father''s day? Do they make them?
I know everyone deals with death differently, but I would be truly offended if someone gave me a sympathy card for my father for father''s day. Kind of like, so sorry your dad''s dead when we''re supposed to be celebrating him.

Talk to your husband. Find out if he wants to do anything. During the days when I''m supposed to be sad about my parents I want to do anything but think abou them. A card or a tree planting would just depress me. I would rather go out to a great dinner, have a strong martini and toast to their lives then remember their deaths.
ditto - I try very hard NOT to think about my mom on her d-anni and a friend with good wishes called me once to give her condolences and I was like ugh, I hadn''t thought about her all day so far and now there''s a big old bullseye around it!! Not everyone deals with this the same.... some take great comfort in making a big deal out of it and others think it is at the very least disrespectful not to acknowledge the passing.... but I find it too painful to dwell on. There are many other days in the year tht float by with no particular fanfare that I allow myself to feel as much pain asn I can handle. Thankfully I am a mother so mother''s day is about my children and I and I might say a "thanks mom" but that''s about it.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/11/2007 6:31:06 PM
Author: oshinbreez
Thanks again for all the ideas and suggestions.

Amanda, if we celebrate Father''s Day, it would be with him as the father. I just don''t know if he''ll be up to it this year or not.

Kimberly, I will wait until he gets home before doing anything. In a way I think it might also be for me to plant something, but it is about HIS dad.

Starset, I''d have to find a pic of David with his dad. He has several of them framed. I wish I could find one of them fishing. Maybe I could call and see if his son has one.

Labbie, I''m sorry for your FI. Right now it''s hard for me to do anything because he''s not here. I don''t know if I should mention about Father''s Day coming up over the phone. He''s got family around and I''m sure they''re aware it''s coming up. It would be easier if he was here.

I still haven''t heard from him today. I know they have alot to do and I''m sure alot of visitors have dropped by. I can''t call him since the cell service up there is almost non existant. He said there is one certain spot where he can get a weak signal. I just hope that he''s not getting overwhelmed by everything. He thinks since he''s the big brother that he has to handle it all.
One more comment on the highlighted part...... father''s day isn''t just about his relationship with his father, but it is also about his relationship with his son. It would be a pity to ignore that fact out of grief for those lost and not spend time with the son who is grateful that *his* father is still alive.

oshinbreez

Brilliant_Rock
Sara,

Thanks for your sympathy.

I''m not going to plan anything for David. If he wants to do something, great. If not, that''s ok too. His son and FDIL might end up coming over and either we go out of the boat, or just out to eat. I''m not sure when they''ll be getting home (his son just flew up to Ohio today) and will be driving back with David. He doesn''t know if they''ll leave Friday or Saturday. It''s a 15 hr drive, so it will be late when he gets home. He may just be too worn out to do anything.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results