shape
carat
color
clarity

eye clean?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

aargh

Rough_Rock
Hi all,

New to the list & trying to absorb lots of info. Doing a search for a diamond (Once I have my list more refined I''ll be back for opinions). On the page for a Superbcert SI1 diamond, it states this:
"This gorgeous SI diamond faces up absolutely eye-clean as a result of its maximum brilliance and fire which is refracted back to the eye. This amazing brilliance masks the diamonds inclusions from being eye-visible in the face up position."

Is that really what most would consider "eye clean", or is it just saying you''ll be so blinded by the reflected light that you won''t be able to see the inclusions. My concern is that if you''re in non-direct or not so bright lighting conditions that these inclusions will be obvious. Thoughts?
Thanks!

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
If the description is accurate you will not be able to see the inclusions from the top of the stone. The only way to know for sure is to look at the stone. Some give accurate descriptions and some puff. Also some people can see better than others, so what is totally eye clean to me may be visible to you. I know, I have very good eyes but I have a client who can literally see VS2 inclusions from across the table from me.

Wink

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Hey!!! I think I know what stone you are talking about...I THINK Jennifer actually saw the stone...

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Is it the non H&A...but it's really pretty I hear...

sheckrock

Rough_Rock
wink is an expert and I am not, but see if you can find out whether there are any dark or black inclusions. From what I understand, these are the result of an shadow effect of crystals in the diamond. Could you imagine looking down and seeing a little black dot all the time...that's what I worry about.

aargh

Rough_Rock
moremoremore,

Sounds like a different stone...this one is described as a H&A.

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
----------------
On 8/8/2004 2:52:00 PM sheckrock wrote:

wink is an expert and I am not, but see if you can find out whether there are any dark or black inclusions. From what I understand, these are the result of an shadow effect of crystals in the diamond. Could you imagine looking down and seeing a little black dot all the time...that's what I worry about.

----------------

Often the black inclusions are a deep red in transmitted light. That is because many of the black inclusions are garnet crystals included in the diamond. Black inclusions will more often be eye visible than white or colorless inclusions, but again, the only way to know for sure is to see the stone.

Wink

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
MMM is right--I did visit Barry to look at an "almost" H&A he has on special--1.48 ct, SI1, J. However, it has the same clarity description as the one referenced in this thread.

I could see no inclusions with my eye, even though the stone was one inch away under intense lights. The sparkle and cut made it impossible to see anything but just that-sparkle and scintillation... With a 10X loupe, I saw the tiny imperfection in the table. This experience really drove home how important cut is. While I am not as crazed with specs to the 5th decimal as some, it is vitally important to the beauty of the stone that the cut/make is high quality.

The only reason I did not purchase this stone is becasue the J color was visible to my eye from the side--this is a personal preference. Face up, this stone held its own next to a G. I will also reiterate how accomodating and gracious Barry & Judah were-I wouldn't hesitate to contact them about their merchandise.

SI stones (I now have a 1.52 SI1 that is beyond eye clean) are tremendous values. Wink gives good advice insofar as looking at the stones to gauge your personal comfort level but often you can a chieve a greater size, higher color and better cut at the expense of an SI1, Si2, even a good I1 grade--and much of the time no one will see a thing.

1.gif

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
I knew that description sounded familiar!!!
1.gif

As for eye clean...like stated above...you have to see it yourself. I am the type of person who can't stand to know I CAN see it in certain lights...even if you can't see it all the time. I'm crazy!!!!
1.gif
It's very hard to see inclusions when the stone gets dark and scintillates....it is easy sometimes when the stone lights up (like under the bathroom vanity lights)...I wouldn't care so much if it was off to the side. Smack in the middle will not do!

And Wink- I think you described me!
1.gif
I returned a Vs2 with dark inclusions in the middle of a princess. Bummer.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results