shape
carat
color
clarity

Estate wedding band advice wanted

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Folks:

Although I may end up purchasing a new wedding band to go with my engagement ring, I really would prefer to find something, well, used - or an "estate piece." (It''s a personal thing - I''m into recycling just about everything - I even work for an environmental org.)

So - can anyone offer me some pointers? I''m afraid that I''ll end up with something that''s damaged. I suppose I should begin by finding a really trustworthy retailer? (The only one I''m aware of in my area is terribly expensive.) I want to find an eternity band with .03 pt stones set in platinum.

The good news is that I have about a year to find my used ring.

thank you for your help, Mary
35.gif

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
Local jewelers here take pieces in on consignment. I''ve found some neat things that way. You might check around with your local jewelers and see who does consignments. Since you''ve got some time to work with,........... You can tell the jewelers what you''re looking for and leave your contact info. If they get a ring like what you want on consignment the jeweler can call or email you. Sometimes jewelers know of people looking to sell a piece that isn''t in their shop on consignment. A jeweler might be able to put you in touch with a person looking to sell their ring.

You might also look around at pawn shops and watch the newpaper for estate and moving auctions.
1.gif

HotHot

Rough_Rock
I know a site that has beautiful estate bands. www.estatediamondjewelry.com
My friend bought her engagement ring from them and she was very happy with their service.
Good luck

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
Since you might be looking at rings in person, I would suggest you get and Ideal Scope. You can order one at

www.gemappraisers.com if you are in the US.
1.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It may take a bit to find one of exactly your size - since eternity bands cannot be resized, it's a bit tricky to find old ones that fit all specs.

Anyway, Fay has a couple dozen listed and makes some old styles too: LINK

I appreciate everyone''s advice! And I will get a scope - I''ve always wanted one anyway, and now I have an excuse!

Smiles, Mary

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results