shape
carat
color
clarity

Ethiopia Gemstones

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

nwphew

Rough_Rock
Has anyone purchase any gemstones from Ethiopia? I''m hearing that Ethiopia has a source of gemstones, but mainly Opal. The Opal is very beautiful and looks better than Australian Opal.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have heard about the beauty of Ethiopian opals and seen pictures of them, but not purchased any.

pwendyp

Shiny_Rock
I''m not sure about the intricacies - gem wise - of the different countries within Africa, but I have a gorgeous peridot from Ethiopa.

Cut by Doug Menadue

My picture doesn''t show it to it''s full brilliance, it''s much brighter in real life, and I would say it''s a gorgeous bright mid grass green, with a hint of lime...hmmm I ought to take some pictures of it!

I''ve got a bit lazy with picture taking, but need to do some...soon!

It''s 1.9cts - measures 8.5x6mm and is very slightly included, but you have to use a loupe to see! I love the colour of it - really rich and green and bright.

PeridotEthiopa.jpg

PrecisionGem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I have seen a few parcels of the Ethiopian opals and they are very attractive. There is peridot found there, and also some pretty blue/green tourmaline. I''m sure there are others, but this is what I have seen.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results