shape
carat
color
clarity

Eternity band e-ring is a tiny bit big and w-band ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

karasue91

Brilliant_Rock
Hi! I''ve posted on Bride World Wide but this is my first post here...but now that I''m looking at wedding bands I started checking this board too.

My engagement ring is an eternity band, and I absolutely love it. I picked it out and FI bought exactly what I wanted (except with bigger diamonds than I had picked out...he''s a good man). My problem is that I have kind of large knuckles in comparison to the bottom of my finger where the ring sits. So it annoys the crap out of me how it slides all over the place. It''s not so big that it would ever slide over my knuckle and fall off, but I was wondering if anyone else had this problem too? I searched for this topic and someone had a similar problem and talked about getting "sizing beads" put in...is that just where they put little beads of platinum on the inside to make it a bit smaller?

Also wondering if anyone else had an eternity band as their engagement ring and what you are doing for a wedding band? At first I thought just a plain platinum band but then I tried one on with tiny little scattered diamonds and I thought it looked pretty with a little bit of sparkle on the wedding band. Any ideas? The diamonds on the band are .2ct round with a shared-prong setting (I think, I''m a novice to the jewelry lingo!) Here is a pic of it, but I think this is .25ct, a little bigger.

Thanks!

9161ALD.jpg

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
What about two very thin plain plat bands, one on either side? Or two very thin diamond bands, one on either side?
31.gif

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
Hey, Kara, I also wanted an eternity band as an engagement ring, but ended up getting one (a smaller version) as a wedding band. I often just wear the eternity band on its own without my e-ring,but have been experimenting with other bands because I''m trying to decide on another, more plain wedding band. I really like the way my eternity band looked with a plain 3mm or even 4mm platinum band. Also, I really like the way it looks with a plain trinity ring (I just bought a generic one). I went to Cartier AGAIN on my lunch break today specifically to see how the trinity looks with an eternity band and I really liked the look. I think that because eternity bands are so versatile they can look great with a number of other bands, it''s just a matter of finding a look you like.

sgoehle

Rough_Rock
I think Surfgirl had a good suggestion. I suffer from the same problem, thin fingers, monster knuckles. But the thin part of my fingers are long, so thin bands don''t work for me. I use a wide plain band (10 mm) and it keeps everything pretty snug. Wish I had pictures but my photo skills really stink. Lady Asterbilt

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
I wear my eternity alone. Sometimes I wear a thick plain band with it, but really I prefer to wear it without anything else. Usually any other ring I put on with it stabilizes it a lot. The looseness doesn't bother me too much. I figure it will pay off when I'm older and my knuckles change. I had sizing beads in another ring and they bothered me a bit--I probably would have been alright with smaller beads, or less of them, or something. I like the looseness of my ring--I hate feeling like a ring could get stuck. Anyway, I just wanted to say that I think wearing it alone is very chic.
2.gif

e and weddingring.jpg

sera

Ideal_Rock
Ditto surfgirl...

I would get a variety of pairs of thin bands: plain, diamond, pink diamond, etc
31.gif

wolftress

Brilliant_Rock
How about getting two thin platinum bands on either side, like Surfgirl suggested, and get them in a smaller size than your e-band. That way, they will hold it in place so it doesn''t slide around your finger.

Alternatively, if the fingers on your right hand are bigger, you could wear it as a RHR when you get married and wear a smaller diamond band on your left hand.

Or... you could get two ultra thin pave bands and wear them on either side of your e-ring if you want extra sparkle. With an eternity band like yours, the options are endless!

You may want to go into the Celebrity rings thread and have a look at how Jennifer Garner stacks her rings. It sounds like your eternity band is a lot like hers.

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had sizing beads in rings and they were fine, very comfortable. As for wedding band ideas...I like the suggestion of the 2 thin plain bands, that would look beautiful!

karasue91

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the ideas!

surfgirl, Lady Asterbilt, sera: Have you seen any pictures or posts with pictures of the eternity band with smaller bands on each side? I do like the idea, but I guess I feel like since I didn''t get a traditional engagement ring, I''d like to be a little more traditional with just one band? But I really haven''t tried on many wedding bands yet, so maybe I''ll love it when I try it on!

Alleyoop, that is a really great website, I wish they were located in NYC! I really love the organic look, I think it might be really nice next to my band. I think I''m going to hit up The Clay Pot this weekend, they might have some organic-type stuff so I can try it on at least. I also like the antique-style rings at the Green Lake Jewelry site, I think I''ll also stop by Doyle and Doyle

NewEngland, I also like your idea of the trinity!!

justjulia, that was my original thought, that I only wanted to wear the eternity band, but then I thought I would like another band too, just in case I don''t want to wear the full diamond band (gym, sports, etc). I agree with you, the diamond band alone is very chic, I''m sure I''ll probably end up wearing it alone most of the time!!

I''ll be posting my findings!
16.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/9/2007 9:59:26 PM
Author: karasue91

surfgirl, Lady Asterbilt, sera: Have you seen any pictures or posts with pictures of the eternity band with smaller bands on each side? I do like the idea, but I guess I feel like since I didn''t get a traditional engagement ring, I''d like to be a little more traditional with just one band? But I really haven''t tried on many wedding bands yet, so maybe I''ll love it when I try it on!

This is kind of the same idea, but my flanking bands have teeny tiny diamonds in them. I used to wear my eternity band alone but I love it with the two other bands now.

(My fingers look really squat and sausagey in this pic
20.gif
)

eternity with two bands0001.jpg

karasue91

Brilliant_Rock
DeeJay, your ring is gorgeous!! Thanks for the visual
30.gif

Cathers

Shiny_Rock
Date: 10/9/2007 10:06:06 PM
Author: Dee*Jay

Date: 10/9/2007 9:59:26 PM
Author: karasue91

This is kind of the same idea, but my flanking bands have teeny tiny diamonds in them. I used to wear my eternity band alone but I love it with the two other bands now.

(My fingers look really squat and sausagey in this pic
20.gif
)

Dee*Jay(we call our little girl PJ or the Peej, kinda neat!) I LOVE your rings!!! I never even thought about using an eternity band as an ER. I really love the look! WOW!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results