shape
carat
color
clarity

Ever worry about HOW he''s going to propose?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

4ever

Ideal_Rock
For some reason I do.

BF has the ring (and has since feb) but has said he has a very specific and complecated plan for a proposal (He''s the hopeless romantic, I''m the realist) that apparently will be abit stressful for him because it involves alot of set up and aparently he plans to rope in my best friend to help.

That''s all the info I''ve squeezed out of him thus far and I''m abit worried. I worry he''ll to put so much effort into somthing I may not like, or spend too much money on it or stress himself out unessesarily or it will be very public and embaressing. Mostly I worry because I''m a MAJOR control freak (which is why I helped choose the ring) so not knowing what he''s going to do is KILLING me!
I know it''s just me being a control freak stress head and it''s his moment too and he should do it however he wants to and get all the kudos for putting in so much effort, but not knowing is making me really nervous and anxious.

Any one else ever worry about how he''ll propose?

vip0802

Brilliant_Rock
awww, don''t worry about it too much. i''m sure he knows you well enough to know if you don''t want a public proposal. either way, i''ll bet that you''ll be so caught up in the moment that it''ll be perfect! i understand how you feel though. i''m a bit anal retentive and have control issues too, but like you said, it''s his moment as well and not knowing is part of the fun.
2.gif

i don''t know if i''ve ever worried about how he''ll propose. i mean, i have thoughts on what would be a perfect proposal but i''m not expecting it...does that make sense? secretly, i''d want a sem-public proposal. semi-public as in i''d want my family and friends to share our moment...it''ll also save us from having to phone everyone too.
9.gif

HopeDream

Ideal_Rock
My BF threatened to propose with the ring on a hotdog
25.gif
bleh!

(I do like hotdogs, but the ring getting all ketchupy etc. yuck!)

Luckily my fingers are smaller than hotdogs, so there is no risk of him carrying it out.

I imagine that our BFs know us well enough to give us nice pleasant proposals.

mochamamasita

Shiny_Rock
I don''t worry about it too much because I''ve given him plenty of hints about the way that I DON''T want him to propose. So I''m pretty confident that he has an idea of the type of proposal that I DO want. If you''re worried, maybe you could give your boyfriend some tips...

MrsHToBe

Shiny_Rock
I wouldn''t quite call it ''worrying'', per se, but I really hopes he''s plans on doing something, rather than just giving me the ring, and asking. Don''t get me wrong, I don''t need any lavish set ups, or anything, but he''s not really the romantic type, so I have a feeling it''ll be kind of ho-hum.
40.gif
Of course, I''ll be over the moon, regardless.

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Haha I've actually never thought or worried about it! I'm really ridiculously thankful to have him as my SO, and he's done a million billion sweet things for me; I'm pretty sure I'll be ecstatic no matter when/where/how it happens.

I don't think its weird to worry though! Its a pretty big moment in your lives, I can understand looking forward to it for a long time.

NakedFinger

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/30/2009 12:39:09 PM
Author: MrsHToBe
I wouldn't quite call it 'worrying', per se, but I really hopes he's plans on doing something, rather than just giving me the ring, and asking. Don't get me wrong, I don't need any lavish set ups, or anything, but he's not really the romantic type, so I have a feeling it'll be kind of ho-hum.
40.gif
Of course, I'll be over the moon, regardless.
Ditto to everything you said.

He knows enough about me to know what I would and wouldnt like. I dont need anything public or insanely extravagant, and any way he does it I would say yes regardless. I just want some kind of plan. Not just handing me the ring and being like "ok we good?" LOL. I've told him a million times though, I care more about what he says, not what he does. More important to me is hearing the words (I dont want to have to read them on a billboard or something), having him telling me how he feels, etc. But as long as he doesnt completely half @$$ the proposal we'll be fine
2.gif

winelover23

Ideal_Rock
I'm not really nervous as long as he gets on one knee and uses the words "will you marry me" I'll be to the moon with excitement! Anything will top my first proposal from my thankfully ex-nothusbandmaterialaholejerkoff. He looked at me and said "if you still want to get married we can". You would have thought that would have been a sign...

Rough_Rock
To be honest, I don''t really worry about it at all. I guess because we have been together going on 6 years, and we already know we want to get married. We''ve talked about it so often that any proposal will do! I''m not really the romantic type, so a elaborate surprise won''t be necessary, just a heartfelt question, ending with a YES! hehe

katomm

Shiny_Rock
Yes and no. He''s such a laid back person that sometimes I think if he does it too casually I''ll be disappointed. Let''s put it this way.............he never actually asked me to move in. We were at my place one day and I was dusting the house and he said "Just think how clean the house would be if we lived together." This was his way of asking me to live with him.

