shape
carat
color
clarity

Ering sketches from Sally!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
K, got 2 sketches today! Here''s the first, the profile.

spineleringsketch1.jpg

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
The side view

spineleringsketch2.jpg

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it already!!! it looks like there is a rope bezel as well? did you see FreeFly's ering from Sally? she added an extra rope bezel to hers'...

ETA: here is a pic from freefly

DSC00644.JPG

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
And just a refresher course: The inspiration ring, but would be in white gold.

CalebMeyerinspiration1130.jpg

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
The profile of that one

cm1130profilering.jpg

Liane

Brilliant_Rock
Love the design. What stone are you using?

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
and one of the swirly profiles I sent her. Hey, isn''t there a way when the pics are already posted on PS to take them from another post and get them in here so I can have more than one in a post? I thought I read that someplace. I tried to click and drag once and it didn''t work so I figured that wasn''t it.

1424swirlieprofile.jpg

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/7/2009 5:47:46 PM
Author: packrat
and one of the swirly profiles I sent her. Hey, isn't there a way when the pics are already posted on PS to take them from another post and get them in here so I can have more than one in a post? I thought I read that someplace. I tried to click and drag once and it didn't work so I figured that wasn't it.
open up two window of pricescope and you can drag it over, but I have both windows up simultaneously side by side (so their not maximized on my monitor) hope that makes sense

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Aaaand the spinel!

Copy of spinel 100_12841.jpg

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/7/2009 5:50:26 PM
Author: D&T

and one of the swirly profiles I sent her. Hey, isn't there a way when the pics are already posted on PS to take them from another post and get them in here so I can have more than one in a post? I thought I read that someplace. I tried to click and drag once and it didn't work so I figured that wasn't it.
open up two window of pricescope and you can drag it over, but I have both windows up simultaneously side by side (so their not maximized on my monitor) hope that makes sense

K, I'll try it quick and interrupt my own thread haha.
http://www.pricescope.com/idealbb/files/1198.jpg
http://www.pricescope.com/idealbb/download.asp?fileID=212895&topicID=129062&forumID=11&catID=1

ETA hmph.

40.gif

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love Sally''s sketches, and I love your new spinel Packrat! They''re gorgeous, and I can''t wait to see the finished ring. I keep reading about Sally here, but I''m not who she is. I''m guessing she''s from Etsy, right?

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks really gorgeous!

-A

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh I can''t wait to see the end result!!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is going to be lovely! Always enjoy seing Sally''s sketches!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like the rope bezel on freefly''s ring-I think it looks beautiful that way, I just don''t think it''s "me"..I think I want it to be as plain as possible except for the whirls in the profile.

I don''t know how things drawn out translate to an actual finished piece, so I''m hoping you guys can help me with it! The bezel looks like it sits on the shank and is disk-ish, for lack of a better word, and I''d like the shank to taper in towards the bezel and into it, more like in the CM ring. Does that make sense? I know w/CAD''s things can look quite a bit different, but not sure w/drawings.

She wasn''t sure of my size (oops, I think it''s required to forget and leave out some vital piece of info, right?) so she did the sketches as if it were a 6.5 to 7. I would actually be a 4 to 4.5, so I''m not sure how much of a difference that would make in the sketch part.

Oh, and she said it would sit about 8mm off the finger!

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That design is such a clever amalgamation of all the inspiration rings. I love the rope bezel too! It''s going to be stunning! Sally has such a good eye doesn''t she?

If you want to insert pictures that have already been posted on PS, open up to windows both with PS. The difference I''ve found is that you click on the photo you want but then drag it to the bottom of the screen so that your screensaver opens, then go to the other PS window that you want to paste it in and drop in the thread. For some reason it only works if I hover over the screensaver and then move on! If I go straight from one PS window to another it doesn''t work! Hope that helps.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m so excited to see the finished ring. The stone and the sketch will look marvelous together.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
https://www.pricescope.com/idealbb/files/DSC00640.JPG

ETA haha didn't work again. I'm not so savvy w/computers I'm a thunkin.

