shape
carat
color
clarity

Extra Facets????

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

DOC TOO

Rough_Rock
Any information on the B&M or Mall stores that claim there "EXTRA FACETED" round brilliant is better than the standard 57-58 facet stones? They claim extra FIRE & BRILLIANCE" ????---Any Truth?
33.gif

Iceman

Brilliant_Rock
You can put sugar on a pile of crap and I dont think it will taste any sweeter.

If the diamond is not cut right in the first place , no amount of facetes are going to help.

ICAA

Rough_Rock
I think it would depend if its simply an extra facet on a traditional round brilliant or if its a modified round brilliant such as an Eightstar or Solasfera.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I wear a Star 129 which is a modified RB cut with 129 facets. Of EVERY stone Ive seen, the only cut I found brigher and nicer is a solasfera.

My avatar is a photo of my stone through my loupe.

By comparison to a "regular" triple ideal RB I still say mine is a ton brigher. AND looks whiter than a D. If thats possible,

DOC TOO

Rough_Rock
Thank You
35.gif

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s all just a personal preference. You need to see them up close to see how you feel about them. Some of the extra faceted cuts erally look...funny. SOme are just stunningly beautiful. Personally I probably wouldn''t go over 129 knowing that the 160something facet one I saw was,well, kinda crappy looking to say the least, and didn''t look "real".

NoonersMom

Shiny_Rock
Good question Doc....I was going to ask the same. A B&M showed me a solasfera a few days ago....2ct for the nice price of 30K. Of course, he was trying to push the higher item. While it was stunning, I read somewhere that extra facets can detract from it.

DOC TOO

Rough_Rock
Yes, I agree with you. It just didn''t look right. But then again The Old ----
23.gif
"EYE OF THE BEHOLDER"

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results