At other times I think if he goes too over the top it won''t be like him at all so it won''t feel genuine. I''m sure whatever he does though will still make me cry and I''ll be way too happy to be bothered. I want it to be special and remember it always but it''s not necessary for the roses, champagne, etc. Just me and him and somewhere quiet, that''s all I could ask for.

4ever

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/30/2009 11:56:51 AM
Author: mochamamasita
I don't worry about it too much because I've given him plenty of hints about the way that I DON'T want him to propose. So I'm pretty confident that he has an idea of the type of proposal that I DO want. If you're worried, maybe you could give your boyfriend some tips...
Mochamamasita- I think everyone is right, he knows me so I'm sure it will be good. I don't really want to try and control this so much, even though I really really want to. I want him to have his fun.

Vip0802- Semi public would be fine. Unlike your idea of this, I'd rather it be infount of serveral random strangers then my family. I'm still abit worried about what my mum and sister are going to say (My sister hates both my bf and our brothers gf just because she an attention seeking B#@$% and I worry about what my mum would say as I'm quite young and I know my mum regrets getting married young), I'm sure everyone else would be stoked for us though.

HopeDream- wow, now are you sure you want to guide him away from that hotdog proposal?
2.gif
It would be a great story to tell the grandkids. Hehehe. And you'd always know what to eat for your anniversary dinners.

MrsHToBe- I guess we have exactly the opposit concerns then. I'm sure he'll do somthing. I wouldn't mind somthing small as long as I know it was planned....he once asked me to marry him during sex (seriously, and yes, I'm that good
2.gif
lol) which I mannaged to laugh off because it was in the heat of the moment and unplanned. AND I would not be looking forward to the "So, how did he ask?" question from our parents.

Szh07- Thanks, it's good to know It's not too weird to worry about it. I know it's silly but I am a worryer.

NakedFiner - Yea, your right, not matter what he did I'd say yes and I'd be stoked. I'm just glad he has a plan this time, I guess it means I know he MEANS it. To be honest if it is a big an event as he's led on, I'm kinda looking forward to being spoilt that day. You've given me a new pov, what's there to worry about, it's going to be fun
5.gif

winelover23 - Yep, that's definatly a sign
38.gif

110203 - I'm definatly not the romantic type either, but I'm a sucker for abit of romance
2.gif

I guess the stress started with bad dreams - I had a couple of dreams where he proposed in the most horrible ways (one included a campervan full of puppets parked outside a movie theater being his big suprise...i really think puppets are creapy)

Anyone think they know how their SO is going to pop the question? Or, if you were to plan it for him, how would he do it?

4ever

Ideal_Rock
katomm- I agree. I would be a tad dissapoint if it was really casual, after all the hype. It''s an event that, even without the ''romance'' of champagne and roses, you do remember for ever, as well as being a story that get''s told alot.
I just want it to be an event I WANT to remember and a story I like telling. See, I ask for so little really.

MrsHToBe

Shiny_Rock
Date: 7/30/2009 9:26:23 PM
Author: 4ever
MrsHToBe- I guess we have exactly the opposit concerns then. I''m sure he''ll do somthing. I wouldn''t mind somthing small as long as I know it was planned....he once asked me to marry him during sex (seriously, and yes, I''m that good
2.gif
lol) which I mannaged to laugh off because it was in the heat of the moment and unplanned. AND I would not be looking forward to the ''So, how did he ask?'' question from our parents.

Haha, I hear you on the ''during sex'', thing! FF actually asked me yearssss ago, during a heated *ahem* moment in the hot tub. It was under his breath, so I just sort of laughed it off, but I''ll definitely never forget it. I guess that''s why I hope he plans something.. I don''t want a spur-of-the-moment thing like that, again.

MrsHToBe

Shiny_Rock
Date: 7/30/2009 3:47:47 PM
Author: NakedFinger

He knows enough about me to know what I would and wouldnt like. I dont need anything public or insanely extravagant, and any way he does it I would say yes regardless. I just want some kind of plan. Not just handing me the ring and being like ''ok we good?'' LOL. I''ve told him a million times though, I care more about what he says, not what he does. More important to me is hearing the words (I dont want to have to read them on a billboard or something), having him telling me how he feels, etc. But as long as he doesnt completely half @$$ the proposal we''ll be fine
2.gif

Exactly!

NakedFinger

Brilliant_Rock
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results