shape
carat
color
clarity

Fancy Gurus Please!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/15/2006 5:58:30 PM
Author: widget
Diagem....

You''re a cutter, aren''t you?

Did you cut that incredible OMC?

widget
::razz:ERK::

widget

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/15/2006 7:50:39 PM
Author: Cehrabehra

Diagem....

widget
heh heh heh
31.gif

Cehra: I''ve been googling Diagem like crazy, but no luck...

Diagem: can you tell me more about yourself?
1.gif

widget

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/15/2006 8:31:59 PM

Diagem....

widget
heh heh heh
31.gif

1.gif

widget
::sigh:: my guess is if this person wanted to be found, he/she would be. I do want a stone like that though, so at least I have it narrowed down... unless I give up and get something else lol

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Diagem....

widget
heh heh heh
31.gif

1.gif

widget
yes Widget, I am the cutter of this OMC, i cut/design various fancy-shaped diamonds, mostly out-of-the ordinary type diamonds.
There is not much more i am allowed to say on this forum..., since i am trying to share my experiences and give (non-promotional) advice to whom-ever i can help.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/16/2006 1:18:07 AM
Author: DiaGem

Diagem....

widget
heh heh heh
31.gif

1.gif

widget
yes Widget, I am the cutter of this OMC, i cut/design various fancy-shaped diamonds, mostly out-of-the ordinary type diamonds.
There is not much more i am allowed to say on this forum..., since i am trying to share my experiences and give (non-promotional) advice to whom-ever i can help.
man oh man oh man oh man oh man.... what''s a girl to do?

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/16/2006 1:18:07 AM
Non promotional, huh? I''m afraid your work speaks for itself
2.gif

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Comment on photography...

I find these sorts of photos very helpful when looking at OMC. Being able to see the true facet pattern is really amazing. I love the cross... I love that the cuts are not on the line (12/3/6/9), but the facets are on the line :) Anyway, being able to see that and how the stone reflects itself in its own House of Mirrors. You just know that's going to do some fancy eye work.

DiaGemOMC2.jpg

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
You can see great light return patterns in this photo of The Regent (not to be confused with the regent CUT). Someone standing in front of that diamond was wearing blue and tan. Imagine holding that in front of a red and blue shirt - up close. I love the story behind this diamond btw - what a true classic piece of international history.

regent100.jpg

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 7/16/2006 6:30:43 AM
You can see great light return patterns in this photo of The Regent (not to be confused with the regent CUT). Someone standing in front of that diamond was wearing blue and tan. Imagine holding that in front of a red and blue shirt - up close. I love the story behind this diamond btw - what a true classic piece of international history.
The Regent is considered by historians to be one of the most beautiful speciments out there...
especially due to the fact that it was cut and polished over 300 years ago...

gemologist that saw the Regent added that it would probably get an Excelent symmetry grade even these day''s... a rare thing...

But due to the Regents huge size..., there were 16 additional facets added to the culet area that connect to the Regents lower girdle breaks...

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
In these two pictures, the second stone speaks to me. I don''t like the oval culet... I definitely would prefer a rounder culet even if the stone were longer. It''s my homage to the round shape I guess LOL But see how that culet is reflected over and again? See those splashes of light? That is so pretty, and from this angle, even wild. That first stone is very beautiful in its own way... it looks like a friendly alien eye that''s about to blink at me. I''m just not sure I''d want to stare into that eye for the rest of my life. There''s something very expected yet random about the stone on the right. It isn''t what I would perfectly want, but I can tell it is a cut that I''m attracted to. I would love to have a stone like that other one in an EW design so that it just sat there on my finger the way it looks in that picture LOL As for this stone, I''d rather see more symmetry in the center at the culet. Equidistant facets from a round culet on a longer stone? Be fantastic to look at. I imagine that keeping the longer, more oval culet would keep the angles more consistent from shorter sides to longer sides. Hmmm.... I''m going to have to find out more about this cut... I hope someone answers my other thread, I know I''ve asked a million questions, but I''ve done searches on these cuts and read what I could find, but I feel like I went from loving one unpopular stone to an even worse one! I''m so frustrated that we expect ideals from our rounds, but these cuts are just forgotten. You can''t tell me that there can be no formula - it''s all physics! Problem is, no one is scratching their brain over that which isn''t profitable. These cuts will never perform in the invironment that is designed more and more for an RB. But that doesn''t mean you can''t captivate those facet patterns with some regularity should you choose to follow certain parameters that are just basic physics. Like my new sigline?

2cs2.jpg

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/16/2006 6:41:02 AM

Date: 7/16/2006 6:30:43 AM
The Regent is considered by historians to be one of the most beautiful speciments out there...
especially due to the fact that it was cut and polished over 300 years ago...

gemologist that saw the Regent added that it would probably get an Excelent symmetry grade even these day''s... a rare thing...

