shape
carat
color
clarity

Fantastic Appraiser - Patrick Davis (GemSecure)

Puppy4248

Shiny_Rock
Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to give a great review Patrick Davis (GemSecure) for the appraiser who looked at my stone both when it was loose and newly purchased, and after it was set. He is based in LA, but also receives packages from all over for his appraisals so location shouldn't limit you from using his wonderful services.

Patrick is very knowledgeable, professional, great with email and is all around just awesome to deal with. You just email him and he gives you a good number of avails he has to set an appointment. Even though I scheduled my first appointment with him for a bit further out, he was still on top of it, come day of. In that appointment, Patrick not only walked me through the appraisal process, but I got to see HOW he was arriving at his conclusions, such as why it was X color, and why it was X clarity, so forth. I learned a lot from that session, and it was nice to be included! I also learned that a couple of the inclusions listed on my cert were actually reflections of the other two listed... he's pretty clever to have noticed that, as the cert listed them as separate inclusions. On top of it all, he was SPOT ON with my stone certification, so he clearly knows what he's doing. The second time around, the stone was set in a ring and once again, he was spot on with everything we were told by our jeweler. I needed some handshots of my new ring, and he very kindly accomodated with a few more than I asked for.

And last but not least, Patrick is FAIR and honest. Someone called in about a ring they had found and wanted to know if it was actually a diamond - as Patrick is by appointment only and charges a small fee for every appointment (depending on what you need done), he recommended a jewelry shop closer to the caller's location who could probably help out for free with no appointment needed. I think Patrick's willingness to forgo a fee and offer a convenient solution for the caller is good evidence of his integrity.

Patrick is friendly, fast, informative and all around great. I will be taking any jewelry appraisals only to him from now on!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results