shape
carat
color
clarity

Farewell Diamond industry, Hello Insurance industry.

Vera W

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Howdy Pricescope Lovely Peeps.

I am here for a quick up date for you all. I am switching industries and now am a Senior Customer Care Agent with SelectQuote Insurance. When I was first laid off back at the end of January, one job I applied for was for insurance. I took the Texas State Licensing test and obtained my Life and Health General Lines License. I shadow trained with a company that only pays 100% commission. They had a great training program but overtime I found that it wasn't as lucrative as expected. I only trained there, never made any sales. This caused me to look at other Insurance companies. Also I reached out to a friend from Church and he recommended I apply with SelectQuote. He has been an Independent Agent for 35 years, and almost joined SQ during the Rona period. I applied back at the beginning of June and by the end of the month they made me an offer of employment. The only problem was that their mass training only would start 08/28. So I accepted the offer but decided to explore ALL of the Insurance companies. Also a few other jobs along the way if they peaked my interest. Unemployment continued since I had not worked as of yet. In all, I had job offers from ALL major insurance companies, they all happened around the first week of August. It was very exciting however none of the other offers would be what SelectQuote was offering. So I waited out the last weeks of down time until my training started last week. My Unemployment ran out the 2nd week of August but thankfully I had one more resource of funds to carry me through. God is SO GOOD.

I am so thoroughly impressed with SQ's training and the caliper of the people I am meeting. This is 100% remote, so meeting on Zoom it is. My class has 240 new hires. SQ is a very well developed company and the pay compensation is better than I envision. Just by getting my pre-hire paperwork to them in rapid time, I had already earned an incentive weeks before my training stopped. They also have great incentives during the training, with the potential of earning up to $1300.00. I am halfway there already in the first week.

Because we deal with Medicare, we will be working overtime starting Oct. 15 through Dec. 7th, which I am really excited about earning extra money to catch up some things from being unemployed. I have a base salary with uncapped potential of commission.

Never in my life did I imagine switching careers at the age of 57, but here I am crushing it. I am excited when getting up in the morning and giving it all I've got. As usual with hindsight, I see how this all fell together and could only have happened by God's grace.

My dating life is still the same, chatting with a few fellas, thankful I am at a low number of suitors, so I will not to be distracted during my training.

Thank you ALL once again for all of your encouragement and kindness. I definitely will miss the beautiful diamond industry and the eons of fabulous people that hold the beauty of shiny rocks close to their hearts and souls.

No worries, I will stop in every once in a while. Also if anyone is interested, I have my 0.68ct J SI ACA posted on DB and LT. Wink, wink.

Warmest regards,
Vera

PS, my desk and the latest picture from sister Diane and I seeing my brother in Christ, Mac Powell (Christian Artist whom I have stalked for 28 years), along with my favorite daughter in love, Chelsea.
I love that Mac and I are so tan.

372040149_10161407017881098_5895555501673644091_n.jpg Mac Powell 08-2023.jpg

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Vera, congratulations on your new job! I am excited for you and know the company will love your abilities and customer services skills. Your continued upbeat attitude is admirable and it has clearly carried you far. Just as you have found a new career path, a new special friend will happen when you least expect it. Meanwhile, you have a full life to keep you busy and I sincerely wish you all the best!!
Please check in with us when you can - we all love hearing from you. Take care Vera!

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Congrats!!!! I know you will rock it, because you rock!!!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on the career change and new job, Vera! Wishing you all the best in your new endeavor!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Huge congratulations @Vera W, so pleased you‘ve found a new career that you’re finding exciting.

MamaBear

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations!! Sounds like life is keeping your busy! Best of luck in your new career!

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations and best of luck in your new career!

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations, Vera! They are lucky to have you.

lala646

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations, Vera! It's a big accomplishment these days to find a job you enjoy doing, for a company that treats you with respect. Hopefully the position allows your skills to shine bright!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Look at you, flinging back all those curve balls with panache! I hope this new job will be a good one for you!

Wink

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I too add my best wishes and congratulations.

Wink

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You’re going to do GREAT! Wishing you all the best!

WhoaNelly

Shiny_Rock
Congrats Vera! I wish you all the very best as you embark on a new career! I’m sure you will do amazing

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results