But due to the Regents huge size..., there were 16 additional facets added to the culet area that connect to the Regents lower girdle breaks...
I had read this article http://famousdiamonds.tripod.com/regentdiamond.html and I wonder why this cut isn''t reproduced (w/o the 16 extra facets). The story behind it is simply amazing... the history is outstanding from the moment it was born to the present.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock

Diagem....

widget
heh heh heh
31.gif

1.gif

widget
I just wanted to say widget, thanks for deducing this one ;-)

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/15/2006 3:35:23 PM

Date: 7/15/2006 3:24:28 PM

I want a cut like this in EVERY way:
So... what do I ask for? What cut IS this anyway? Looks like an old mine with more symmetrical proportions to me.
Yes, it is an OMC that is more symmetrical, its a 2.03 F-VS1 which is on one happy finger today.
Its one of my pictures, but thanx for the complement...
DiaGem - do you have any other pictures of this OMC or cuts like this one? What are the dimensions on this stone?

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 7/17/2006 6:49:23 PM

Date: 7/15/2006 3:35:23 PM

Date: 7/15/2006 3:24:28 PM

I want a cut like this in EVERY way:
So... what do I ask for? What cut IS this anyway? Looks like an old mine with more symmetrical proportions to me.
Yes, it is an OMC that is more symmetrical, its a 2.03 F-VS1 which is on one happy finger today.
Its one of my pictures, but thanx for the complement...
DiaGem - do you have any other pictures of this OMC or cuts like this one? What are the dimensions on this stone?
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/diagem-please-tell-us-about-your-new-avatar.45713/=

try there...

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Antique OMC 6 carats aprox. 11x11 mm. 67%td 58%table H-VS2

OMC6.JPG

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
3 carat+ G-VVS 8.3x7.6mm. 75%td 51%table
Girdle ex. thin culet V. large, polish;VG, symm. VG.

3.00 G-VVS.JPG

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
17 carat plus Antique OMC 15.2x15.1mm 9.5mm.depth appr. 50%table
K-VS (based on chips.

17car..JPG

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
profile of the 17 carats..., standing on culet.

enjoy this one, great pic. in my opinion.

17carat.JPG

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DiaGem, you are killing us. I need one of your newly cut cushion/OMC stones. They are magnificent. I can't say that I love any diamond cut more than those. (I am getting a new rb, but if I could have ONE more..about a 2-3 carat cushion would SO be my choice! All I can say is thank you for sharing these outstanding pictures. I wish we knew who you were!

widget

Ideal_Rock
Just curious...if someone in the trade reveals his name and location, without a direct link, in direct response to a consumer''s query, is this still considered self-promotion??

widget

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/18/2006 10:07:36 AM
Just curious...if someone in the trade reveals his name and location, without a direct link, in direct response to a consumer's query, is this still considered self-promotion??

widget

I don't know widget? it might be just as easy for the consumer to email the trade person directly. the vendors are allowed to put their websites at the bottom of their posts...

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
I am loving this thread.

Very interesting and educational.

DG, do you cut any modern cuts?

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/18/2006 9:42:50 AM
Author: diamondseeker2006
DiaGem, you are killing us. I need one of your newly cut cushion/OMC stones. They are magnificent. I can''t say that I love any diamond cut more than those. (I am getting a new rb, but if I could have ONE more..about a 2-3 carat cushion would SO be my choice! All I can say is thank you for sharing these outstanding pictures. I wish we knew who you were!
Oh I''m sorry DS - ME FIRST!!! lol ;-)

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/18/2006 8:21:00 AM
Antique OMC 6 carats aprox. 11x11 mm. 67%td 58%table H-VS2
I''m going to give some "criticisms" about these stones - only as they pertain to my own journey, I hope you don''t mind.

This stone is very charming, lots of character, but IMO the table is either too large or the crown is too steep - I really like the look when the culet is mirrored and centered in the crown facets. I believe YOUR cuts do more justice to that effect.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/18/2006 8:26:01 AM
3 carat+ G-VVS 8.3x7.6mm. 75%td 51%table
Girdle ex. thin culet V. large, polish;VG, symm. VG.
This stone obviously has better symmetry and polish, but I''m not sure that long culet is done justice on the sides - it is well reflected in the top and bottom crown facets, but the sides are cut off.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/18/2006 8:28:34 AM
enjoy...
Oh yes, enjoy very much! Sym and pol look good on this cut, the culet is well reflected, the only thing I''d change is making the 8 main facets more evenly spaced like that other stone and less traditional - speaking for me personally that is.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/18/2006 8:58:08 AM
17 carat plus Antique OMC 15.2x15.1mm 9.5mm.depth appr. 50%table
K-VS (based on chips.
This is another charming stone... I really don''t want an antique though, I want a new stone that I can wear for 50 years until it looks just like this one LOL! Symmetry is pretty good for such an old stone, but it isn''t perfect.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/18/2006 8:59:53 AM
profile of the 17 carats..., standing on culet.

enjoy this one, great pic. in my opinion.
oooh that is a greatpic! Is it just the angle or does the crown look like it is about 50% of the depth? LOL

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results