shape
carat
color
clarity

Espresso Maker as...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
...a steam cleaner?

I was reading the jewel jet cleaning thread and I kept on thinking, "Man, if only I could steam my ring and not have an additional appliance to take up counter space." Then I realized that the frothing thingie on my espresso maker has concentrated steam. So...I tried it. Granted, I didn''t have tongs, but it seemed to work.

But before I get really excited about being able to use my espresso maker as a steam cleaner, I''m wondering if there''s some reason I shouldn''t do this?

D2B

Brilliant_Rock
Hmmm, hope someone chimes in with the answer for you. In the UK we cant for some strange reason get the real ultrasonic cleaners (anyone in the UK please prove me wrong
26.gif
), so if that really were to work, I will be buying my DH a lovely expresso maker (he loves his coffee) and getting a steam cleaner in the process.

So anyone know, pretty please.........

35.gif

d2b

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don''t see why that wouldn''t work?
33.gif

I recently got Frontgate''s jewelry cleaner, which I think is exactly the same as the Salton Jewelry Spa. It has a little "electrochemical bath" that you soak the jewelry in first, and then you use the steamer to "blast" the dirt off. (And BOY does it work!!!) I would think the steam from an espresso machine would be about the same as the steam from my cleaner??? Maybe soak your rings in jewelry cleaner first, and then blast them with the espresso machine steam. I don''t think it would hurt anything.
21.gif

April20

Ideal_Rock
I have been lurking for a ridiculously long amount of time (like 18 months) and find it comical that this was the post that made me register!

I used to work for the big ole coffee company that isn''t doing so great these days. We had espresso machines in all the kitchens in the office and I used to clean my jewelry all the time. It''s really, really easy to burn yourself, so be careful. I used to thread my engagement ring on the end of a fork so that I had some distance between me and the steam wand. Your rings come out so pretty and sparkly! I have an ultra sonic cleaner now that I no longer have access to the powerful steam wand- it works well, but man I miss that steam wand!!!

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
April20, first of all, WELCOME to PS! Second, I laughed out loud knowing that someone had beaten me to this crazy discovery! I have the littlest espresso machine ever - I was just holding my ring with my fingers and got a little warm but my machine doesn't really have the oomph that a pro one does. Might hop on Ebay and get some of those cool jeweler's tweezer things though (though I hear forks work well, haha). Any usage tips?

Irishgrrrl, that's my thinking too - while I haven't used a pro steam cleaner, I figured it was pretty much the same effect. Thanks for chiming in!

D2B - I say go for it! Lattes + Clean Rings!

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I do this sometimes. I love my espresso machine. So far I haven''t found anything wrong with it. I do have to use tweezers though so I don''t burn myself.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results