shape
carat
color
clarity

Exciting new pearl necklace project

syd

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone,

Here are some pictures of a pearl project in the works. The finished product will hopefully look something like this:

http://eretzelana.typepad.com/.a/6a00d83454775669e201156f6ab329970c-pi

What are your thoughts on the candidates for the white SS pearls and tahitian keshis? The beads I'm leaning towards are 3mm lazer cut beads (shown in gold with the yellow and white SS, but will be silver for this project). Any thoughts/comments/advice is welcome!

desai1.jpg

desai4.jpg

mnxb_close1.jpg

silver-keshi.jpg

syd

Shiny_Rock
Here is a comparison photo of the SS necklace with the keshi necklace.

desai2.jpg

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
I recognize the golden and white ss with bead necklace. It is one I have been drooling over for years. I want some of those bead in yellow gold. Is Jose doing your necklace for you? If so you are in good hands.

I have the beads in question in 18K white gold and they shimmer like diamonds between the pearls. Love them. They are in my Tahitian multi colored mixed size lariat.

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
I'm not real good at picturing things put together that are separate, but that finished pic in your first post looks delicious!

syd

Shiny_Rock
4Ranchgirl - yes I am working with Jose. I've worked with him before with great results, so I'm sure he'll make me something beautiful again. Regarding the beads, unfortunately my budget won't stretch far enough to get the beads in white gold, but Jose has a supplier that makes very similar beads in sterling silver. Do you think that 3 or 4mm beads will look best?

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Sid mine are 3mm 18Kt and they are tiny enough that they have been mistaken for diamonds. Jose is the nicest man. He does not have a showroom but his workroom is clsoe to where I live. The first time I met him was in a Chineese takeout resturant inside a grocery store. He arrives in shorts with a briefcase filled with wonderful pearls. Each time I would be a different place. Here is a picture of mine which he added both pearls and gold spacers as well as rearranged the pearls. His designer has a very good eye so I would trust her advice.

Your necklace is going to be wonderful. Can't wait to see it finished.

pgp_12_p_2.jpg

alice87

Shiny_Rock
Nice pearls! The corrugated - silver (?) gold (?) bead looks more appropriate in size to me. I think the smaller one is just too small. And the one matte-caviar looking is kind of too much, and not fitted well with the pearls. Pearls are great! I love the color and shape! Good luck with your project! Please post pics when you are done!

syd

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for your input. Jose said he will send me pictures with 3mm and 4mm mock ups. The design will be:

SS pearl + tiny bead + 3 or 4mm bead + tiny bead + keshi+ tiny bead etc

I agree the matte bead is way too large, however it is available in the smaller sizes. My favourite is the laser cut design which is shown in yellow gold.

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
I can't tell for sure from Elana's picture because it is blurry to me. You are going for non-monotone look, correct? The SS is whiter than the keshi which has a bluish silver overtone to me. I look forward to seeing more picture when Jose adds the beads.

c langston

Shiny_Rock
I really do like the Silver Tahitian Keshi I'm sitting here glued to that picture. Very nice I can't wait to see your finished project.

c

meredeth11

Shiny_Rock
Both of them are cute, but I prefer the SS necklace. I made a pearl jewelry too by following the making tutorial online, I didn't take photo of it, but it is almost the same as the photo on http://www.pandahall.com , but my pearl necklace is in red color. diy-necklaces--bib-chunky-pearl-necklace1.jpg

Pattye

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Syd,

Mostly I have to temporarily string the pearls and beads together on a wire to see how they look and try the different combinations and sizes. Love your SS and the keshi, I know you will find the perfect combination for you!

