shape
carat
color
clarity

fancy colored diamonds

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/28/2008 4:46:48 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover
Stepcutnut, I''m ''green'' with envy for your green diamonds!! I love your entire collection. How unique, beautiful and wonderful!

Thanks TL-I love natural colored diamonds, I have for many years and wasn''t able to begin collecting until 2 years ago(ahhh, finally done with grad school) and there is NO turning back now---what a disease
9.gif
For me any color goes, love them all---just sad to see the prices skyrocketing!!!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW, everyone''s collections are amazingly gorgeous! I was never really into colored diamonds before last year but now have added a few.

Here''s my ER that everyone''s seen, a 2.52ct FLY.....

cmsflyring33.jpg

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here''s a round set in a FY halo.......

cmsfyrhr02.jpg

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And here''s my blue diamond RHR, enhanced of course.........

cmsbluediamondrhr.jpg

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OH WOW! Look at all these YUMMIES! What beautiful diamonds you all have. Michelle... I just love your yellow diamond....
30.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/29/2008 9:03:40 AM
Author: Catmom
WOW, everyone''s collections are amazingly gorgeous! I was never really into colored diamonds before last year but now have added a few.

Here''s my ER that everyone''s seen, a 2.52ct FLY.....

Michelle, I always drool when I see your gorgeous yellow diamond rings!!!!! They are soooo darn beautiful. I
30.gif
them.

Linda

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks so much ccn and Linda!!!

diamond. md

Rough_Rock
Tourmaline,
This one is special, a GIA vivid pure yellow

FVY.jpg

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/29/2008 5:21:57 PM
Author: SanDiegoLady

Date: 10/29/2008 9:09:53 AM
Have you ever shown this before?!!! Its gorgeous!
18.gif
Agreed! Love those blue diamonds. I happen to think they are a whole lot prettier than the natural blue.

Catmom - Do you have any matching pieces to that blue diamond ring? Earrings or a pendant, perhaps??
3.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/29/2008 8:23:09 PM
Author: Fly Girl

Date: 10/29/2008 5:21:57 PM
Author: SanDiegoLady

Date: 10/29/2008 9:09:53 AM
Have you ever shown this before?!!! Its gorgeous!
18.gif
Agreed! Love those blue diamonds. I happen to think they are a whole lot prettier than the natural blue.

Catmom - Do you have any matching pieces to that blue diamond ring? Earrings or a pendant, perhaps??
3.gif
Truthfully, natural blue diamonds are not a very deep pure spectral blue like a sapphire from what I''ve seen and what I''ve read. Even the hope diamond has a noticable grey mask to it. However, if someone wants to give me a fancy intense blue, I''ll take it!!
31.gif
The argyle pink diamonds, like those from the special annual "pink tender" of the highest class of pink diamonds found, are very attractive in their color pink. I love those!!

I was watching a science show about diamonds, and they were interviewing a Fifth avenue diamond dealer (you would all know his name - his pieces are always on the red carpet in Hollywood). He had a small light blue diamond ring, and you could barely see the blue in it, but it was $700,000
6.gif
. I don''t know, but for that money, I could get a really fancy deep pnk diamond of the same size or more. Blue is just much more valuable because it''s much more rare I guess.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Michelle and Fly Girl! I love the setting on it and the color of the stones. I initially thought they were blue zircons. It has that look to them. I picked it up at the last gem show for a song. There was nobody at the show and the vendors were really discounting just to move merchandise and no, I have no matching pieces...................yet.
31.gif
9.gif

cmsbluediamondrhr2.jpg

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
thanks for the compliments on my trio guys!

i do plan on having them set east to west as an rhr one of these days but i unfortunately have to save up the money first!

diamond. md

Rough_Rock
Blues are much prettier in person, its could range from sky blue to ocean blue. However, mixed with green either, the color is unbelievable, its like a slightly darker than a turquoise that is if it intense or vivid. They''re so rare that I haven''t seen them recorded at Sothebys or Christies. I have one in my collection but I haven''t had the chance to take a decent picture of it.
Here is another GIA certified Yellow-Brown 3.2 ct

Fancy gr GY 3.2.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just purchased this 1.05 greyish green SI diamond. I've bought from this dealer before, and I was very pleased. I hope it turns out nice. It's not everyone's cup of tea, but I thought it was different, and would make a striking contrast with white diamonds in gold. We'll see. It has noticable forest green in it as it turns in the video.

