shape
carat
color
clarity

Excel/Superbcert replica of Tiffany''s channel set e-ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Chooch

Rough_Rock

I''ve been looking at e-rings with my gf and we both decided that we loved Tiffany''s solitare with channel set diamonds. I refuse, like many, to pay for something so outrageously overpriced at Tiffany''s and came across the duplicate that excel diamonds/superbcert makes. Has anyone bought this ring? If so, are you satisfied with it or have any opinions? Thanks! I''ll try to post the picture of it below, but who knows if it''s gonna work because this is my first post, hehe.

I have been lurking for awhile and have gotten some awesome information from this site. Thanks everyone!

Chooch

tiffering1.jpg

Daniela

Brilliant_Rock
I know of several people who have bought the plain band version and been very happy, but I can''t recall if anyone has bought the channel set version. If the craftsmanship is similar, then it''s probably lovely.

Anyone seen one of these floating around here?

Chooch

Rough_Rock
Anyone got something for me? Thanks again.

k-rock

Rough_Rock
Hello all,
First time poster, but had the same question as this Chooch. Love this ring, hate the price. Has anyone tried it from Superbcert?

Still learning!

Kyle

Chooch

Rough_Rock
So, we actually wound up buying this setting from Superbcert and it looks awesome. Haven't compared it side by side with the original, but I doubt I'd be able to tell a difference. If you really like this setting I think it's a great choice. I would definitely buy it again if I had to do it over. Let me know if you have any questions.

Chooch

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m sure it is a beautiful ring. Do you have any hand shots for us?

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
very cool cooch, we would love to see some pictures
1.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chooch,

I am also considering this setting or the plain setting like this. I am wondering whether you sent your diamond to them to set or whether you ordered the setting and then had someone local to set it. I''d love to see the pictures as well! Thanks!

k-rock

Rough_Rock
Whiteflash has this setting also. Has anyone bought this ring from them? Only reason I ask is because it sells about $600 cheaper. Is there a difference in quality when it comes to Whiteflash v Superbcert/ Excel?

k-rock

Rough_Rock
Any suggestions on Whiteflash v Excel Superbcert?

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
I don''t think that you can go wrong with the quality on either. I had a ring made by Whiteflash, and I love it. The quality is excellent.

shay

Chooch

Rough_Rock
Hey guys, sorry it took so long to respond, haven''t checked this site lately.

I bought the diamond from good old gold and sent it to excel in NY, where they set it themselves. I thought this was an easy way to do it, since they know their ring best.

As far as excel vs. whiteflash I do have an opinion. When we were originally looking at Tiffany''s channel set solitare in the stores, we noticed that there were 2 different styles, only slightly different though. One is a true channel setting, the other is a bead setting. The one from Excel is a replica of the CHANNEL SETTING:

http://www.exceldiamonds.com/-Engagement-Rings-5/Solitaire-With-Diamond-Accent-Engagement-Rings-12/Tiffany-Ring-Channel-Diamond-Engagement-Ring-In-6-Prong-Platinum-963.html

The one from Whiteflash (unless there is another that I haven''t seen) is a BEAD SETTING:

http://www.whiteflash.com/Engagement-Rings/Styles/Diamond-Settings/Tiffany-Bead-Set-Solitaire_953.htm

When we compared the bead setting to the channel setting in the store, we both liked the channel setting better, but that''s a style thing. And actually, when I first noticed the subtle difference b/w them at Tiffany''s, I pointed at the two different rings and asked the salesman what was different about them. He said "oh there''s no difference in the setting." But when we both looked closer he was like "oh, wow, I never knew we had two different styles, they look so similar." I hadn''t known either until I really started looking closely at them, but I was surprised that the SALESMAN didn''t even know. I think they stopped making the bead setting and now only make the true channel set. Anyway, that''s just another thing to consider when choosing b/w whiteflash and excel. You might wanna stop in a Tiffany''s that has them both and compare them first.

I don''t have great pictures yet but will post them soon!

Hope that helps.

Chooch

WestsideLisa

Rough_Rock
So funny that this came up, as it''s exactly what I''ve been going through. I also found that Whiteflash did not have this style of ring (plain channel set...not a bead set). The do have a channel set in the X-prong style, and Debi was trying to get me some good pictures of it...but she disappeared in the past week or so. I think the Valentine''s Day rush is taking it''s toll!

I would love to see pictures of Chooch''s ring!

Type_S_Maniac

Rough_Rock
I ordered a channel set ring from Whiteflash just last week. Basically, they are going to be using the "Platinum .5ct Cathedral Ring" on their website and have it tapered to a thinner width in the back. I really liked the one at Excel/Superbcert but found this one to be a lot cheaper. I will post pics of mine once they e-mail me but heres some shots of a ring with a marquise stone (i think?) they sold recently.......

RyanManns_1.jpg

k-rock

Rough_Rock
Thanks for that info Chooch. I think I''m going to go with the Excel setting also. That was some real value added info!

Can''t wait to see pics of your ring.

Chooch

Rough_Rock
Here are some pics, finally!

chooch1.jpg

Chooch

Rough_Rock
another

chooch2.jpg

Chooch

Rough_Rock
the hand shot

chooch3.jpg

Chooch

Rough_Rock
more

chooch4.jpg

Chooch

Rough_Rock
more

chooch5.jpg

Chooch

Rough_Rock

chooch6.jpg

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Chooch, it''s just breathtaking. I love it and it looks great on your hand!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Chooch

Rough_Rock

chooch7.jpg

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is a beautiful ring, Chooch! I love anything sleek and elegant such as that setting. (Well, I love intricate and complex, as well, but anyway...!) I think you made a great choice!
36.gif

Chooch

Rough_Rock
another angle, not as great of a picture though

chooch8.jpg

Chooch

Rough_Rock

chooch9.jpg

Chooch

Rough_Rock

chooch10.jpg

Chooch

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the compliments. I hope these pics help. Sorry it took me so long to get these out, I''ve been crazy busy during the last few months. Both my fiance and I are med students doing our internal medicine rotation, so we haven''t been doing much but sleeping outside of the hospital. Anyway, we both love the ring and are completely happy with it. Excel did a great job.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Chooch

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it is one of my favorites! It''s gorgeous! Can you tell us about the diamond? I''d like to have the perspective of what size it is in that setting. And what will you use for a wedding band?

Chooch

Rough_Rock
Sure...

So the diamond is a 1.10 F SI1 (diameter was 6.64 mm) that I bought from Good Old Gold. We''re incredibly happy with the stone, it looks absolutely amazing. And I actually pretty much went to all of the Tiffany stores within a few hundred miles over the 5 or 6 months before buying this ring, trying to decided what the perfect size stone should be. Whenever I was in a city with a Tiff store I would stop in. In the end, I think I got it right...it looks perfect on her hand, and she loves it.
10.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results