shape
carat
color
clarity

Evening handbag suggestions (budget $2500)

worldtraveler101

Shiny_Rock
Hi,

I am looking for a bag for my mom (60 years) for evening occasions. She usually prefers crossbody/shoulder bags, ideally something structured and non-fussy. I am also looking for a good brand (LV, Gucci) without going overboard (Hermes). Budget $2500. Okay with new or pre-owned. Here're a few I was considering:

Louis Vuitton Alma BB with strap (burgundy)
Louis Vuitton Melrose Avenue
Gucci Marmont
Gucci Dionvysus

If these aren't enough examples, it's because I don't know much about bags.

Can you please suggest some good bags/purses which meet the requirements I have posted here?

Thanks in advance.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,

I am looking for a bag for my mom (60 years) for evening occasions. She usually prefers crossbody/shoulder bags, ideally something structured and non-fussy. I am also looking for a good brand (LV, Gucci) without going overboard (Hermes). Budget $2500. Okay with new or pre-owned. Here're a few I was considering:
Maybe something like this? We bought it for our daughters when we was in Paris 2 yrs ago. It is more like a wallet/purse with a long chain.

IMG_0236.JPG

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

This is a very good bag.

I have a few chain link straps for these bags and I find them heavy. If not worn for a long time, no problem.

I might have a few other suggestions. LOL:bigsmile:

cheers--Sharon

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A number of designers offer bags similar to the Chanel "wallet on a chain" that @Dancing Fire suggested -- but with a lower price tag than Chanel. E.g.,
Yves St. Laurent -- scroll down this page to see other similar YSL bags:
Ferragamo
and
Lanvin
You'll want to double-check before making a purchase, but I believe all the foregoing handbags are made in Italy.

(Think the two LV bags you listed in your 1st post are too "heavy" in appearance or "casual" for evening wear. )

Last edited:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A number of designers offer bags similar to the Chanel "wallet on a chain" that @Dancing Fire suggested -- but with a lower price tag than Chanel. E.g.,
Yves St. Laurent -- scroll down this page to see other similar YSL bags:
Two of our friends bought ^ that one when we was in Paris.

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm sorry, I meant to include in my previous post that I think you're a wonderful daughter for presenting your mom with such a thoughtful & lovely 60th birthday gift! :appl:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Two of our friends bought ^ that one when we was in Paris.

The YSL bags look beautiful. That said, I don't own any of that brand, so I can't speak about them, compared to the brands I do own.

cheers--Sharon

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Have you asked her what she likes? Together, visit a high end mall or high street with the boutiques, or look through fashion magazines and vendor websites to get an idea. I would hate to have you spend a lot of money on something she may not find ideal or would not use. I love a black evening bag as it can be used year around. Not a fan of designer prints. Chanel is pretty and classic. They may have non metal chain link straps.

worldtraveler101

Shiny_Rock
HI:

This is a very good bag.

I have a few chain link straps for these bags and I find them heavy. If not worn for a long time, no problem.

I might have a few other suggestions. LOL:bigsmile:

cheers--Sharon

Thanks for your suggestion. If you have more suggestions, please do share!

Btw.. Can I just say I have enjoyed your posts in the CS forum.

I have the same Chanel WOC and it’s a gorgeous bag! That being said, it may be a touch small for a lady in her 60s - my mom finds it inconvenient, for example, because she needs to carry spectacles, medicines, sanitiser etc.

I think the Gucci dionysus or the marmont are both excellent options!

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gucci Soho Disco in black is a great bag for all occasions,

93AC83DA-D0AB-4851-AF60-9E0762FC9262.jpeg

and there are lots more “evening” style bags on the LV website, eg the Favorite,

8134D7A6-397E-43A4-9CE6-7F3ED09EE7E7.jpeg
and the Multi Pochette,

C040A5D4-F429-4056-A22C-6A1E19CEC95B.jpeg

123ducklings

Brilliant_Rock
I love the options you listed. I also find YSL bags to be great classic options at a reasonable luxury price point.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results