carat
color
clarity

Experience with Sleeping Pills?

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jambalaya|1431089062|3873921 said:
Update: I came off a week's Ambien three nights ago, and each night my sleep is better. Now I'm on the schedule I always wanted to be on, going to sleep about 10.30 or 11 and waking up about 7.30. I have my life back!! I really needed that Ambien - nothing else worked. I tried all the OTC stuff but the prescription sleeping pills are very different - totally knock you out in a way that no OTC remedy does. And I needed something to force my body to sleep. No more sore throat!

Feel so much better and more optimistic about everything. I'm very grateful for all the responses here.

Sleep tip from my friend's therapist, who is awesome: It doesn't matter so much what time you go to bed, but to maintain your sleep schedule you must get up at the same time each day.

I'm glad you found something to get you back on track, Jambalaya! Ambien works great for me, too, but not so much for others... :bigsmile:

So glad you're feeling better! :))

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
packrat|1430357950|3869909 said:
I used Simply Sleep for the first year I worked at the Dr's office-but only one night a week. I've been a horrible sleeper for far too many years to count, changing my bedtimes to match what time I woke up in the middle of the night. My husband uses Nyquil when he works overnights for the first few nights b/c it knocks his butt *out*. It doesn't work for me. The new Z Quil doesn't work for him at all however. I don't use it. Benadryl works pretty good for me and doesn't leave me feeling weird the next day, so long as I plan ahead and don't take it too late so I can go crash. I took a migraine pill a while back (a coworkers) and it made me so groggy I felt drunk so I finally went and conked out..got rid of my headache tho...I took amitriptyline for a couple weeks to help w/headaches and I tell you what, I didn't sleep super long, but *man* did I sleep good. Deeeeeep sleep, and I wasn't up 3 times a night to pee and then laying there for 30-45 minutes when I did actually get up to pee, I'd zonk right back out again.

The last thing I took for sleep was amitriptyline... before I got pregnant, of course. :bigsmile: It was WONDERFUL. ;))

MrsWhitney

Shiny_Rock
I have been on Ambien for 5 years. Never once had an issue-----and when I do try to get off- or stop- I cannot sleep.

I take it due to stress. My husband, a doctor, does not take when not on vacation, due to the fact, yet you have to be careful, but all in all, I find a quick cup of coffee after, a shower- and I am good to go.

Now obviously my routine has changed. My Ambien dosage was increased- because of the stress of cancer-

theren

Rough_Rock
I use an all natural supplement called Valerian and Hopps.. Honestly it's helped me a few times when insomnia wanted to kick in.

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Due to bad sleep, I've got another prescription for sleeping pills and am so excited about getting better sleep. I won't go into the reasons why sleep is elusive but let's just say I can't wait to get some rest. Yay for rest! Yay for fluffy pajamas! Yay for early nights! :D

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results