shape
carat
color
clarity

Eternity Band to Match Plain Princess Solitaire?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mia1181

Brilliant_Rock

I am having sooo much trouble finding a wedding band to match my E-ring! Which is sort of ironic, considering I asked my fiancee to pick out a solitaire that was plain enough to go with anything!

This is what my ring looks like: Its 1.26 ct Princess cut in Platinum.

I love how thin the band is, how tiny the prongs are, and how low the diamond sits. But I think these are the features that make it hard to match with a snazzy eternity band because they all seem to be way overbearing. I mean they basicly make my diamond look tiny.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what eternity bands will match?

Or does anyone have an opinion on how many mm an eternity band should be to compliment a 6.22 mm diamond?

What about stacking 2 thin diamond bands (one on each side of the e-ring)? Or stacking an engraved platinum band on one side and an eternity band on the other? Does anyone have any picture of these?

Please... Any opinions would help!

janisring.JPG

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
mrs.salvo took the words right out of my head! As I was reading I was thinking... oh, a Ritani bead set eternity would look great with that, haha! Pretty ring, by the way. The Ritani eternities are VERY dainty and lovely
2.gif

*M*

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
i was also thinking the same thing..... a very thin bead set/pave eternity. just one with your ering or one for each side - either way i can imagine it would look very nice! and ritani came to mind also, as they do have very thin ones and the diamond melee they use seems to outsparkle/shimmer anything else i have seen in person.

memoire does also make a .5ctw band that is very delicate and set low, so that it probably wouldn't overshadow your ering. and they too put out a tremendous amount of sparkle/shimmer!

ETA: pearlman's offers both of these brands and bill is wonderful to speak with. i highly recommend giving him a call; tell him about your ring and ask what he thinks.

now.... i am a fellow princess owner and i have never seen a setting like yours! it's beautiful, very delicate and a perfect compliment to your diamond! i love it! may i ask who it is by, if you know? and *ahem* i'd love to see some more pics if you have any to share!!
31.gif

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don''t think you can go wrong with an eternity ring or two. They are great for adding a bit of bling, and they are classic enough to go with anything.

mia1181

Brilliant_Rock
Wow thanks everyone! I think I will go with 2 very thin eternity bands.

Rainydaze- Here are some pics of my ring. Keep in mind its 2 years old so it has a bunch of scratches and I had the prongs tightened so it doesn''t look quite as nice as when I first got it.
7.gif

He actually got the diamond and setting from diamond.com. I love how the thin band and prongs give the illusion it that the diamond is just floating there.

janisring1.JPG

mia1181

Brilliant_Rock
another

janisring2.JPG

mia1181

Brilliant_Rock
I can''t believe how the camera picks up the knuckle hairs!

janisring4.JPG

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring is beautiful! I think that 2 thin eternity bands is definitely the way to go!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
My wedding band is a 2.5 mm, channel set princess eternity band that I think would look great with your ring. I had a local B&M custom make mine but I know lots of places have similar rings. I love princesses with princesses.

lisaC

Brilliant_Rock
bothrings.gif

You don''t like this look? Have you tried a bunch of eternity bands with different carat weights?

Mine is a bit smaller than yours and I chose a smidge over a carat for my wedding band.
1.gif

wolftress

Brilliant_Rock
Your ring is beautiful and classic! I agree that two really thin bead set bands on either side would look stunning, and you can wear them stacked on their own without the e-ring too.

mia1181

Brilliant_Rock
LisaC- Your rings are exactly the look I was going for, but none of the ones I tried on looked as nicely proportioned as yours are. That''s weird too because I think the ones I tried on were less than a carat (although I didn''t ask). Maybe its because they were prong-set? I didn''t get to try on some channel-set ones, maybe that would look nice.

Although now I am thinking it would be pretty cool to have 2 wedding bands instead of one. Even though I know it will be less TCW because the platinum is so expensive.

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
This princess channel set is from Facets.

"Platinum Channel-Set Eternity Band, 45 Princess Cut Diamonds, 0.54ct. tw. F-G color VVS-VS clarity

All of our diamonds are ideal or premium cut. The ring is 2.3mm wide."

23721_xlarge.jpg

lisaC

Brilliant_Rock
Were you looking at rounds or princess cuts? And I second Upgradable in looking at Facets site. I love the build your own eternity ring with the instant quote feature.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results