shape
carat
color
clarity

Eyes or Numbers? - The Eyes Have It

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lucky8

Rough_Rock

Hi,

We got one, finally.... now, we did the "wrong" thing (price wise) and went to Tiffany’s and got to see about 10 or so stones in our desired range and WOW can you tell the difference looking in the flesh! I am so pleased I did not buy blind on the numbers. We originally planned to buy an EC over the net but saw and fell in love with a 1.17ct round brilliant.
We did probably pay (at least) a thousand or so over the top but it's a delicious, classic ring and platinum setting with the diamond number and weight perfectly engraved in the inside of the setting... The diamond shows perfect symmetric arrows in very low light (almost covered up) and huge fire and whole gambit of colours in sunlight. Here is the numbers and I am trying to work out how to do a photo.

1.17ct
VVS2 (two tiny pinpoints nice and tucked away)
F Colour
6.83 - 6.87 - 4.16
Depth - 60.7%
Table - 56%
Crown Angle - 33.8
Girdle - Medium
Precision, Polish, Symmetry - All Excellent
Pavilion 43.2%

I think the numbers look pretty good but even if they could be better, I am not sure the stone would look any better - how could it, this is the stone that caught our emotion.

Thanks for the help and advice I received on this forum. The research I did was invaluable because I could talk and understand the language and where the levers were to pull to maximise value for money and get to see the stones I really wanted to see (based on the numbers) in the flesh.

Thanks,

Daniela

Brilliant_Rock
Yay for you! Education pays.

But where are our pictures?
25.gif

Lucky8

Rough_Rock
Working on the macro thingly on the camera - can''t focus on somthing so tiny.........

Lucky8

Rough_Rock
Here a quick one - Ill move the thread to "show me the ring" and put the numbers up again

ring17b.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results