shape
carat
color
clarity

Etching glass advice needed

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Hello...I have a new idea for my Christmas Dinner table. Thinking about personalizing the drinking glasses I plan to use. I have pictured a goblet type stemed clear glass. I think it is called a water glass. I will be making 10.

Anyway..I want to make these look like Starbucks clear mugs...the trademark name is etched or painted on the glass in a New Times Roman font.

When you run your finger accross the glass it is raised...not inset. I am thinking they used some sort of paint that is translucent or thin in nature, as it appears frosted/etched. Any advice on how to achieve this project?

There is a product that is a paint called perma-enamel and then there is an etching liquid but it run about $35.

Any advice please advise...has anyone used any of these products? Thanks

Layne

Shiny_Rock
The products are easy to use- I did it as a girl scout. I''m sure if you go to Michael''s or Hobby Lobby they have a kit with instructions. I''m not sure what it is called but I would use the one that is more viscous- just paint it on with a paint brush or maybe a sponge. Perhaps you can find a stencil of what you want etched - just make sure you tape it down well so it does not leak while doing its work on the glass.

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Layne...I went to HL and bought the wimpy stuff. Haven''t started yet. This stuff actually just paints the glass. Takes 10 days to set. It is not necessary to work with ventilation...those products always scare me a tad. Will let you know how it turns out. Oh, I may decide to print letters and adhere the letters on the inside of the glass...then paint the product on the outside. Because the stencil I bought requires adhesive and then it would be a guey to clean before the next name. Thanks again for your reply and support. DKS

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results