Sooo I was just looking and thinking..what if the bezel was yg and the whole rest of the ring was white? Just the very inside, so it would be the opposite of the CM ring. Yay, nay?

I'm still not feeling the rope part..I'll see what she says tho..we had talked about milgraining at the very beginning, so maybe the rope is a variation of the idea?

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Packrat I think I was typing as you were posting. To answer a few of your questions:

1. If the rope bezel isn't "you" then ask Sally for something more simple. That should be an easy change to make.
2. Will it look different because of the size? Unlikely.
3. I suspect that from the top, the ring Sally has sketched will look more like Firefly's than the other ring you've posted. Actually I'm not sure that the taper up to the bezel will look right with your cushion cut. Maybe it will look too skinny? I'd be tempted to keep this as it but I'm not the one who will be wearing it. :)

Sally really does have a good eye. Why don't you explain your concerns to her and see if she suggests any tweaks?

Novel

Brilliant_Rock
Packrat, I think its beautiful and well on its way! I know what you mean about the bezel. Its almost like a bezel version of a peghead and you want it to be incorporated into the shank, right? I do think she made an amazing side profile!

And like LD said, if you think the rope isn't you, I'm sure she'd be happy to change it! Its a nice little oomph, but if you want simpler, it could be too oomph-y.

I can't wait to see! Sigh.

ETA: I just read Freefly's post on what the modification was like and she said it looks a lot more delicate in real life and more like milgrain than a rope, if that helps. But its your ering. No need to settle.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it looks great so far!

kas baby

Brilliant_Rock
ooh packrat! It''s going to be stunning when it''s finished! this is so exciting, going from the search for the spinel, to finally finding one, and now on to sketches! soon before you know it, the ring will be finished and in your hot little hands
31.gif
yay!

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/7/2009 5:58:32 PM
Date: 12/7/2009 5:50:26 PM

Author: D&T

K, I'll try it quick and interrupt my own thread haha.

http://www.pricescope.com/idealbb/files/1198.jpg

http://www.pricescope.com/idealbb/download.asp?fileID=212895&topicID=129062&forumID=11&catID=1

ETA hmph.

40.gif

Here's two:

1198.jpg

DSC00640.JPG

If you go to the thread where the pic is located, right click and copy the image location. Then click on the pic icon (the one next to the link icon) when you reply to your new thread and put that image location in.

To do it in HTML, it's

No spaces between the "">

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
And I can''t wait to see it!!!!

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
That ring looks like it will be beautiful!

As for the pictures here is how I do it on my mac, I can''t "drag" the images like I could on my old PC
- open thread with pic in another window
- right click and pick "copy image address''
- click other internet window with new thread you are trying to copy pic too
- click on the "insert picture" button above the post. It is the square with the purple mountains and yellow sun
- A box should open
- paste the URL into that box
- submit the thread, the pic should show up after it is posted.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone! I''m emailing her back as we speak! I''m just grinning like a cheeser too, I''m so excited!

What do you guys think about switching the gold colors around so they''re the opposite of the CM ring, having the bezel part right up next to the stone be yellow gold and the whole rest of the bezel and ring be white gold? Would that look dumb or give it a little something? I was planning on doing the whole thing in white, but maybe that might look pretty?

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Since it is an e-ring, I would do it all in one color - my guess is that it would have a more timeless quality that way. But I can''t predict the future!

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOVE the inspiration rings and the resulting sketch. The rope isn''t me either so I too would drop that.

If the Spinel is a rich purple then I would go with the two tone. I know you showed us a picture but I haven''t seen it IRL and maybe it''s very rich and then that would be stunning.

HTH

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the tips on getting already posted pics into threads-I''ll give them a whirl!

I don''t see the color as purple, I see it as..delicate (?) pink/powder blue/lavender..it''s such a mix of colors it''s hard to describe!

kas baby

Brilliant_Rock
I think since you describe it as having that mix of colors, I would do all white metal, as I think it would compliment all of those colors nicely.
12.gif

so excited right now!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results