shape
carat
color
clarity

Exciting News for Headlight!

Garnetgirl

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations @headlight on your accomplishment. I’ve heard that this is a very difficult course, so you have good reason to be proud of your achievement! :)

Mlh

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, that is great!! I am assuming you loved it!! Congratulations!!

headlight

Ideal_Rock
Fantastic! I’ll be laid up in the near future and was looking for things to look forward to - perhaps this would be a good path for me, too. I’ll check out their site, but how long and how many classes was it (besides the interruptions you mentioned)? I’m so excited for you!

Thank you! For the full Graduate Gemologist it is quite a lengthy endeavor but doable if you just take it course by course. There’s a huge sense of accomplishment with each step of the way. The GIA website has all the info. You can start with the shorter, more intro courses and go from there if you desire more.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations Headlight, well done!!

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Congrats Headlight!!!

Kya

Shiny_Rock
That’s an incredible accomplishment! On my bucket list for sure… Congratulations!!

Pippy

Rough_Rock
Hello, Fellow PSers…
I want to announce that I passed the 20-stone Gem Identification exam and am now a GIA Graduate Gemologist!
Such an amazing journey! From start to finish my GIA education took a bit longer than anticipated due to the Covid shutdown but I stuck with it.
I don’t have any professional plans, this was more of a “lifelong learning” endeavor.
Just wanted to share with all of you who are passionate for gems and jewelry!

Congratulations!

Texas Leaguer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hello, Fellow PSers…
I want to announce that I passed the 20-stone Gem Identification exam and am now a GIA Graduate Gemologist!
Such an amazing journey! From start to finish my GIA education took a bit longer than anticipated due to the Covid shutdown but I stuck with it.
I don’t have any professional plans, this was more of a “lifelong learning” endeavor.
Just wanted to share with all of you who are passionate for gems and jewelry!

Congratulations! You PERSISTED!

Many, many fall by the wayside. It really takes discipline to get through the whole program. Especially if you are doing it by distance. Good job!

headlight

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations! You PERSISTED!

Many, many fall by the wayside. It really takes discipline to get through the whole program. Especially if you are doing it by distance. Good job!

Thank you very, very much for this. It’s amazing looking back to see that I made it!!!

emmy12

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations! The relief to be done such a big program must feel so good!

headlight

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations! Would love to hear more about your experience, favorite courses, etc :)

Thank you! The colored stones segment is quite long and rigorous but fascinating, especially the gem identification process with the gemological equipment. Diamonds is a bit more user-friendly track. Pearls (not part of the GG) is a short, fast-paced segment and really enjoyable. The instructors are amazing. It’s definitely a commitment in time, energy, and cost.

Gemstonesrock

Shiny_Rock
Congrats @headlight ! That is quite the accomplishment. And as your fellow PSers, we benefit from all your knowledge! ;)2

headlight

Ideal_Rock
Congrats @headlight ! That is quite the accomplishment. And as your fellow PSers, we benefit from all your knowledge! ;)2

Thank you! Quite honestly, the benefit goes both ways... I learn so much from my fellow PSers!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results