shape
carat
color
clarity

Fancy Diamond Question

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Xtreemski1

Rough_Rock

Hi guys, I have been lurking for a few days and reading a lot of useful information. I have a question I have found a Princess cut diamond that I like the look of, and have the Ideal scope image of it, and was wondering what you all thought. I am sort of concerned that there is not a lot of contrast but am not real sure what I am looking at. Thanks

Some more Info:
Carat: .71
Color: F
Clarity: VS1
Cut: Signature
Depth: 72.7%
Table: 74%
Polish: EX
SYM: VG
Girdle: MED
Culet: None
Fluor: Nome
Meas 4.97*4.88*3.55

IdealScopeXX.jpg

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/9/2006 7:35:42 AM
Author:Xtreemski1

I am sort of concerned that there is not a lot of contrast but am not real sure what I am looking at. Thanks

You mean... black patches on the ''scope image? If so... I would not worry and there should be some hint at what are those good for and how much on www.Ideal-Scope.com

IMO, rounds have too much. And there is more to contrast (i.e. tun on-turn off play between facets when the diamond catches light) than the IdealScope tells. But.. this is mostly a hunch built up from comments dispersed by the real experts on this forum. I am not one, sure that.

Is this an ''Infinity'' AGSo princess? Regardless, I hope ''Paul-Antwerp'' drops by with a comment
9.gif

Xtreemski1

Rough_Rock
I found this particular diamond on James Allen''s website, the only grading report listed is GIA, so I am not sure of the AGS grade. Thanks for the reply!

Xtreemski1

Rough_Rock
I also have another question, I would like to get this diamond mounted in a platinum setting with baguette side stones would the color and clarity of this stone in the setting make the baguette side stones look yellow or cheep? There are four tapered baguettes totaling .38 carat total weight, I am sure these baguettes are not F color or VS1 clarity like the center stone, but will they be small enough that the differences are not noticeable. Thanks again, sorry for all the questions I just want to do this right!

Paul-Antwerp

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 3/9/2006 8:03:15 AM
Author: valeria101

Is this an ''Infinity'' AGSo princess? Regardless, I hope ''Paul-Antwerp'' drops by with a comment
9.gif
No, this is definitely not an Infinity-princess.

However, the idealscope of the stone looks good. It could have been better with a lower crown angle and, thus, a smaller table, but the weight would have resulted lower than 0.70

I do wonder how the stone looks in the ASET-scope.

Live long,

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results