shape
carat
color
clarity

Excited about new blue topaz!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jjdav

Shiny_Rock
After admiring your lovely asscher stones, I just had to have one too, I reached out to Doug Menadue after seeing the stones he had available online to see if he had any available in the size I wanted... He didn''t but was able to cut one for me in less than three days!
36.gif
Doug was very patient and just great to communicate with, attached are some pictures he sent me of the stone taken in natural light.

jjdav201a.jpg

jjdav

Shiny_Rock
More...

jjdav201c.jpg

jjdav

Shiny_Rock
Just one more...

jjdav201d.jpg

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
Pretty.

DistinctionJewelry

Shiny_Rock
Trade
*drool*

I love blue topaz, and that''s gorgeous! Makes me want a precision cut one myself!

Burberrygirl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/17/2010 8:20:50 PM
Author: DistinctionJewelry
*drool*

I love blue topaz, and that's gorgeous! Makes me want a precision cut one myself!
LOL, I actually said drool out loud when I saw your pictures! Beautiful!!

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
It''s lovely, and I think it''s cool that he mines these himself. What are the dimensions?

blithesome71

Shiny_Rock
Nice color for a natural blue topaz. Exquisite piece. Congrats
5.gif

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Looks gorgeous! I did basically the same thing...after finding out that the Asscher I wanted from Peter Torraca was already bought, I got in his cutting queue. It will be a prasiolite - can''t wait to see how it turns out!

jjdav

Shiny_Rock
Thanks everyone, the stone is 7mm and around 2.5cts. I was really pleased with the speed and frequency of responses. He was really forthcoming with helpful information and clearly enjoys his work. He actually took two sets of pictures for me because he felt the lighting could be better.

All of the PS''ers have really opened my eyes to all the pretties, I had two pieces done this year already, one by JTK and another by a different Etsy artisan.... So bad... Maybe I''ll ask hubby to set this one for me
31.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty.

nellen

Rough_Rock
jjdav, have you got setting plans for the lovely blue topaz asscher? I''m curious of how you are going to set it because I also bought a blue asscher topaz from Doug, the second one on the sold topaz page, #186, http://www.bespoke-gems.com/SacredGeometrics_Gemstones_TopazBlue_Sold.php

I was thinking about getting it bezel set but so far I don''t have good ideas for the setting. This is my first gemstone purchase and I''m a bit clueless as how to set it so I''m keen to see/hear your ideas for the lovely stone.

haagen_dazs

Brilliant_Rock
jjdav
you have a very beautiful gemstone in your avatar
is it a blue sapphire /
what are the specs on it?

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty jjdav!

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous! Doug''s great isn''t he? His cutting is superb.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous! I love the combination of the blue color and the mesmerizing steps.

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Doug is so great to work with!
36.gif

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
GREAT looking stone both color and cut. Looks like PS is starting an Asscher stampede! Congrats!!
36.gif

jjdav

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/22/2010 3:47:23 PM
Author: nellen
jjdav, have you got setting plans for the lovely blue topaz asscher? I''m curious of how you are going to set it because I also bought a blue asscher topaz from Doug, the second one on the sold topaz page, #186, http://www.bespoke-gems.com/SacredGeometrics_Gemstones_TopazBlue_Sold.php

I was thinking about getting it bezel set but so far I don''t have good ideas for the setting. This is my first gemstone purchase and I''m a bit clueless as how to set it so I''m keen to see/hear your ideas for the lovely stone.

Hi Nellen, good question, I had a few thoughts. First I thought perhaps making it into a simple pendant, but I quickly scratched that idea because I think I''d prefer to be able to stare at it whenever I want to! Hehe... That leaves rings, I think a bezel would be great to protect the stone, but I think perhaps a half bezel will let in more light... Then I saw Kenny''s ring, set in a modified tension setting and it was brilliant! I''ll let the experts and the more creative members chime in as whether it''s doable.

I think your stone is beautiful, perhaps you can first decide whether you want a slender or a chunkier design. Are you willing to work with vendors online? I''ve had some great Etsy experiences and I like the idea of supporting small business
9.gif

cheers

jjdav

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/22/2010 4:48:37 PM
Author: haagen_dazs
jjdav

you have a very beautiful gemstone in your avatar

is it a blue sapphire /

what are the specs on it?

Good eye Mark, it''s an untreated Ceylon sapphire in a mixed octagonal cut, 1.79ct, very slight inclusions. Sorry I don''t remember the exact dimensions
5.gif

jjdav

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/22/2010 5:33:21 PM
Author: Porridge
Gorgeous! Doug''s great isn''t he? His cutting is superb.

Sure is, his emails makes me miss Australia
12.gif

jjdav

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/22/2010 5:21:57 PM
Author: Catmom
Very pretty jjdav!
Thank you! I love your sapphire!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
J, I think it''s very pretty! I waited to comment on it until I got home to my laptop and could view it with a screen that seems to make colors more saturated! My work monitor makes all these gorgeous colored stones a little washed out. That said, I love your blue topaz, the cut is really nice and the color is very very pretty1!!
36.gif

nellen

Rough_Rock
Date: 2/23/2010 3:26:28 AM
Author: jjdav
Date: 2/22/2010 3:47:23 PM

Author: nellen

Hi Nellen, good question, I had a few thoughts. First I thought perhaps making it into a simple pendant, but I quickly scratched that idea because I think I''d prefer to be able to stare at it whenever I want to! Hehe... That leaves rings, I think a bezel would be great to protect the stone, but I think perhaps a half bezel will let in more light... Then I saw Kenny''s ring, set in a modified tension setting and it was brilliant! I''ll let the experts and the more creative members chime in as whether it''s doable.

I think your stone is beautiful, perhaps you can first decide whether you want a slender or a chunkier design. Are you willing to work with vendors online? I''ve had some great Etsy experiences and I like the idea of supporting small business
9.gif

cheers

Your stone is beautiful, too. This is almost like complementing my own stone since our stones are so alike, they''re just amazing
9.gif

I thought a full bezel would protect the stone since I was thinking about setting the stone into a ring. I had in mind something slender, petite and feminine but no ideas of what that would be exactly. I was thinking about contacting Sally in Hearts of Water to see if she could come up with something so I''m very open to Etsy vendors.

Sorry for the thread hijack but I just could not help myself when I saw you had purchased a similar stone from Doug and wanted to know if you had any ideas on how to set it. I have to start my own blue topaz asscher thread when I receive the stone and can give pictures of the lovely creation in order to get setting ideas and vendor recommendations.

Deia

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Beautiful stone, very peaceful looking :)

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nice stone. Don''t know Doug but he surely did a good job for you.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lovely asscher!!! I''ll be interested to see how you choose to set it!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results