shape
carat
color
clarity

Excellent buying experience from Barry Bridgestock - vivid deep pink/purple sapphire...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

haagen_dazs

Brilliant_Rock
HI all!

First a big thank you to all in this coloured forum =)
I was making my first coloured gem purchase online and I was very nervous about it. I had so many questions and all of you have been so patient with me.

You can read about my hunt for the pink sapphire here.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/where-to-find-smaller-size-1ct-pink-or-purple-sapphires.127923/

Anyways I eventually bought this wonderful sparkling pink sapphire/ruby from Barry Brigestock. http://www.acstones.com/

I realized that colour can be so so subjective so this is how I would describe it =)

It was cut by Barbara Smigel and this gemstone was mined in Sri Lanka.

A 0.88ct vivid and very deep saturated pink/purple sapphire/ruby.

A beautiful purplish pink sapphirish look in daylight or pinkish purple ruby in incandescent light.
This 88pt guy catches some light from INSIDE the body of stone and just sparkles in the right situation! =) Pink flashes!

I even took the stone to NSC and compared it with some of the gemstones there. The GG at NSC said that it was a very deep saturated and vivid sapphire.
It would be called a ruby in Asia.
Even Barry said it would be a ruby in Asia (I don’t know why but i like the word ruby ...its a mind thing =p)

I compared it to a few other pink sapphires (side by side) but what I like about this is that it catches and throws out pink flashes from inside of the deep colour stone. That’s a cool thing.

I set the cushion trillion in a simple white gold pendant with rabbit ears (Yekutiel at ID Jewelry in NYC - excellent service. searched for the most appropriate setting and helped me get it all done efficiently. thumbs up) and presented it to my gf for her birthday. She really loves the colour of it =)

Barry has been fantastic to work with. He answers all emails very promptly and explained alot of things to be to help me be comfortable with my first gem purchase. I highly recommend him if you do find something you like in his inventory. His photos do represent what the real thing is like in real life =)

I am attaching some photos. They are not the best because I took them after presenting the gift to my gf. I will try to take better photos the next time

Ps. I would love a larger precious gem stone!! ! However the price increases exponentially. Anyways I am on the hunt for another possible pendant for her Christmas present! She likes this size which will allows her to wear it on a daily basis. That’s a good thing.

IMG_2609.jpg

haagen_dazs

Brilliant_Rock

IMG_2669.jpg

haagen_dazs

Brilliant_Rock
vendor photo

S-4557B.jpg.JPG

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks lovely! Are you looking for another pink pendant for Christmas?

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love that Pink!
36.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Love the pink and EVERYONE knows that I love Barry!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty sapphire. While you have a great testomonial for Barry, I think this thread is a great testomonial for Pricescope. You ask a lot of questios, learn a lot, and end up with a great value!! Congratulations, it looks lovely around your gf''s neckline.

mousey

Shiny_Rock
O my Gosh- that is beautiful! You are such a lovely BF- I just love how you spent so much time and effort trying to get your GF something nice. I wonder if I could put you in touch with mine.... Perhaps you could give tutorials!

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! What a gorgeous pink! Love the shape of the cut too!!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
36.gif
Great stone! thats a fantastic color!

-A

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m so happy that everything worked out well; you did your research, found the right stone and she’s happy with the end result. It couldn’t have been better.

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
That''s a lovely pendant. You did really well!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous, love that color pink.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely pink! I hope your g/f enjoys wearing it.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Pretty in pink! You did a really good job!

AustenNut

Brilliant_Rock
Very pretty! I think I might need you to give my boyfriend tutorials too! The pendant looks beautiful on her, and you did a great job picking it out. Thanks for sharing!

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Lovely pendant!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Well done. That is a lovely pendant. Most of us start small, and I know that my first stones were not nearly as pretty as this one is. Very, very pretty.

36.gif

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Such a beautiful pink pendant!! Your GF is a lucky person!!

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
I have always admired that sapphire, it is nice to see it set. You did a very nice job and I am sure your GF is thrilled.

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/9/2009 12:08:07 PM
Author: haagen_dazs
vendor photo

S-4557B.jpg.JPG
What a gorgeous shade of pink!!!
30.gif
30.gif

It almost glows on my computer screen.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
That is beyond beautiful, and I"m so happy you had such a lovely first gemstone buying experience!

haagen_dazs

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you all for your encouragement!
I managed to do this because of ALL of YOU!!
My gf is very happy with it.
I wanted it to be precious stone (its a mind thing) because its a big milestone bday

I really enjoy reading stuff in the coloured gemstone forums.
I spent 2 months + in the rockytalk and I am quite saturated from the technical talk there
I like the technical stuff but i enjoy the artistic stuff alot more (alot more artistic talk in this forum)

haagen_dazs

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/9/2009 12:11:49 PM
Author: MakingTheGrade
It looks lovely! Are you looking for another pink pendant for Christmas?

haha maybe i will try something else.
i want something more sizable..
i have been deciding on a larger amethyst from AJS
i am still deciding (pull hair from head) and wondering how i can best use about 300usd
the i am attracted to the AJS stone because of the concave cut which i hope will make it sparkly..
i am still thinking hard .
20.gif

I think thats the problem when i get very technical and analyze every decision.

Edit: i wonder for all those who posted and responded, are any of you MALES?

AustenNut

Brilliant_Rock
Mark, sorry but I''m a female. But, have you posted your vendor shot vs your pictures in the vendor comparison thread? It''s a sticky at the top of the page.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think the only males on the forum are MaRe and MoreCarats. Steve is also male but I have not seen him for a while. Same with ColorMyWorld. As for cutters, all are males with the exception of Lisa Elsner.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is beautiful Mark! What a nice gift to give your girlfriend!

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
It's gorgeous! Amazing colour, and it looks beautiful on her neck!

ETA I love your question threads! I learn so much!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
haagen- you certainly did a great job on choosing your first stone (and in choosing Barry haha). That color is just gorgeous! Your gf must be thrilled; lucky girl! Too bad my hubby doesn''t have your taste; he is too worried about my picky taste to ever choose anything for me on his own.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results