shape
carat
color
clarity

Excellent Symmetry on GIA but low HCA Score

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cbudianto

Rough_Rock
I''ve been looking at a lot of diamond in the past month and found this diamond which is GIA certified. From the certification the table and depth are within the Ideal Cut parameters. But when I got the Sarin Report numbers, the HCA scored pretty bad. But the GIA certificate has a very good polish and an excellent symmetry. So now I''m confused
20.gif
? Is this diamond ideal or not?

This is the sarin report number.

Diam: 9.56 ( 9.54-9.58 x 5.89)
Depth: 61.6%
Crown: 33.8 13.6%
Pavilion: 43.1 44.1% 1
Table: 5.52mm 57.7% 1
Culet: 0.3% None 0
Girdle 1.2% ( 0.3-2.3) %

Any advice would be appreciated.

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
This stone is slightly outside the parameters of an ideal cut stone and would more properly be considered a premium cut by many.

While the crown angle is within the parameters of the ideal cut stone, the crown is a little shallow the pavilion angle is too steep and the pavilion is too deep. This stone will look nice, but not when seen next to a truly well cut diamond. The table is also just over the edge of the 57% that most consider the limit, although feel it should be at 57.5%

Wink

solange

Brilliant_Rock
I posted this question on another thread and did not get any response. Since it is related to the above topic I am posting it here too.

I have a RB with a depth 59.9 and table 56. The crown angle is 34.2 and the pavillion angle is 40.7. The crown height is 14.4. However the girdle is medium to thick on the GIA and Sl. thick (1.8) on the OGI. Would the thickness of the girdle affect the HCA score? Does this fall in the Ideal cut range or is the thicker girdle a detrimental factor?

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
You also have very poor scan data - 14.4% crown height with a 56% table must have a 33.2 crown angle.
\Or if the crown angle is correct the table size is 58.1%.

The girdle thickness can be measured at the valley or thin part and 1.8% would be extremely thin.
1.8% at the thick bezel juntion on the girdle is medium to slightly thick border. Your stone is shallow and the angles are not - so I suggest you get an appraiser to check the data.

Also Ogi is the least reliable scanner of the 3 on the market.

The data stinks.
I think if you have a stone with those GIA #''s then your stone is likely to have a low crown and low pavilion angle.

Something is fishy

solange

Brilliant_Rock
The Sarin is as follows:

GIA Graded
Depth 59.9
Table 56.7
Crown angle 34.3
pav. angle 40.6
crown height 14.7
girdle medium
culet pointed
AGS proportion grade 0

This is the information I got from the Pricescope vendor. Is this still way off?

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Solange this stone is completely different to your previous data. It should be very beautiful.

It makes a nice DiamCalc image.
The other proportions were impossible for a closed 3D object.

solange

Brilliant_Rock
Garry,
Thank you for your efforts. The first set of numbers was from the OGI. I guess the Sarin is more accurate. Anyway I am very relieved. You are a great asset to this Forum and I appreciate your frank and open way of telling it as it is. Your input is of great help to so many confused buyers like myself.

And of course I am very relieved to find that my stone was as described by the pricescope vendor.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results