shape
carat
color
clarity

ES_store ebay, anybody have any experience?

artdecogirl

Brilliant_Rock
Hello everybody, I have been watching many of their items and they have a good feed back rating. The ps search did not show anything of course and a google search showed a thread on a pearl site that was started in 2008 I think so very old news. Has anybody bought from them or know anything about them? they are based in Hong Kong. I love love love the baroque tahitians :love: :love: especially the grey / black they look beautiful and I would love to have a strand or pendant if the pics were true to life. I am not a purist at all but I want to have full disclosure so if any of you pearl aficionados see anything that trips any alarms please point them out to me, I would very much appreciate it! :wavey:

periwinklegirl

Brilliant_Rock
I think they are the same as The Pearl Society. Quite a few people have posted about their experience buying from them (if you search Pearl Society). I find the trick is to really read through the listing thoroughly and look at all the pictures of each pearl to understand the details of what you're buying. I have 3 or 4 things from them, and have been pleased with some, disappointed with others. Like anything else, you get what you pay for, but their prices are certainly better than B & M retail!
A number of us have also bought from Agustus pearl (mostly south seas).

Good luck!

artdecogirl

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks periwinklegirl! I did not know they were associated and I will have to check out Augustus, I had not heard of them. :wavey:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have had a number of purchased from ES Stores back in the early 00's, with some notable successes by sniping at the last minute, such as earrings, pendants, necklaces and a ring.

I do not remember buying from the Pearl Society, and am not aware of the two sellers being linked in anyway.

I have not found anything on ES Stores that take my fancy for a number of years, as there appears to be less bargains to be had than in the 00's.

I would advise reading the description of the items very carefully, and be wary of the shipping charges and their T&C on returns and refunds, which is the usual advice for all eBay listings, regardless of sellers.

DK :))

misskittycat

Brilliant_Rock
I bought a pair of Tahitian pearl drops half drilled from ES Store earlier in the year. I haven't had them set yet. They are ok, nothing special, but the price was reasonable for what they are. Pictures were reasonably accurate but they weren't great pearls to begin with. I have also bought from pearl society and found them to be great.

artdecogirl

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you for your replies DK168 and Misskittycat, I decided to bite the bullet so I will update when I receive the strand with a review after the first of the year. :wavey:

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Looking forward to this review as I've been watching a few things too.

artdecogirl

Brilliant_Rock
Well I received the strand I bought and I will tell you I am pretty happy with it, the auction ended on dec 20th and they said with shipping from hong kong it would arrive the 1st or 2nd and I received it yesterday so that was nice and quick. I got one of the finished strands so it came in a nice box that would be great for gift giving. I was watching the darker black and grey ones and then this silvery one caught my eye, they called it a Silvery Tahitian south sea semi baroque cultured pearl with aaa+ lustre aaa+ nacre and aa+ surface, there is some pitting that I could see in the seller pics but I will tell you I know my eyes are bad but even with my glasses on they do not look as bad in person as they do in the magnified pics, I would link to the seller pictures but I do not know how to do that on a mac? Anyhoo, here are some of my pictures.

This is the box they came in.

rsz_1rsz_jos_pics_018.jpg

rsz_jos_pics_003.jpg

On a paper towel
rsz_jos_pics_006.jpg

rsz_jos_pics_015.jpg

rsz_jos_pics_017.jpg

artdecogirl

Brilliant_Rock
Neck shot.

rsz_jos_pics_022.jpg

I will tell you I really like these, I think part of it is the metallic quality, they are very shiny and the color is great. I am very pale pasty toned trending toward pink when I am warm or nervous with auburn hair and I kept buying white and lilac toned pearls and they just were not right until I got a grey/silver strand from Catherine and a lightbulb went off and now this strand that they did not call metallic but they are very very shiny. I love that about them, I have never seen in person a very nice strand of tahitians and I am glad because I really like these and I am sure by the price they are in the lower quality end of the spectrum and if I saw some high end ones I think my bank account would suffer tremendously. Thanks for looking :wavey:

artdecogirl

Brilliant_Rock
So that is all the pics, so they are certainly not aaa+ as stated or anywhere near that so I think you need to look at the pics to know what you are getting and they do state that in the auctions. I think because they are so bright I can't show you a pic that shows the true color because the overtones are just not showing up they look so washed out in my pics and I don't think the seller pics show it either but I am very happy with the color and would buy from them again if the price is right as this was. I will be looking for a darker strand from them next time and hope they are consistent.

periwinklegirl

Brilliant_Rock
They are lovely! What a handful of silvery Tahitian/south sea goodness!!

Thanks for sharing your experience!

Pearlescence

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I went and had a look...prices are about what I would expect. no great bargains and the quality is around AA..ish mostly

ladyzee

Rough_Rock
I think they look wonderful on you and the silver colour and lustre really comes through in your pictures. Wear them in good health!

artdecogirl

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you ladies, I appreciate the replies and input. I really wish my camera could pick up the pinky/purple overtones but...
And Periwinklegirl,WOW you have been on a pearl spree!! I love the multicolor Kasumi strand, you have a great eye and I am enjoying ogling your new things this winter. Happy new year all :wavey:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results