shape
carat
color
clarity

Ever hear of the DiaView product?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Ukieza

Shiny_Rock
Anyone ever hear of the DiaView product? I went into a jeweler this past weekend and saw they had one. Anyone hear of it?

Thanks!
Ukieza

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Sarin makes a product by this name but there are probably other companies that use it, and very slight variations as well. Can you tell us a little more about what your jeweler had? Was this a tool for measuring the various dimensions of the stone?

Neil Beaty
GG(GIA) ISA NAJA
Independent Appraisals in Denver

Ukieza

Shiny_Rock
Well, the jeweler had it to show diamonds. Showed that they created the machine. On the back of each they have the city they are located in printed on it. Here is the site.

http://www.diaview.com/

I guess what I''m curious about is, do people use these? Do you feel that the jeweler that sells jeweler and has created this machine is a reputable source for diamonds and jewelry? I guess it doesn''t matter what they produce for tools.. but the quality of their work. Kind of a stupid question now that I think about it but.. *shrugs*

They stated that GIA is a wider accepted certification and is better than AGS. We were talking about princess cut diamonds. From what I''ve been reading AGS is more strigent when it comes to grading. So, I''m not sure about the jeweler. I''m sure they are fine but...

-Ukieza

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I remember when those came out in the early 90''s. It''s a video microscope. They''re kind of cool for what they are but, at least the previous version was a little on the expensive side. It doesn''t strike me as terribly important what brand of microscope they use.

GIA was the first lab in the business and they enjoy oa good reputation. There have been lots of threads discussing them. Use the search box at the top right to search for things that contain ''GIA'' and I''m sure you can be reading for hours on this subject.

Neil Beaty
GG(GIA) ISA NAJA
Independent Appraisals in Denver

Ukieza

Shiny_Rock
Excellent. Thanks for your reply!

-Ukieza

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results