shape
carat
color
clarity

faceted chalcedony and friends

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
These stones are from gemline. I purchased the opal and chalcedony and the topaz was a gift!
36.gif
I''ll have to post stats later since I''d just be pulling them from memory right now. I''m loving the chalcedony, it''s very shimmery. I''ve definitely never seen anything like it. The opal is very tough to photograph and I''ve yet to get a very accurate photo of it so I''ll have to try again, hopefully before sunset this time. The topaz is a very nice icy blue color and it''s very bright.

Here they are:

chalcedony0810.JPG

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock

chalcedony0813.JPG

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock

chalcedony0812-.JPG

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock

chalcedony0819.JPG

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock

chalcedony0823.JPG

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Those are so pretty but especially the chalcedony. Love it!

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock

chalcedony0814-.JPG

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I still love the chalcedony best because of that soft blue appearance.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, it is a very interesting stone. It comes in all varieties; beautiful. The other two are very nice as well. Are you planning to post them in "Blue"?

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Very nice!

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Lovely stones, brandy! I don''t think I''ve ever seen faceted chalcedony before - it''s really beautiful. And I love the cut (and price!) on that blue topaz!

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you kismet and Chrono! The chalcedony is my favorite out of the bunch as well. I think I''ve got a thing for "sleepy" stones and this chalcedony fits the bill perfectly.

Crasru, I don''t have concrete plans yet but I do have a vision! I want to see what the chalcedony looks like with my orange opal cab. I haven''t put them side by side yet but the combo looks good in my head. If they do go well together I''ll more than likely put them into a pendant. I''d have the chalcedony set into a slider type setting with the opal dangling from that. That image immediately popped into my head the moment I laid eyes on the stone.
21.gif
I''ll have to go browse around for the blue thread.

Thank you ma re!

cellentani, I''d never seen anything like it either and it was love at first site.
30.gif
Thank you! I was all wide eyed when I saw the topaz labeled "gift". It''s the biggest stone I own and it was free! That''s almost sad... LOL Can''t beat free!

opal stats
Origin: Australia
Weight: 1.41 carats
Size: 8 x 5 mm deep

chalcedony stats
Origin: Turkey
Weight: 2.06 carats
Size: 8 x 6.3 mm deep

The topaz is in the 4ct range I believe, will verify when I get home. Very nice large stone.

Michael_E

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I love the look of faceted opal, especially if it has some fire. That opal looks like it may show blue/green fire in bright light. Any chance that it shows fire in sunlight ? Very pretty stones !

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Oooh, I love the Chalcedony. Really pretty and unusual.

The opal is fun too and a very different look from the usual. I have a largish cabochon of the translucent opal and it is surreal in sunlight. The play of colour is all there inside the stone as if it's in three dimensions. With normal opals it's more like you are looking at a 2D image (I'm possibly not making sense here). I really hope yours does this as it's beautiful.

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
I don''t often see the chalcedony and opal faceted but they look lovely.

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/10/2010 4:37:58 PM
Author: Pandora II

The opal is fun too and a very different look from the usual. I have a largish cabochon of the translucent opal and it is surreal in sunlight. The play of colour is all there inside the stone as if it''s in three dimensions. With normal opals it''s more like you are looking at a 2D image (I''m possibly not making sense here). I really hope yours does this as it''s beautiful.
Makes perfect sense. Translucency obviously makes effects like play of color more prominent, similar to what it does to moonstones - those that are more translucent show the glow so much better and are much more interesting.

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/10/2010 1:41:57 PM
Author: Michael_E
I love the look of faceted opal, especially if it has some fire. That opal looks like it may show blue/green fire in bright light. Any chance that it shows fire in sunlight ? Very pretty stones !
It does show some fire Michael
1.gif
I tried to capture it but the camera wasn''t picking up all that I was seeing.

DSCN0827.JPG

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/10/2010 4:37:58 PM
Author: Pandora II

The opal is fun too and a very different look from the usual. I have a largish cabochon of the translucent opal and it is surreal in sunlight. The play of colour is all there inside the stone as if it''s in three dimensions. With normal opals it''s more like you are looking at a 2D image (I''m possibly not making sense here). I really hope yours does this as it''s beautiful.
The opal kept calling to me and it is quite unusual and yes the 2D vs 3D made sense to me. I tried capturing the color play...

DSCN0828.JPG

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
More chalcedony pics. It''s such a fun stone!

DSCN0831.JPG

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
please pardon the fuzz...

DSCN0836-.JPG

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
stats on the topaz finally!

4.29 cts
natural color
Australian origin
10.7x7.9x5.5

DSCN0842-.JPG

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
very interesting stones - lovely!

ma re

Ideal_Rock
They look just as great in your pics!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results