Exchange for larger diamond?

Keep or exchange?

• Be happy with your current diamond and keep it

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Exchange for the bigger diamond

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/13/2007 6:21:16 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
Well, do they have the F stone in-house now and did they take idealscope pictures for you? Seriously, most of us here would not take the F stone without them at least making the idealscope picture. I''d want to see the cert, too. The G stone looks very close to hearts and arrows, and it has all the info to confirm it.

(ETA: I am not trying to scare you, but that is a lot of money not to have more information on the stone than is given on that link. Will they give the upgrade policy on the F diamond?)
DS, I agree that caution is a great thing, but it''s important to note that it''s not a travesty to buy a brokered stone either as long as 1) the vendor inspects it first and gives a thumbs up, and 2) is willing to stand behind trade-in.

If WF brings in a stone that is AGS or GIA and it meets their approval, then it''s absolutely eligible for trade-up. Their trade-up policy doesn''t require that it be sourced from exclusive inventory; only that it has grading report from one of those two labs and meets their standards.

HE: Nice choice. I''d have voted for the F stone as well.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/14/2007 1:32:47 AM
Author: aljdewey

Date: 12/13/2007 6:21:16 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
Well, do they have the F stone in-house now and did they take idealscope pictures for you? Seriously, most of us here would not take the F stone without them at least making the idealscope picture. I''d want to see the cert, too. The G stone looks very close to hearts and arrows, and it has all the info to confirm it.

(ETA: I am not trying to scare you, but that is a lot of money not to have more information on the stone than is given on that link. Will they give the upgrade policy on the F diamond?)
DS, I agree that caution is a great thing, but it''s important to note that it''s not a travesty to buy a brokered stone either as long as 1) the vendor inspects it first and gives a thumbs up, and 2) is willing to stand behind trade-in.

If WF brings in a stone that is AGS or GIA and it meets their approval, then it''s absolutely eligible for trade-up. Their trade-up policy doesn''t require that it be sourced from exclusive inventory; only that it has grading report from one of those two labs and meets their standards.

HE: Nice choice. I''d have voted for the F stone as well.
Yep, I was just asking those questions to be sure since the site had no cert, no pictures, or anything on that stone.
1.gif

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
Laaaaaaahhhhhh. My tongue just fell out of my head. I think it''s drop dead gorgeous and the size will be very, very nice on her size 8 finger (same size as mine). Anyway, if she doesn''t want it, you can send it to me, LOL!

HEPennypacker

Rough_Rock
So I got the ring today
36.gif
. It looks great in person! Here are some pics. I feel much more comfortable and satisfied with this purchase than I did with my bluenile one. Thanks to everyone for all of your help! I plan to propose on New Year''s Eve.

WhiteflashPost.JPG

HEPennypacker

Rough_Rock
The ring is a size 8, but I have large hands. Here it is on my pinky.

Hand1Post.JPG

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Woohoo!
36.gif

Fantastic! Looks great!
30.gif
You should be quite proud of yourself
16.gif
for being so diligent and making the best choice for you and your gf.

Good luck with your proposal ... I hope you knock her socks off!
36.gif

Please let us know how it goes ... I''m sure it will be a good story.

HappyFish

Rough_Rock
Wow, stunning! Do you mind telling me the name of the setting?

HEPennypacker

Rough_Rock
Date: 12/19/2007 4:35:37 PM
Author: HappyFish
Wow, stunning! Do you mind telling me the name of the setting?

It''s just their basic Tiffany-style six-prong setting.

http://www.whiteflash.com/Engagement-Rings/Styles/Solitaire/6-Prong-tiffany-style_993.htm

I don''t mean to harp on bluenile, but I think whiteflash has them beat in their basic 6-prong setting as well. That said, I''m planning to let the FF pick out whatever setting she wants. I personally like the Mark Morrell (sp?), but of course, it''s her opinion that matters, and I don''t feel nearly as comfortable picking out the setting as I did with the diamond.

HEPennypacker

Rough_Rock
Jane Burke of gtcreations.com also just e-mailed me a picture of the ring box I had custom-made. It came out even better than I had hoped
36.gif

BoxPost.JPG

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh how lovely! The diamond is a knock out, there''s an upgrade policy, and that box is just so special.

You gf is a lucky lady. Please let us know what setting you decide on!

peridot83

Shiny_Rock
I am very impressed with the time and consideration you took to put this together (you actually remembered things she said in passing!). The ring is amazing, and she''s going to love it =)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results