shape
carat
color
clarity

Excellent experience w/J.A. jewelers

MissMolly

Rough_Rock
Hello: Just wanted to add my experience here regarding James Allen Jewelers.
Here is my story: I''d originally hoped to buy my diamond locally from a small jeweler here in the Nashville area. I''d done much reading on this site, and had a definite idea of the specs I wanted my diamond to have. I called around to every local jeweler/diamond broker in the area, and finally found a local jeweler who had a diamond that met my criteria...and also discovered a $1500.00 difference between this diamond and diamonds that had come up when I''d searched on this site.
After reading many forums and reviews here, I finally decided to buy a diamond from James Allen. The reps there were VERY helpful and EXTREMELY patient with my questions. I think I called them about 3 times before the actual sale. After I''d found THE diamond, they emailed many photos and (upon my request) actually took the diamond out and answered specific questions over the phone while viewing the diamond through a loop. I spent a couple of days ''on the fence'', not quite ready to make such a large purchase without seeing the diamond myself, and was heartbroken the next day when THE diamond came up as ''unavailable'' in my search. I did manage to find a similar one a couple of days later (not exactly what I''d wanted but close), and when I called to inquire about it, I learned that the 1st diamond WAS available: They had taken it off the search engine in case I wanted to purchase it(!). I was SO thrilled. I purchased the diamond online, then anxiously awaited the arrival of the Fedex truck (the next day). The diamond arrived beautifully packaged in a very large box with lots of padding; the diamond itself presented in a ring-like metal holder w/prongs holding the edges of the stone. It is exactly as described. When I took it to the appraiser, she was very impressed (especially when I told her what I paid). She also mentioned she doesn''t generally trust online jewelry retailers but had heard many great things about James Allen and liked the quality she had seen in other clients'' purchases from them.
In conclusion, I HIGHLY recommend James Allen. I also recommend emailing or talking with their people on the phone with any questions/concerns, they are very responsive and attentive. I definitely plan to purchase from James Allen in the future.

ameronica

Rough_Rock
I got my ring from James Allen as well and have only positive things to say about them.
I looked around for months after my husband said I could upgrade my engagement ring. At first I was looking at www.bluenile.com and other sites but I did not like the idea of not seeing the stone I would be buying because they only provided "sample" images of diamonds. James Allen provides REAL pictures of the diamonds. I looked through and found the perfect stone and the perfect setting. The people were very nice. When my shipping date changed by a day they emailed me asking if I needed it a certain day or time (they are very good with delivering when YOU need it, like if you are a man not wanting it delivered when your girlfriend is home). My ring came in a large box, with my ring in a ring box, my appraisal papers, my receipt and my GIA certificate. One of my favorite things from JA is that they have an upgrade policy and free cleaning,prong tightening,and rhodium finishing for life. I am very impressed with the quality of my ring and how much it had been appraised for. We paid $1875 for it and it got appraised for $2600.

platinumtangerine

Rough_Rock
I can't say enough nice things about James Allen.

I looked through price-scope, found something I like at JA, finality thought I made a decision, and then upgraded not once but three times after selecting a stone DURING that purchase - JA was extremely helpful and allowed my last minute changes with no hassle whatsoever.

After purchase, I had my diamond independently appraised: All was exactly as described. Appraisal for insurance purposes (means it was inflated . . . but still . . .) was literally twice the purchase price.

Recently, a change in my financial situation caused me to ask JA for an offer on a return of the diamond. Their offer was double what I could find at a local diamond exchange, even though I was asking to return the diamond almost three years after purchase.

Most retailers will be awesome until you make a purchase (I'm not talking about the other diamond retailers on pricescope - just retailers in general - I don't have experience with other diamond retailers and note that many of them have great reviews on this site). James Allen customer service is as good as it gets - even though I was asking about a return and not a trade-in.

I've made a lot of stupid decisions in my life - buying a diamond from James Allen was not one of them. I've dealt with many different businesses and organizations. The people and the service at JA just can't be beat. Not by anyone.

For those nervous about buying diamonds on the internet, rest assured, there are excellent diamond retailers on the web. I would recommend James Allen to anyone. I think I'm in love, lol.

It is no small thing that I am taking the time to write these comments. If I wasn't truly blown away by the customer service, I would not be writing.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results