shape
carat
color
clarity

Faceting classes

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
I don''t know what I''m doing wrong but I''m not coming up with much information...I am moving to SoCal next week (Inland Empire area) and am at a loose end for a few months until I get a work permit. Does anyone know of any faceting classes or gemology classes in that area? Thanks
35.gif

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
*bumpity bump*

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
The best place to ask would be at a local mineral and gems group. I think few facetting teachers have a significant online presence as, from what I have heard, this is very much one on one teaching.

Jypsie

Shiny_Rock
It really depends on how you want to approach this. I suggest trying to get involved through your local gem society and taking a class or working with another member. Many societies have a workshop that you can work in during "open shop" time which will minimize your investment while you figure out if you like the hobby, otherwise it''s not an insignificant hobby to star out in, the cost to start out is rather high - approximately $5-$7,000 at the low end, and it could easily go up as high as $15,000 or more.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results