shape
carat
color
clarity

Fang-less in Oregon

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My poor Matata had to have one of his canines removed this morning. He is now a one-fanged cat
15.gif
Because he''s getting up in years, I worry like crazy when he has to go under anesthesia but the vet just called and he''s doing fine and I can bring him home in a few hours. He''s my baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaby.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m glad he''s okay! Do you have any pics of him? I''d love to see him!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Aww, poor baby - how old is he?

Chloe had one of her ''teefs'' pulled when she had her last cleaning. I was worried too about the anesthesia - and they make you do bloodwork if your cat is over 10 yo before they will put them under (she was 11 at the time (and still is)). She was alright in the end but I gained a few grey hairs!! Give him some extra squeezes tonight. And maybe a few soft treats.
12.gif

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
FG, Matata is 14 years old. He''s been home 2 hours and it''s hysterical to watch him try to locomote since he''s still under the influence of the anesthesia. He dragged himself on his belly down to the litter pan, fell face first in it and pooped outside the pan. He gets an A+ for effort
1.gif
; dragged himself over to where the food dish usually is and started this weird warbling sound because there wasn''t any food in sight. He hadn''t eaten since Monday evening and was starving. Matata never likes to miss a meal. So there he lay, hind legs splayed behind him, barely able to lift his head off the floor, warbling for food. I waited a half-hour and gave him a bit of softened food which he scarfed down in seconds and then he began warbling for more. Nothing, and I mean nothing, stops this cat from eating.

FEEEEEEEEEEEED MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Matata.jpg

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh WOW, what a beauty he is.

I can almost hear the warbling. LOL!!! He gets an A+++ for effort from me! And another A++++ for being such a character!!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Awww...bless his little heart. What a gorgeous boy. I am always a wreck when something goes wrong with my kitties - I think I might have a nervous breakdown when they get older and actually start needing things like anesthesia-requiring procedures
3.gif
That''s great he has such a healthy appetite though! I''ll keep my fingers crossed that he recovers quickly so he''s not having to drag himself around, poor thing
7.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Awww, what a love he is Matata!! Glad he''s going well!! I know how heart wrenching this is for you!! It''s never easy is it?? HUGS!!!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh, poor baby! Matata is one handsome guy! I''m happy to hear he''s home and doing well.

My little man, Sebastian, had to have ALL of his teeth removed when we took him in. We never learned his story, but he chose us one summer and just kept coming into our yard and crying into our windows. He was declawed (ALL FOUR PAWS!) so he must have belonged to somebody, but nobody responded to any of our Found! ads. Selfishly, though, I''m so grateful because he was the best little guy in the world.

Anyway, he STUNK! He had this odor that hung around him no matter what we did, and then the vet told us all of his teeth were rotten and they had to come out. I was a wreck, but he lived about eight years with no teeth at all, the precious guy.

I''m sure Matata will do just fine, and with a coat like that--who needs teeth? He can get by on looks alone!
21.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a beautiful kitty Matata is!!! Poor baby, I hope he''s all better very soon...no fun for kitties or their parents when they go through something like this. Positive thoughts coming your way!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I totally understand.

My Duncan had a cancer scare last year, ended up that he had a bad untreated infection that had eaten his bone in his jaw away and he had to have one of the fangs removed. He's doing just fine with it, doesn't even slow him down... or deform his jaw. He's my baby too. And God was it difficult. The antibiotic they gave him was this clear liquid that he hated so much John tasted it, said it was the WORST thing he'd ever tasted in his life, and we got changed. Just make sure they don't give Matata anything like that afterward.

((HUGS))

What a beauty he is. Duncan started eating right away too... great sign that his personalilty and appetite are unaffected.

rainbowtrout

Ideal_Rock
Awww. Glad he''s doing fine now!

Haven how old was Sebastian?? How terrible is that...ugh.

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
Ah, poor Matata! He''ll be fine though, once he''s all sobered up. My Max had a canine removed when he was about 9 and he looked a little funny when he yawned, but that was the only time I ever noticed anything different. He was also seriously into the food and he came right home from his dental and chowed down. He''ll definitely feel better without the bad tooth and you were a good Mama to help him out with it!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/7/2007 11:26:24 PM
Author: Haven
Oh, poor baby! Matata is one handsome guy! I''m happy to hear he''s home and doing well.

My little man, Sebastian, had to have ALL of his teeth removed when we took him in. We never learned his story, but he chose us one summer and just kept coming into our yard and crying into our windows. He was declawed (ALL FOUR PAWS!) so he must have belonged to somebody, but nobody responded to any of our Found! ads. Selfishly, though, I''m so grateful because he was the best little guy in the world.
I''m happy for you haven, that such a precious kitty soul came into your life...but if I ever found the *$(#* that dumped a declawed cat out that can''t defend itself (assuming he was dumped and didn''t run away)....let''s just say they''d come out of the scuffle declawed themselves.
29.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results