shape
carat
color
clarity

Family friend passed away last night.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
I learned this afternoon that the little sister of one of my close childhood friends just lost a three year battle with cancer. She was only nineteen.

I''m still too emotional to really get into the details, but this article from her high school newspaper describes her beautifully. Please keep her and her family in your prayers.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
prayers outgoing

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
That is just so sad. I will keep you and the family in my prayers.
12.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh, it makes me so sad to see another young lovely life gone...how awful for her friends and family...there seems to be no sense in these tragedies...

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Blen, I''m so sorry to hear this. My thought and prayers are with you, her family and friends.

iceprincess

Shiny_Rock
Gosh, so tragic. She must have been a wonderful young woman. What a big heart and a fighting spirit. Sending out love and prayers. So so sorry for this loss.

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What an inspirational young woman! She sounds like one of these angels who are put here on earth just to bless the lives of people around her. I''m so sorry that she''s gone, but even in her brief time here she has left an indelible mark on the world. It''s so sad that she''s gone....I hope her family and friends are holding up.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a beautiful and special young lady. The world will be a poorer place without her.

Mannequin

Brilliant_Rock
I am so sorry for your loss, Liz. Tough week for many, apparently...

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So sorry to hear this. Big hugs outgoing.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Blenheim, I''m sorry for your loss. Thank you for honoring your friend by including the article for all of us to read--she was an inspiring young lady, and a person who surely has motivated others to continue the fight against cancer and to help raise awareness by telling her story.

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
Thank you so much for all of your kind words. It really means a lot to me.

Back when my mom taught cooking classes, Nora was one of her students. She always went above and beyond what my mom asked for. For one assignment, she turned in a children''s cookbook she had made, with age appropriate recipes, comments, and photographs. My mom initially forgot to hand it back to her. Once Nora was diagnosed and started chemo treatment, my mom held onto it to give her some sort of comfort. She''s now wondering if it could be published, with the proceeds going to the American Cancer Society or another similar organization. (My mom is a published author, so she does know what work goes into this kind of thing.) I think that she''s going to talk with Nora''s parents after the initial shock has worn off. I think it would be a wonderful way to remember Nora and her passions for cooking and cancer awareness.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
15.gif
So sorry to read this. What an inspirational spirit she was! Truly made this world a better place. Prayers here for her family and friends.

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
Oh Blenheim, I''m so sorry for your loss. She sounds like she was a beautiful young woman, both inside and out. My heart goes out to her family and friends.

diamondsrock

Brilliant_Rock
I just read that article and what an amazing girl. I''m sorry for everyone who is affected by losing such a wonderful person. I think the cookbook idea is wonderful and from what I read about her it seems a perfect way to reflect her life and her ambitions.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results