shape
carat
color
clarity

Faint flouresence?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

glamgirl

Shiny_Rock
Ok, I need some clarification.....I think I know the answer but want to hear it from others. Does Faint flouresence add, change, or have any kind of inpact on a color grade. What is a faint on a GIA? Is the floresence grade on GIA usually accurate? How do they judge a faint from a med? Is a negligable, and a faint the same? Or is a faint more, than a negligable?

jenwill

Brilliant_Rock
Negligible is about equal to none. It means so little that it cannot be appreciated. Faint means very little, but there and must be mentioned for full disclosure. I do not believe that faint would affect the color appearance much. Perhaps a little, but not much. I think the color boost appearance may come in near medium and then all the way up to very strong.

There may be experts who have more information, but I was always under the impressionthat faint was so little as to not make much difference at all.

Iceman

Brilliant_Rock
Faint is hard to see even under ideal conditions in the lab. Nothing to be concerned about.

DOC TOO

Rough_Rock
I have a round brilliant with FAINT (blue) fluorescence. Appraiser showed to me under lamp, very slight, I could see it, told would enhance under "certain" lighting conditions. Told this is a positive in the "near colorless" range. Hope this helps. Just my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results