shape
carat
color
clarity

eternity band to match 1.85 round brilliant

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

rosy

Shiny_Rock
Hi,
I''m having trouble deciding on the size of diamonds for an eternity band to wear with my round brilliant solitaire 1.85 carat.
How many pointers? .01, .02, .03, .04, or higher? Please don''t tell me it''s personal preference because I know that I want my center stone to look large & stand out. What size will do the best job?

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/25/2005 3:40:32 AM
Author:rosy

Please don't tell me it's personal preference because I know that I want my center stone to look large & stand out.
Well... the standard sizes for the pointers are 1.3mm for 1 point, 1.3 for 2 points, 2mm for 3 points and 2.2mm for 4 points. The way these are set into the band dictates how much wider the ring is than the little bits of diamond set on it. This depends on how the ring is made - definitely up to the maker to tell you. With some luck, the band of the ring ight be as thin as 2mm, if you so wish. There are eternity bands that thin, so... why not. If the goal is to make the band as narrow as possible with the daimonds set on it as large as possible - that is not the easiest thing to do.
2.gif

Have you tried a few rings for size ? I am not very convinced that it is the very thinnest rings that make diamonds stand out. After all, the size of the hand is the same no matter how big or small is the ring, so a really thin ring will just look small on the hand. Of course, I can't know what looks best on your hand.

Just my 0.2
1.gif

Have you ever tried on something like this ? It might not be the most trendy poster style, but I can't say dome rings have ever been out of fashion either - sort of an undercurrent of all times. IMO, the type looks fab on large hands or long fingers - right there where dainty solitaires get lost.

elepri

Brilliant_Rock
Mine is a 1.6 solitaire and I recently went and tried different size eternity bands with my ring. I found that 6 pointers looked best with mine but i think it had more to do with the width of my solitaire setting (I think it''s about 3mm). I agree with Ana in that i didn''t find that a thinner eternity band made my solitaire stand out more.

Maxine

Brilliant_Rock
I have 5 pters, which seems to go w/band about 2.5 mm (think it tapers to about 2.3 near stone).....just posted my set on thread re: wedding eternity sets on SMTR.....stone is 1.21....I haven''t been concerned about wanting smaller band to make stone look bigger....Since the rings are flush w/ each other , the stone pops out!!!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Id say 4 or 5s myself. I am getting 3s for my .86 ct

bluepetal

Rough_Rock
I have a 2.37 and my wedding ring (getting married in May) is .30 per stone all the way around, total of 4.5 carats. I love it!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results