shape
carat
color
clarity

Expatriate in Russia looking for a e-ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/8/2006 2:35:16 AM
Author:joshzele

I''ve read a lot of things about ...how diamonds can be more affordable in Europe than in the US.

No freakin'' way. In fact, the difference is quite something, the other way around.

Am I better off looking in Russia or Europe (Amsterdam) for diamonds? Will I get a better price?

Russia I don''t know. Amsterdam? You may want to ask Paul Sledgers (of InfinityDiamonds - there is allot of and about these on Pricescope). It looks like many of his diamonds are sold in the US... surprise, surprise...

Can I beat internet prices over here? With the exchange rate and the dollar being weaker in Russia right now I don''t know if its a cut and dry question, but I thought I''d ask.

In theory.. hard to believe. But I haven''t looked into the exchange rate thing you mention.
My 2c

E B

Ideal_Rock
Hi Josh! Welcome to Pricescope!

An ideal cut 1.25ct is going to cost more than 4-5k, usually. Here are a couple stones in or around your budget that you might want to take a look at. They're all ideal cuts.

1.02ct H, SI2 1.4 on the HCA, $5087 after PS discount

1.05ct I, SI1 1 on the HCA, $4572 after PS discount

1.10ct I, VS2 1.4 on the HCA, $5208 after PS discount

Have you thought about what kind of setting she'd like?
9.gif

joshzele

Rough_Rock
Yikes! Ok, well I look like a rube now. I guess what I read over here should be tempered with a little common sense. But, that''s why I asked! Glad I did.

Ok, well, thank you valeria and Ebree. I know she wants an antique setting. Totally up for interpretation, but I guess I''ll know it when I see it. :)

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/8/2006 4:42:55 AM
Author: joshzele

I guess what I read over here should be tempered with a little common sense.

True... Please don't take for granted that everyone on the forum (or even everyone claiming so) is a 'diamond addict'. It's only fun...
31.gif
Chances are you will hear allot less about H&A and Ideal Cut on the ground, but there are some non-proprietary, unbiased laws of physics involved in the debate, and as far as those go the info seems to be a safe bet. No need to turn this into its own reward (like I did)
2.gif

I know she wants an antique setting.

Yeas... A few vintage-inspired designs have become popular in the past couple of years (or less), and I suspect those are what caught the imagination of your GF. There are allot of 'oldies' that do not qualify and would probably be too much of a surprise. IMO, 'keep it simple' is a good way to go. The sophisticated platinum filigree and whatever else may read as 'vintage' are not often interpreted all that well because then as now, the manufacturing involved is relatively labor intensive. And labor sure is more expensive now than a century ago.

Best of luck!
35.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results