AnnaGraceDreamPearls

Rough_Rock
Trade
Your ss off round and Tahitian Keshi or baroque are very beautiful in terms of quality. For a cleaner, simpler (less busy), more elegant look from a product designer's view point, you can put the gold or crystal beads irregularly a few of them lesser on the chain (what i mean is like 6 to 7 pearls then one bead, then 3 to 4 pearls of different shapes,then a bead etc instead of adding a bead after every 3 to 4 pearls), and inter-mix irregularly with the SS off round & baroque pearls on the chain. Because you are showcasing the luster and beauty of pearls to shine the most, and you want the beads to add just enough accents to complement the pearls. Hope you don't mind my suggestion. I do that for my customers on special order like this too. Thank you for sharing your beautiful jewelry.

AnnaGraceDreamPearls

Rough_Rock
Trade
Your self-made pearl ribbon chain is very good looking & elegant ! They look like lace pearls with an antique look. I like it a lot. Thank you for sharing your beautiful necklace.

AmandaK

Rough_Rock
Both of your necklaces are beautiful, and I prefer white SS pearls for I love white pearl.

syd

Shiny_Rock
Thank you for all your suggestions. Anna, your suggestion sounds great, but I'm having trouble visualizing it. Can you share a picture of such a necklace you've made for a client?

Here's a picture of the two different silver bead sizes. In this picture the larger bead looks better. What do all of you think?

I've also asked Jose if he can intersperse a few Keshi to get a full visual.

salome-beads.jpg

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
syd -- I agree, the larger beads look better. Those silver keshi are mesmerizingly beautiful, like chunks of silver!

syd

Shiny_Rock
Here's a mockup of the keshi and SS with the 4mm beads. I'm going with the 4mm. Can't wait to see it in person. I'm hoping there's enough pearls to have a 35" necklace and a bracelet.

salome-mockup-rear.jpg

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
syd, that is just beautiful! I'm looking forward to seeing the finished product.

jenncent

Shiny_Rock
Trade
This is so amazingly beautiful!!! I have not seen Tahitian keshi that colour before, but I am certainly lusting after them now.

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! Your necklace is going to be absolutely gorgeous! Looking forward to the photos of your finished strand :twirl:

jenncent

Shiny_Rock
Trade
May I ask who Jose is? I am *hoping* there is a website with lots of pearl goodness to look at....

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
jenncent|1370640348|3461146 said:
May I ask who Jose is? I am *hoping* there is a website with lots of pearl goodness to look at....

Indeed, he does have a web site with pearly eye candy. www.tahitianpearls.biz

I purchased a pair of Tahitian pearl studs from Jose and love them. Like many vendors, he has more inventory than what is shown, so it is always worth a call if you have something specific in mind.

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Syd, I am madly in love with your example link. I want to copycat it! Please post your necklace when it's finished, preferably with neck shots! :love:

jenncent

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Thank you so much! Now my night is planned out for me, once I get the children to bed. :D

syd

Shiny_Rock
Lol, I'm glad I'm not the only one spending my nights browsing pearly websites!

I will definitely post pics when I get the necklace!

syd

Shiny_Rock
Here are some pictures of the almost finished necklace and a matching bracelet. I'm still thinking about the bracelet design and type of clasp. Any thoughts, suggestions? I wasn't sure about the lariat style of the necklace. Wondering whether I should just have it made in a regular opera style.

desai-necklace.jpg

desai-bracelet.jpg

desai-necklace-alt.jpg

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
This is turning out beautifully! I'm not quite getting how the lariat would work. How is the necklace being held together to make the "Y"? Is it possible to have the option of wearing the necklace as a lariat OR an opera length strand? You must be very excited!

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Syd I love my lariat. At first I was not sure if I would wear it all that much. A suggestion I would make is dead center of the back you might have a special pearl added then you can turn it around with the drop in the back at the neck. Play with it awhile to see what you think. I still want the golden and white ss one like yours.

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
Syd I can't believe how lovely your pearls have turned out! I want a set just like yours :appl: :appl: :appl: I love the lariat style and would definitely stick with it. I'd take the advice of 4ranchgirl she definitely knows her pearls :wavey: I think a toggle clasp for the bracelet would be lovely.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results