shape
carat
color
clarity

Everything is happening so fast...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Diamond_Virgin

Rough_Rock

Hi everyone,

I've been absent for a while, as I’ve been playing the waiting game. I waited for my diamond purchase to go though; I waited for setting to ship from Wink; I waited for my setting to ship from me to Whiteflash; And at last the waiting is almost over. I sent the setting to Whiteflash last Friday, they received it yesterday, and they have already resized it, set the stone, and are shipping it to me! It should be arriving on Friday.

I can’t say enough good things about how professional, helpful, and friendly both Lesley and Brian have been throughout this whole process. Also a huge thank you to Wink, Sheila, Melissa at Winfield’s for having the wonderful setting I wanted and getting it to me so quickly!

In addition to the ring arriving this Friday, we’re going to my gf’s parent’s house for her mom’s birthday on Saturday. It is then that I plan to ask her father’s permission for her hand, before popping the question one week later on Christmas Eve! Everything is so soon!

Anyway, I’m sure you’re all here for the pics, so allow me to oblige you. I don’t have many, only the ones that Lesley sent me, but as soon as I get a chance I will post more. (For those who followed along in my previous threads, I ended up changing my mind and going with a slightly smaller VS2 stone in order to have peace of mind about an inclusion).

Whiteflash Expert Selection
Round Ideal Cut
0.768 cts
Color: J
Clarity: VS2
Depth: 60.2
Table: 56.5
Crown Angle: 34.8
Pavilion Angle: 40.7
Girdle: Thin to Medium
Polish: Excellent
Symmetry: Ideal/Excellent
HCA: Ex-Ex-Ex-Ex

The stone:

DV_stone.jpg

Diamond_Virgin

Rough_Rock
And finally, the ring!

It''s a size 7 Vatche Royal Crown setting in 18k white gold from Wink:

DV_ring_WF2.jpg

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
Oh wow, it is absolutely beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
Great job!!!

Don''t forget to come back and post your proposal story & hand pics!
4.gif

Mimikins24

Shiny_Rock
The setting is beautiful --- very classic, but with a unique twist. Be sure to come back and tell us how the proposal went and provide the required hand pics!!! Best of luck!!!

jdhunter

Rough_Rock
Wow, cool setting. Did you design that, or find that online somewhere?

Very nice!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
That is one fantastic looking diamond and I love the sleek classy setting that you chose! Congratulations on your upcoming engagement!!!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Even though I voted for the other setting I totally LOVE the one you chose and want to go back and change my vote
2.gif
The Royal Crown is gorgeous and just looks fabulous with your stone. Please come back and post hand pics once you pop the question and good luck with the asking permission this weekend. Congrats on a job very well done.
36.gif

JDgirl

Shiny_Rock
Oh, it looks gorgeous!!! I cannot wait to see pics of it on her hand!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/14/2005 10:23:25 PM
Author: jdhunter
Wow, cool setting. Did you design that, or find that online somewhere?

Very nice!

JD- it''s the Vatche Royal Crown setting. It can be purchased through Wink Jones at Winfields or GoodoldGold also carries the line..

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh it''s a big WOW!!! Congratulations, she will love it. Good job!!!!
30.gif
36.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
it is a beautiful stone in a beautiful setting.

portoar

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, WOW! That ring is absolutely beautiful. Your GF will love it! So classy and elegant. Please don''t disappear on us now! We want to see the hand shots!

Diamond_Virgin

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the encouraging words everyone.

Mrssalvo, I''m glad that I changed your mind about the setting
2.gif
Also, I wanted to tell you, I absolutly love the pictures of your dog that you have as your avatar. Is he/she a yellow lab?

Portoar, no need to worry, I promise to post more pics of the ring as soon as I have them. And of course I''ll be back with handshots! Everyone here has been so helpful, it''s the least I can do
9.gif

--Eban

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/15/2005 1:09:39 AM
Author: Diamond_Virgin
Thanks for the encouraging words everyone.

Mrssalvo, I absolutly love the pictures of your dog that you have as your avatar. Is he/she a yellow lab?

--Eban

Thanks Eban. She really loves it when I dress her up
41.gif
She''s actually a mutt we adopted from a puppy adoption place owned by a local vet. However, though she has no papers, the Vet is pretty sure both her mama and papa were labs
9.gif

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
congrats eban!
36.gif
the ring looks great!

MiniMouse

Brilliant_Rock
WOW!!! What a beautiful ring and you did very well with the diamond - it''s beautiful. I think you''ve done fantastically well. Congratulations.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good Work, DV. Time to hang up the "Virgin" label and call yourself Diamond Casanova!!!

Can''t wait to see the hand pix! (I''m a size 10+, so 7 sounds dainty to me!!)

HeeBeeGB

Rough_Rock
Nice!
36.gif

Diamond_Virgin

Rough_Rock
Heh, decodelighted, with all the size 3.5''s around here it makes the size 7 I bought seem like a giant''s ring!

Mrssalvo, I''m going to have to try and find the picture we have of our doggie wearing the light-up reindeer antlers one Christmas. I wouldn''t say she was pleased with the situation, but she tolerated it long enough to take a picture
9.gif

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
DV, it looks gorgeous!!! I love that setting, very elegant. Good luck with the proposal and make sure to give us an update after!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results