shape
carat
color
clarity

Expectations- will it happen?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

caligal

Shiny_Rock
O.k.- so it is our one year anniversary (we need a new term for that since we aren''t married yet!), from our first date on Saturday, which makes me wonder if he''s going to propose. It seems every holiday/special occasion since Christmas has made me wonder, "is he going to propose?" I''m not really worried about it, and since he said he wants to wait until he''s done with school (December)- I don''t think it really will happen. But every girlfriend/co-worker immediately grabs my hand after these events to see if there is anything "new" there! I appreciate they are excited for me, but they are all making me anxious and less patient! What do you say to people when they ask? Cause I know it is coming after our 1-year and the 4th on Monday!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
You''ve come to the right place! I know how you feel my SO and I have been dating for almost 4.5 years (it will be 4.5 year 8/20) and after every major holiday people grab my hand and seems dissappointed that I have all five fingers. We still call them anniversies but now we are limiting it to every 6 months. Just try and breathe. Come onto to PS and post and vent as often as you like. There are some great threads in the LIW section if you look that all cover what you are asking about. *hug*

angelina

Rough_Rock
I''ve learned to say that it ''will happen when the moment is right''.
Believe me, I know exactly how you feel.
As if it isn''t hard enough for you to sit and wait!

Be happy that people are excited for you- and can''t wait to see a new chapter of your life begin.
I''m trying so hard these days not to let it consume me.
It''s hard- but you have to live your life day by day....

Hang in there- I''m right where you are
1.gif

Angelina

northstar_78

Shiny_Rock
Welcome to the club!! Our two year anniversary is almost upon us and we have talked about it long and hard...thinking this summer might be the time! Once we hit our one year anniversary it started...I try to be disarming, smile and wink and make an innocous comment...

caligal

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the support all! I was surprised to be woken up to a clean apartment, cooler all packed for a trip up the mountain, and a dozen roses. We had a great time! Later I was online- so he came in and I minimized the screen (it was an email to one of my girlfriends- updating her on engagement status). He kept asking and asking so I showed him the email- then later we looked at rings online! A positive step in the right direction!

heart prongs

Shiny_Rock
Enjoy the anticipation...you only get to look forward to being asked that question once, right? It all goes by so fast too, so try not to rush it!

I cannot believe I''ve been married almost a year...seems like just yesterday I logged on here for the first time to take a look at diamonds and do some "research". Thank God it was only two months later that I accepted now-husband''s proposal...I may have gone crazy had it been any longer!!!

It''s all soooo worth the wait though...have fun looking!

PS...I used to live in Redlands!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Congrats Caligal!
36.gif
Want to post some pics of the ones you liked?
31.gif

caligal

Shiny_Rock
Good advice- how funny you lived in Redlands! Here are the ones I liked... picture some bling in the middle!
emsmile.gif

I''ve attached pics of the ones I like- let me know if you can see them!

DSM2560-L.jpg

caligal

Shiny_Rock
Here''s another

DSM1962-L.jpg

caligal

Shiny_Rock
More bling!

DSM2110-L.jpg

caligal

Shiny_Rock
And some more...

DSM2415-L.jpg

caligal

Shiny_Rock
Hope you aren''t bored yet!

DSM2205-L.jpg

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/1/2005 7:07:10 PM
Author:caligal
. . . every girlfriend/co-worker immediately grabs my hand after these events to see if there is anything 'new' there! I appreciate they are excited for me, but they are all making me anxious and less patient! What do you say to people when they ask? Cause I know it is coming after our 1-year and the 4th on Monday!

Just wait, Caligal . . . When you finally do get married, all those same people will be asking you constantly when you are going to start a family!!!!!!
2.gif

Edited to add: Love the rings!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/6/2005 7:46:55 PM
Author: caligal
Good advice- how funny you lived in Redlands! Here are the ones I liked... picture some bling in the middle!
emsmile.gif

I''ve attached pics of the ones I like- let me know if you can see them!
I adore the basket on this one, very kool.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results