shape
carat
color
clarity

Experts, I need your help w/ depth...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sslkrissi

Shiny_Rock
Experts, please help me with this stone....
Yesterday, I posted the specs of this stone on PS and received several responses indicating that it may be too deep.
Here are the spec:
1.74 ct. G SI2
Depth: 62.7
Table: 54
Crown angle: 35
Pavilion angle: 40.8
7.64 x 7.67 x 4.8

It is an AGS000, displays H&As and scores a 1.7 on the HCA (EX,EX,EX,VG). I think that the price is really good (10.5K), but don''t want to spend that much on something that won''t look as good b/c it is too deep.

I have been reading some older posts which say that a stone that may be too deep, might be balanced out by the crown or pavilion angles (not sure which one). Do you think that the performance (brilliance, fire, scintillation) of this stone will be comprpmised by its depth, or will I just be paying for a ston which looks smaller than it should but still is an excellent performer. If so, how much smaller will this stone appear than a 1.74 that is not to deep?

Lastly, is it possible for one of you to run these #s through the diamcalc to get an idea of light leakage for me? The vendor has told me that they cannot supply me with any pictures b/c it is at their warehouse in NY, but will send it to my area so I can view it.

Thanks

sslkrissi

Shiny_Rock
No answers yet... BUT I have another question to add in case any experts want to chime in.

Would this stone be classified as a TIC or an FIC? I think b/c it is deeper, that makes it closer to an FIC, right?

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/7/2006 3:41:06 PM
Author: sslkrissi
Would this stone be classified as a TIC or an FIC? I think b/c it is deeper, that makes it closer to an FIC, right?

According to the HCA, it's classified as a TIC.

sslkrissi

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/7/2006 4:36:52 PM
Author: Lynn B

Date: 2/7/2006 3:41:06 PM
Author: sslkrissi

According to the HCA, it''s classified as a TIC.
Oh ok. I saw that when I entered the numbers in the HCA. I am assuming that if it was an FIC, it would say so in the same place, right? Do you know what angles/proportions make a stone an FIC vs. TIC? Thanks

sslkrissi

Shiny_Rock
Also, from reading older posts, some people say that a 1.74 ct should be approx. 7.8 in diameter. So, will it be noticable that this stone is .3mm smaller than it should be? Is that a big difference?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results