shape
carat
color
clarity

Eye clean SI2 with black inclusions

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

solange

Brilliant_Rock
I have a large SI2 stone which is perfectly eye clean. Although I can easily see these black inclusions with a 10 power loupe, I cannot find them with my naked eye from any angle although I know exactly where they are.

Is an eye clean SI stone with small black inclusions worth less than one with colorless inclusions?

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
My guess would be no.

SI2 is SI2 is SI2......even though every SI2 is individual. I would imagine it would be priced as any other SI2 would.....but that''s just my opinion.

solange

Brilliant_Rock
I had hoped someone would have the answer to this. The inclusiions are very small but are dark.

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
i know that when i had my diamond appraised they commented that the inclusions were white/colorless and that that was better than dark or black. however--i think that for pricing sake and since it has a certifcate...its probably pretty much the same as gia or ags or anyone else doesnt differentiate inslusions on the basis of color

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
When diamond dealers are having the final words with eachother over the value of a specific diamond, a stone with black inclusions will have more problem than one with colorless inclusions. Black marks are a haggling point. How much they reduce the value of stones, in general, is not known to me. How much they might or might not reduce the final value of a particular stone is totally a mystery. Pretty much anything can be an "issue" when it comes to the value of a diamond.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/29/2004 1:31:22 PM
Author: oldminer
When diamond dealers are having the final words with eachother over the value of a specific diamond, a stone with black inclusions will have more problem than one with colorless inclusions. Black marks are a haggling point. How much they reduce the value of stones, in general, is not known to me. How much they might or might not reduce the final value of a particular stone is totally a mystery. Pretty much anything can be an ''issue'' when it comes to the value of a diamond.
dave
how about if you were the appraiser ,would you appraise the stone with the dark inclusions at a lower price ?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/29/2004 8:15:11 PM
Author: Dancing Fire

Date: 11/29/2004 1:31:22 PM
Author: oldminer
When diamond dealers are having the final words with eachother over the value of a specific diamond, a stone with black inclusions will have more problem than one with colorless inclusions. Black marks are a haggling point. How much they reduce the value of stones, in general, is not known to me. How much they might or might not reduce the final value of a particular stone is totally a mystery. Pretty much anything can be an ''issue'' when it comes to the value of a diamond.
dave
how about if you were the appraiser ,would you appraise the stone with the dark inclusions at a lower price ?
dave or any other appraisers have a answer to my question ?

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results