Diamond_MD: If you're sending stones to the GIA, how do you go about doing it? Certified insured mail???

greygreen.JPG

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/29/2008 11:06:53 PM
Author: diamond, md
Blues are much prettier in person, its could range from sky blue to ocean blue. However, mixed with green either, the color is unbelievable, its like a slightly darker than a turquoise that is if it intense or vivid. They''re so rare that I haven''t seen them recorded at Sothebys or Christies. I have one in my collection but I haven''t had the chance to take a decent picture of it.
Here is another GIA certified Yellow-Brown 3.2 ct
I prefer green mixed with blue, like some of the turquoise blues, or my all time favorite diamond, the Dresden green. I''ve actually spoken to people that have seen the Hope in person, and they weren''t that impressed (can you believe THAT??!!).

diamond. md

Rough_Rock
Hello Stepcut,
That is RB green is very nice, does it have a GIA and if there is, what is color given.
Thanks for posting.

diamond. md

Rough_Rock
You can call GIA and they will instruct you how to send the stone. I believe UPS can insure up to $50,000 only. However be prepared for disappointment regarding their grading. They could kill the value of your stone which they always do. In colored diamonds GIA is only one prominent collectors trust and accept unfortunately. I have several stones which were graded by IGI, HRD but turned out bummer stones when GIA graded it. YOu can alos go GIA website for more info.
HOpe this helps.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/29/2008 11:39:42 PM
Author: diamond, md
You can call GIA and they will instruct you how to send the stone. I believe UPS can insure up to $50,000 only. However be prepared for disappointment regarding their grading. They could kill the value of your stone which they always do. In colored diamonds GIA is only one prominent collectors trust and accept unfortunately. I have several stones which were graded by IGI, HRD but turned out bummer stones when GIA graded it. YOu can alos go GIA website for more info.
HOpe this helps.
Diamond_md,
Do you think that stone I just posted is worth sending then?

When you say your stones turned out to be bummer stones, what do you mean? Do you mean they didin''t have the color and clarity that you had hoped for?

diamond. md

Rough_Rock
I saw the Hope diamond several times, the color is darker since I believe it is a deep grayish blue if I am not mistaken. It is the size in a very rare color that makes it so special. I more partial to green myself so I appreciate the Dresden, that is why I have more green diamonds than blue. However, I have an intense blue that borders the vivid range and looks amazing, my supplier said they used it as their master stone for intense blues.
The pure orange I posted earlier in this thread was also used as master stone for the orange.
Here is another rare GIA Fancy vivid greenish yellow.

FVgY Diamond.jpg

diamond. md

Rough_Rock
That is correct. The clarity is fine but the colors they gave is so much different from what I thought and grading it got from IGI or HRD. After looking at it more closely I usually agree with GIA. Also, it takes them at least a month for yellow, brown and gray. If they think it has green, blue ,orange, pink or purple it will take most of the time 6 months or more. By the way, have you seen a white diamond not the usual colorless?

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/29/2008 11:14:16 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover
I just purchased this 1.05 greyish green SI diamond. I''ve bought from this dealer before, and I was very pleased. I hope it turns out nice. It''s not everyone''s cup of tea, but I thought it was different, and would make a striking contrast with white diamonds in gold. We''ll see. It has noticable forest green in it as it turns in the video.

Diamond_MD: If you''re sending stones to the GIA, how do you go about doing it? Certified insured mail???
TL I love your new diamond. I think it will look sensational with white diamond accents and can''t wait to see it when it''s done!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks! It''s different, that''s for sure. I''ll post pics when I get it. It has a distinct forest green with a touch of mint green when it rotates in the video. Although it does have a strong greyish cast. It''s over a carat, and I think it has an "organic" appeal to it. I think it would kind of be cool with pink diamonds in a halo, but alas, I can''t find a halo with pink diamonds that I can afford right now. Maybe pink sapphire halo?? Even if the GIA doesn''t consider it "green", I didn''t pay very much, so I''m happy.

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is my .75 RB Blue (Irradiated) Diamond with a .3 guard.
1.gif

blue321.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow - those enhanced blue diamonds are gorgeous. I saw a .10 (one tenth) of a carat natural blue for around $10,000 - any takers???!
emsmilep.gif

I think natural colored blue and red diamonds are probably the most expensive things for their weight in the world.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results