shape
carat
color
clarity

Expert advice for a princess diamond newbie...Thanks in advance

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ls1rab2001

Rough_Rock
Hello there everyone. I am am a long time lurker here on this site. I just began the process of getting a ring and was hoping to run some numbers by your guys ...or gals. Going with a white gold three stone engagement ring with a channel of 5 diamond on each side. The center stone is obviously very important. How do these specs sound to you guys??? My local jeweler presented me with a very nice looking princess cut and i hope you guys can tell me if its worth the price...

Square Modified Brilliant

Measurements: 5.60 x 5.41 x 3.98 mm

Carat Weight: 1.02

Color Grade: F

Clarity Grade: VS2

Proportions:

Depth: 73.6 %

Table: 71 %

Girdle: Medium to Thick

Culet: None

Finish:

Polish: Excellent

Symmetry: Very Good

Fluorescence: None

Comments: Clouds are not shown

Price 5,000.

There is the GIA report, looks gorgeous, but is there any other information or questions i should ask before making the purchase???? Thanks alot...Newbie ROB

ls1rab2001

Rough_Rock
Any info would be great... Thanks alot

rwvault15

Rough_Rock
I am by no means an expert, but recently did a lot of my own research on princess cut stones, but I''ll do my best. If you go to the top of the page where it says "Pricescope your diamond" and put in the same paramaters for color and clarity and a slight window on the size, using "In-House" diamonds you''ll see that you''re not doing to bad. There are some for $4200, but more in the $6000 range. All in all I''d say if it''s GIA certified at a local B & M then you''re doing pretty well.

With that said, people will tell you that you can''t judge princess cuts by the numbers and you have to see them in person. So my suggestion would be to ask the jewler to show you some well cut stones and not so well cut stones and compare it against those. There is nothing there that I think you should be worried about so if it visually looks good than it could be a great deal

ls1rab2001

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the advice. Any bit helps with such a big purchase....Appreciate it!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results